• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

P3 Old Way Prior to Cc Authorization - Question

I think it's like 5 steps to submit something now without any credit cards? Yep, it had always been that way to me! I haven't submitted since the new CC authoration procedure so I dont know.I agree Shelby! I used it to go through the series of "checks" - then I could wait until the end and not submit and fix anything I wanted.
kam
Staff member
I have only submitted a few shows since this new CC authorization procedure - and those had no credit cards.

I thought I was crazy...but didn't we used to be able to go through ALL the submission steps - yet not do a final submit? So, basically, I could go through everything and have one last chance to change my mind on submission.

Now with the new CC authorization, it just automatically submits for you! No more last chance. The last couple shows, I thought I clicked through too fast and missed it, but tonight I had CCs to authorize and I noticed it submits the show right away. Ugh!

Does anyone remember if we used to be able to go through the steps and hold back on the very last step - submission?

Yes, but I thought the old way was a bit redundant. Did you not mean to submit something?

kam said:
I have only submitted a few shows since this new CC authorization procedure - and those had no credit cards.

I thought I was crazy...but didn't we used to be able to go through ALL the submission steps - yet not do a final submit? So, basically, I could go through everything and have one last chance to change my mind on submission.

Now with the new CC authorization, it just automatically submits for you! No more last chance. The last couple shows, I thought I clicked through too fast and missed it, but tonight I had CCs to authorize and I noticed it submits the show right away. Ugh!

Does anyone remember if we used to be able to go through the steps and hold back on the very last step - submission?

Yep, it had always been that way to me! I haven't submitted since the new CC authoration procedure so I dont know.

lesliec said:
Yes, but I thought the old way was a bit redundant. Did you not mean to submit something?

I disagree. It used to tell you lots of things that you needed to know. It showed where everything was being shipped to to double check. It let you know if a guest didn't get a guest special. It let you know if a hosts FPV hadn't all been used. I loved it.

lesliec said:

ShelbyMichalek said:
I disagree. It used to tell you lots of things that you needed to know. It showed where everything was being shipped to to double check. It let you know if a guest didn't get a guest special. It let you know if a hosts FPV hadn't all been used. I loved it.

I agree Shelby!

I used it to go through the series of "checks" - then I could wait until the end and not submit and fix anything I wanted.

I miss it!

You still have those check screens. If you see an error or that you forgot something, simply stop at that point, go back and fix the error ... then start again. ;)

I've submitted a few shows using the CC authorization, and I've still seen the screens double-checking shipping, guest special double-check, booking benefit check, etc. The last chance you have to cancel the submission is when you click to authorize the credit cards, once that process starts-the rest is automatic! (I'm sure that's because of the cc authorization and the fact that once a card is authorized it has to be submitted within 48 hours--which is only applicable if 1 of the cc's is NOT authorized.)

I hope that helps!

ShelbyMichalek said:

It still shows all that stuff for me...

I wasn't saying that it isn't like that. I did state above that I haven't submitted a show since the new CC authorization process so I didn't know if it was or not :D

I guess what I am trying to say was that we used to (I thought) go all the way to the end and have a show sitting as...I can't remember the terminology. But it was basically "Finished but not Submitted".

Now, when you are stepping through and have no credit cards...it just goes and submits and I guess I was expecting that final choice of Submitting or not. And it shocked me when I didn't have a chance to hold back.

You are right--you used to be able to finalize, but not submit. Looks like that option is gone.

You can still do that, though. Just make sure you're disconnected from the internet. It will take you all the way through to the CC check, which can't be done without the connection.

What is "P3 Old Way Prior to Cc Authorization"?

"P3 Old Way Prior to Cc Authorization" refers to the previous method used by Pampered Chef for processing credit card payments before implementing their current credit card authorization system.

Why did Pampered Chef switch to a new credit card authorization system?

Pampered Chef switched to a new credit card authorization system in order to provide better security and protection for their customers' credit card information. This new system also allows for faster and more efficient processing of payments.

How does the new credit card authorization system work?

The new credit card authorization system uses advanced encryption and fraud detection technology to securely process credit card payments. When a customer places an order, their credit card information is encrypted and sent to the payment processor for authorization. Once the payment is approved, the order is processed and the funds are transferred to Pampered Chef's account.

Do I need to do anything differently as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you will need to update your sales processes to reflect the new credit card authorization system. This may include educating your customers on the new system and providing them with reassurance about the security of their credit card information.

Are there any additional fees associated with the new credit card authorization system?

No, there are no additional fees for using the new credit card authorization system. The cost is covered by Pampered Chef as part of their commitment to providing a secure and efficient payment process for their customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • elizabethfox
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • VAGirlChef