• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bride Is Hosting Her Own Bridal Shower

In summary, the bride is hosting her own bridal shower. She is inviting her friends and family. She is in her forties and does not have a big wedding planned.
Malinda Klein
Gold Member
I'm filling out the bridal shower invitations, entitled Wedding shower. This is my first one, so forgive my ignorance, but how do i fill in the following:

For: do i put the bride AND grooms name or just the bride (the groom won't be there, he's working)

Hosted by: do I put the bride in the hosted space, since the bride is hosting it. Her friend she booked off did offer to buy the groceries for the bridal shower. I thought maybe I should put her. Would it look odd to put the bride's name there?

I need to get the invitations out tomorrow, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Yes, it would look odd to put the Bride's name in the host field, but it's completely odd for her to be hosting her own shower too, so you might as well go ahead & do it. I hate to say it, but if she doesn't have any friends willing to throw her a shower, she's probably not going to have many buy her gifts either. :(

Yep, that's what I'd do.

Is she hosting in the PC sense, or in the actual "I'm throwing myself a party" sense? There's a difference between us considering her a host on the paperwork (to get the FPV etc) and her actually doing all the work to put the party together.

It is an etiquette faux pas to host any kind of party for yourself that comes with the expectation of gifts, and many people will not look kindly on something like that. If the bride is only the host for the purpose of the paperwork to PC, the guests don't need to know that. I'd want to know a bit more about who is doing the organizing of the party to determine if that person should be billed as the host on the invitations.

ok, i decided to only put her name on it and not her fiance (it is a bridal shower). And i'm going to put "friends and family" in for the host. She's in her forty's and not having a big wedding. She is really nice and when i was at the party (where she booked) and mentioned the bridal shower, everyone thought it would be great for her to have one and talked her into it. I don't like having it hosted by here on the invites, and like NooraK said, i don't want people NOT looking kindly on it.

1. Can the bride host her own bridal shower?

Yes, it is becoming increasingly common for brides to host their own bridal shower. It allows them to have more control over the planning and ensure that it reflects their personal style and preferences.

2. Who pays for the bridal shower when the bride is hosting?

Traditionally, the maid of honor and bridesmaids would cover the costs of the bridal shower. However, if the bride is hosting her own shower, she may choose to cover the expenses herself or ask for contributions from close family and friends.

3. Is it appropriate for the bride to receive gifts at her own bridal shower?

Yes, it is perfectly acceptable for the bride to receive gifts at her own bridal shower. However, it is important for her to communicate this to her guests and make it clear that their presence is the most important gift.

4. What types of activities can the bride include in her own bridal shower?

The activities at a bridal shower can vary depending on the bride's preferences, but some popular options include games, DIY projects, and cooking or baking demonstrations. The bride can also choose to have a theme for her shower, such as a spa day or a wine tasting.

5. Should the bride send out invitations for her own bridal shower?

Yes, the bride should send out invitations for her own bridal shower. This will ensure that all of her guests receive the necessary information and can RSVP in a timely manner. It also adds a personal touch to the event and makes it clear that the bride is the host.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • chefangie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • wadesgirl