• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm Sorry You Went Thru That. and I Thought My Friend Being a Host and

I
imported_Nikkijo
Help!!!If you need any encouragement come here!! For example if you need motivation to work out or a bag of chips is staring at you!

haha I've had that bag of chips staring at me all week...and the cheesecake in the fridge

I shared a little of my most recent twinkie with Martin... but I ate the whole rest of the box. I am pretty sure at this rate I will NOT be the biggest loser.... :(

I have this problem with candy I eat it all.. seriosly I have no candy in my stocking I keep eating it.. I am surprised that i haven't eaten everyone elses too!! When it comes to pie and candy i have no self controll.

Tonia D. said:
I have this problem with candy I eat it all.. seriosly I have no candy in my stocking I keep eating it.. I am surprised that i haven't eaten everyone elses too!! When it comes to pie and candy i have no self controll.

I am totally with you in this boat!

I don't think I'm off to a good start today. LOTS of coffee and pancakes for breakfast. Good thing I'm not starting till the new year!

Christ Follower said:
I don't think I'm off to a good start today. LOTS of coffee and pancakes for breakfast. Good thing I'm not starting till the new year!

NO kidding, with all the stuff I've been baking, and sampling:eek:

I got a lovely box of expensive chocolate from a friend 4 days ago. I have somehow managed to eat ONE PIECE a day since I got it. It is surprisingly easy to do. They are very good chocolates, and I want to savour them as long as I can.

I baked cookies for a gift for a friend of DH . . . I made 3 different kinds . . . well who doesn't want left over cookies! YUM!

friday said:
I got a lovely box of expensive chocolate from a friend 4 days ago. I have somehow managed to eat ONE PIECE a day since I got it. It is surprisingly easy to do. They are very good chocolates, and I want to savour them as long as I can.

You have way more self control than I do.

Christ Follower said:
You have way more self control than I do.

Believe me, no one is more surprised than I am. I guess I must REALLy want to get rid of this extra blubber.

Consultant With Grammar Issues:I have a consultant who is doing terrific in her super starter period. She has earned at least $550.00 in PC bucks and at least most of other incentives offered in past 2 months.

She has set up quite extensive email contacts and is sending out a nice newsletter with excellent graphics, etc. Problem? She is not a good speller and she is not doing common things like capitalizing first words or the word "I", etc.

She sends me a copy so that is how I know what goes out. I cringe when I see the number of errors...in a short "thank you holiday" email there were at least 18 spelling, major grammer or punctuation errors in a brief 2 paragraph email. (Honestly, I don't always count but this was really bad....)

I am not indicating that things I send out are perfect...they usually aren't...but the sheer volume of errors in hers are troubling.

So...do I say anything? And, if so...how to do it diplomatically. In my brief relationship with her I know her to be very senstitive and hurt by any perceived criticism. Again, she is doing great so far...I am more concerned that lack of attention to details in items like this may hinder her growth.

touchy situation...I would call her (email is too impersonal for something like this). tell her you LOVE the graphics and such in her newsletter and ask if she is up for some corrective criticism....then explain why you would like to see her correct this problem~tell her exactly what you told us-you don't want to see it affect her business!

I agree with Meg. I am very sensitive too and am usually very careful about my grammer and spelling (I'm usually the proofer around here and can't read something without finding the errors - lol).

Anyway... not long after I joined CS I posted something and it had one or two errors on it. I got a PM from someone (I think it was John or Scott) pointing out those errors and stating that I should correct them because it made me look unprofessional. He said it in a nice way (...I can see you are a leader and you should proof before you post so it gives you more credibility - that kind of tone). At first I thought "I am sure you and everyone has made a spelling mistake here and there" but after thinking about it I was and am grateful that he said something! I think about his comment and thank him every time I find an error in something I proof and especially when I find it after I send it out.

Tell her. She will appreciate your feedback especially since you have so many other good things to say about her newsletter and business.

