• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm so Mad I'm About to Explode!!!

In summary, the gas company showed up without warning and took Weed Eater to all of Rae and Gillian's plants. They would like to know what they could do to make amends.
jenniferlynne
I had some strawberry plants growing under our gas tank. I was waiting until it go a little cooler outside to dig them up and move them so they didn't go into shock. Well the gas company just showed up (without telling us they were coming) to paint the tank. Without asking, they took a weed eater and wacked them all down!!!!!:mad: It's taking everything I've got not to go out there and yell at them.

Goodness! I'd definitely call the gas company and tell them that you don't appreciate them coming without notice. And ask them to replace the plants, or at least pay you what it would cost to replace them.

Coming with no notice is unacceptable. What if you had an animal in the yard, or plans, etc.? If I looked out a window and saw unexpected people working in my yard, I'd call the police!

I don't even know what to say about the cost of replacing them. They were given to us by my husbands uncle who passed away a couple of years ago. I had already moved most of them from around the tank but there were a few left. They were spreading so fast I had decided to move them before something like this happened.

And yes, we usually do have a dog (that snaps at people) out in the yard. I just happened to put him in the basement this morning since it is going to be hot today.

I would call too! That is not right! What if it had been a sentimental plant or something! If anything they might spare someone else's plants in the future...

We postd at the same time Jennifer- I would definetly let them know what they meant to you! That is so rude I could spit!!

And Gillian - I was just getting ready to post that I would be so angry, I'd be spittin' nails and shootin' fire! I'm so sorry Jennifer! Even if they make amends (which I doubt!) it wouldn't be the same sentimentally for you!

Ooh, that definitely warrants a phone call.

Absolutely call!!!! If anything, it will save someone else from going through the same thing. The nerve!!!!!!! Sometimes men are so clueless...I don't think a woman would have done that! Sorry, men!

jenniferlynne said:
I had some strawberry plants growing under our gas tank. I was waiting until it go a little cooler outside to dig them up and move them so they didn't go into shock. Well the gas company just showed up (without telling us they were coming) to paint the tank. Without asking, they took a weed eater and wacked them all down!!!!!:mad: It's taking everything I've got not to go out there and yell at them.

I too would be upset!! But here and I don't know if it's the same were you are we are not to have anything in front of our gas meters/tanks. So that might be their excuse if you call them. I would still call and rant to them though!

Rae was offering to injury a non-host for someone else, maybe she would be willing to come "help" deal with your inconsiderate gas people.

Even taking the plants out of the equation, it is unacceptable that they showed up to do work in your yard unannounced. Argh!! I'd be spitting, too.

I would call too but I doubt they do a thing. I feel like they will say that you should not have had anything near the tank in case they ever did have to work on it or anything. In my aree they do not call to tell you they are coming, they just show up and do the work.

I would call to let them know my thoughts though! Let us know what they say! Good luck! If nothing esle, maybe it will make them think before they mow something down the next time that is not a weed.

katie0128 said:
Rae was offering to injury a non-host for someone else, maybe she would be willing to come "help" deal with your inconsiderate gas people.

That's right. My kicking foot is available to take care of that mean old gas man. Just point me in the direction of his ankles.

I would seriously have to get into some serious prayer had that happened to me! I am such a HOT-HEAD! I am working on that with the Lord's help!
But I know that I would report it! I am proud of your ability to get on here and vent and not be in the gas people's face! Because that is what I mean by a hot head! I have to be very careful, because I have a little girl that is always watching! My son too, but he models his father more than me, but I still need to be a good example for him too!
Once my son told when he got in the van after school that his stomach hurt and the more I "investigated" as to why, he told me that it hurt because the guy that watches them at recess (recess monitor) made his whole class run laps right after they got done with lunch, (the class had to run because some were not quieting down like he told them!) he had warned the kids the day before but Ryan (my son) went home early the day before (got hit hard in the head with a soccer ball and his ear was ringing, he's okay!) I got upset because my son eats his lunch, all of it and he's a big boy, not chubby, just big!! ~ so he eats a bigger lunch then some of his smaller friends! So, I asked my son if he was one of the one's being bad, and he said no. The only reason I believe him is that he's a great kid, gets great grades and is adored by all his teachers! Now had it been my daughter............ I would have asked a bit more questions! LOL! (she's got a bit more attitude then her brother!) But I pulled down the street as I was asking him all this and just turned right around and went in a circle right back to the school and kept my cool but still was right there letting him know that it was not cool to make them run like that after lunch and that his discipline, which he does have the right to do, needs to be in their best interest and safe at the same time. I told him that I realized that he was trying to get the respect he deserves but that this wasn't the way if the kids were getting sick!
He told me that Ryan wasn't his problem and that he was sorry and would handle it differently next time. Luckily I said a small prayer for the right words and wisdom right before I got out of the van!
What I'm saying here is that sometimes if you approach people they will see what they did wrong and try to remedy the problem! And a prayer sure makes any situation better!
Good luck!

Last edited:
Is there another gas provider in the area? I call them and ask about service availability, then call the present provider and raise the roof - keeping the other provider in mind - so you can threaten to dump them and mean it.

1. Why do I feel so angry and like I'm about to explode?

Feeling angry and like you're about to explode can be a result of various factors such as stress, pent-up emotions, unmet expectations, or a triggering event. It is a normal human emotion and can be managed with proper coping strategies.

2. How can I prevent myself from exploding in anger?

One way to prevent yourself from exploding in anger is to practice deep breathing and relaxation techniques. It is also helpful to identify and address the root cause of your anger. Communication and expressing your feelings in a calm manner can also help prevent explosive anger.

3. Is it healthy to suppress my anger instead of expressing it?

Suppressing anger can have negative effects on your mental and physical health. It can lead to increased stress, anxiety, and even physical symptoms like headaches or high blood pressure. It is important to find healthy ways to express and manage your anger.

4. How can I communicate my anger effectively without hurting others?

To communicate anger effectively without hurting others, it is important to use "I" statements and avoid blaming or attacking the other person. It is also helpful to take a break and calm down before addressing the situation. Listening and understanding the other person's perspective can also aid in effective communication.

5. Are there any long-term solutions for managing explosive anger?

Yes, there are various long-term solutions for managing explosive anger. These include therapy, anger management courses, and developing healthy coping mechanisms. It is also important to identify triggers and work on addressing underlying issues that may contribute to explosive anger.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • esavvymom