When you do talk to her, don't make a huge deal out of it - no cringing over the phone, no faces (even though she can't see them) no "I wish I didn't have to say..."...you know what I mean.

This is something that could be addressed to the entire cluster, not just to her. You could do a training segment on professionalizm; how our errors effect our business. How it is important to write our emails as if it is a real letter. You could bring it into how you dress when shopping, is your hair done, is your make-up on. The whole nine-yards! Are you clean at your shows, do you wash your hands when cooking, not play with your hair, take off your shoes.

Then, after the meeting, when you are doing one-on-one training on the phone, you could ask her what she thought of that segment of the training. How does she plan on applying what she learned to herself?

Michelle

I would address everyone as well... like Michelle said. It's definitely a credibility issue! It makes her look unprofessional and that she doesn't care enough to check the details. Why would someone want to schedule a show? They might think she could mess that up! It's any easy thing to point out in a group setting and a great reminder for everyone.

wdpmap said:
This is something that could be addressed to the entire cluster, not just to her. You could do a training segment on professionalizm; how our errors effect our business. How it is important to write our emails as if it is a real letter. You could bring it into how you dress when shopping, is your hair done, is your make-up on. The whole nine-yards! Are you clean at your shows, do you wash your hands when cooking, not play with your hair, take off your shoes.

Then, after the meeting, when you are doing one-on-one training on the phone, you could ask her what she thought of that segment of the training. How does she plan on applying what she learned to herself?

Michelle

I agree with Michelle.
I have a couple of gals on my team whose personal hygiene leaves a bit to be desired and I am sure we have all seen the gals at NC with the piercings and funky looks. Well Karin Logston came to our regional meeting this year and did a great talk addressing that stuff. She explained professionalism to everyone and then went into the whole "two earrings, one watch, no face piercings, no more than one ring per hand, one bracelet, shit buttoned to hide cleavage, hair tied back etc" and she explained that too much "bling" distracts people and during your demo u want them focused on yo u& the food, NOT on "how many earrings is that girl wearing???" You can address it to your cluster in a similar fashion - - you want people to focus on what you are trying to convey to them, not on your grammar and misspellings. And work it onto a whole talk on professionalism in general from hygiene & dress to professional paperwork...

HIJACK!!!! why, Carolyn, are you posting things are 2:23 pm when you are supposed to be at the doctor????????????

chefmeg said:
HIJACK!!!! why, Carolyn, are you posting things are 2:23 pm when you are supposed to be at the doctor????????????

Answer us that missy!!:grumpy:

Okay... how do you address this?I have a consultant who chews gum during her demo. It's disgusting. She says she HAS TO because if she doesn't, her mouth gets dry.Any suggestions? I've tried the "it doesn't look professional approach." She doesn't care.

Colleen, do her guests care? I guess if it affects her sales and recruting then it would affect her paycheck and that may be the only way for her to see how ickky it is! My mouth gets really dry during shows, too, but I just keep a glass of water handy and sip it at intervals!

Hey Carolyn, I never thought to tell my team to button thier "shit"

Sorry, made me laught!

I wish some people would button their "sh**"!!!!In answer to your question Margaret, I guess her guests don't care. It just really freaked me out when I saw her at a show do that. It almost came out of her mouth on several occasions! I guess, though, since we've already talked about it, if her guests did care, she wouldn't tell me.

ShanaSmith said:
Hey Carolyn, I never thought to tell my team to button thier "shit"

Sorry, made me laught!

I laught too!! :D:p

chefmeg said:

LOLOL - just came over and found this post this morning...LOL
My appt was 2:45 - the doc is only 15 minutes away :)
Now go button your shit! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL:p

I also think doing a training on it at a cluster meeting is the way to go. We talked about this at a Director's meeting with my NED and she suggested doing a group training on hygiene and the like with your whole cluster so no one is singled out.

Thanks for all your thoughts! I've been sick and then out of town so just got to read them all! I will be in contact with my entire team this week via phone and then a cluster meeting next week so I have lots of opportunities to work this subject in.

I'm feeling fat today!
Probably has nothing to do with the cake for breakfast.
Chicken sandwich and fries for lunch.
Cheesecake poppers for snack.
Meatball sub for lunch.

BigSisGretchen said:
I'm feeling fat today!
Probably has nothing to do with the cake for breakfast.
Chicken sandwich and fries for lunch.
Cheesecake poppers for snack.
Meatball sub for lunch.

ohhh cheesecake poppers sound yummy....maybe i need to go for a ride to arby's...lol

now i got the battle of eating the poppers and watching my weightloss ticker go backwards or tough it out and get it out of my mind

Nikkijo said:
ohhh cheesecake poppers sound yummy....maybe i need to go for a ride to arby's...lol

now i got the battle of eating the poppers and watching my weightloss ticker go backwards or tough it out and get it out of my mind

You have come so far already Nikki! Don't let it go backward! On the otherhand, you don't want to deprive yourself either. If you have to have the poppers, have someone near you that you can share them with.

Christ Follower said:
You have come so far already Nikki! Don't let it go backward! On the otherhand, you don't want to deprive yourself either. If you have to have the poppers, have someone near you that you can share them with.

Thank you for the encourgment Ellen! I do not NEED the poppers...they just sound yummy. I think I will end up not getting them today.

Nikkijo said:
Thank you for the encourgment Ellen! I do not NEED the poppers...they just sound yummy. I think I will end up not getting them today.

Good for you! You have made a good choice.

Soda is my biggest weakness and I have only had a couple but they were diet ... I am really proud of myself... I have almost completely given up soda all together..... or at least reg soda...

mommyhugz1978 said:
Soda is my biggest weakness and I have only had a couple but they were diet ... I am really proud of myself... I have almost completely given up soda all together..... or at least reg soda...

Good Job! This has to be hard. I don't drink too much soda, I don't even buy it unless it is for something special. Keep up the good work and your positive attitude and you will meet your goal!

Related to I'm Sorry You Went Thru That. and I Thought My Friend Being a Host and

1. How can hosting a Pampered Chef party help my friend who is going through a tough time?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party is a great way to show your friend some love and support during a difficult time. Not only will it give them something fun and positive to focus on, but they will also have the opportunity to earn free products and rewards for being a host. Plus, hosting a party can help them connect with friends and family who can provide additional support and encouragement.

2. Can I still host a party if I am not very familiar with Pampered Chef products?

Absolutely! Our consultants are trained to provide all the information and support you need to have a successful party. They will guide you through the process and help you choose the right products for your needs. Plus, your consultant can also help you come up with creative ideas for incorporating Pampered Chef products into your daily routine.

3. How can Pampered Chef products help with motivation to work out?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of kitchen tools and gadgets that can make meal prep and cooking easier and more efficient. This means you'll spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing the things you love, like working out. Plus, our products can help you make healthier meals at home, which can ultimately contribute to your overall fitness goals.

4. Are there any healthy snack options available through Pampered Chef?

Yes! Pampered Chef offers a variety of healthy and delicious snack options, including our popular line of snacks and seasonings. These products are made with all-natural ingredients and are free of artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives. They are a great way to satisfy cravings without compromising on health.

5. How can I resist the temptation of unhealthy snacks, like a bag of chips?

One strategy for avoiding unhealthy snacks is to have healthier options readily available. Pampered Chef offers a variety of products, such as our Crinkle Cutter and Quick Slice, that make it easy to cut up fruits and vegetables for snacking. You can also try incorporating healthier versions of your favorite snacks, like baked sweet potato chips or homemade granola bars, into your routine. And remember, it's okay to indulge in moderation – just make sure to balance it out with regular exercise and a healthy diet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyRedHead
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedchefqueen
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies