• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Have Decided......i'm Just Going to Be Happy....

In summary, Diane is unhappy with her life and feels that it is mostly her fault. She is grateful for her son, her boyfriend, and her mom, but is disappointed in herself. She is also grateful for her friends and her job, but wishes that she had more peace. She plans to start a new night time routine with her son to help her remember to be thankful.
hoosierchef
Or at least try. I know for some of you who have dealt with me...may find it as a shock that I'm not a happy-go-lucky type of person. I try to keep positive, but the older I get the more it seems I just keep getting more and more depressed or down on myself. It doesn't help that I have a stressful job outside of my home.....but that's a whole other issue and adds to alot of my overall unhappiness in my life.

I really want to MAKE my business work and am a horrible procrastinator! It doesn't help that my house is a disorganized mess. I started working on it last night and it felt good to make a little progress. I've started with my dining room/office so hopefully I can get my business more organized too.

I know I need to keep positive, so here are the things I'm most thankful for in my life:

My Son. (Whom often I want to strangle, but I know is a gift from god.)
My wonderful Boyfriend. (The first man in my life I've ever actually wanted to settle down with. Now if I could just get him to hurry up! :p)
My Mom. (Who raised me alone when my father died at the age of 26. I was only 3. She is a piliar of strength and though she doesn't realize it, my best-friend.)
My Step-Father. (The most loving, generous, kind man I proudly call Dad. He took me in along with my mom and I have never been treated as a second child to his own.)

I am also thankful for all my friends here who enlighten me every time I log on and give me wonderful advice whether they realize it or not. For my job, because I realize that I am lucky just to have a job....when so many others out there who are losing theirs.

Most of all, I'm thankful for the Lord, because without him, I know I would have nothing. While I don't attend services reguarly.....he is still my one and only savior.

I am tired of being unhappy. I truly believe most of it comes from being disappointed in myself. Starting today, I'm going to try my best to be a positive person for myself and EVERYONE around me.

No need to respond or comment. Thanks for just letting me get this out of my mind and onto "paper" so to speak.

Praying for you...

you have touched me. Sometimes that 's how I feel. I am so blessed, yet I still feel unhappy with myself. I could go on, but just wanted to let you know that you aren't the only one. I really wish God would show me what the problem is so I could allow him to fix it!

I must comment... :) THANK YOU ... for your honesty, your encouragement to see the great blessings in life and your goals to move forward! I'm gonna go clean up a pile off my table right now... Your sharing has motivated me... you are a blessing and don't even realize it! Thanks so much! I pray that you will feel the love of Jesus as He is wrapping His arms around you with His love and comfort and that He lifts your heart! Thanks again!
Diane VS

I was going to just share these with Tammi, but looks like we can all use them (self included!)

Psalm 51:11-12
Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

Jeremiah 31:25-26
I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint. At this I awoke and looked around. My sleep had been pleasant to me.

You are brave for sharing and being vulnerable - praying that God will bless you and bring you peace.

I have started a new night time routine w/ my DS (he's almost 3) before we pray, we list all the things we are thankful for from the day....it's teaching him to be thankful, but it's also become a great reminder for me of all that God has given me.....it's easy to forget.

That was very inspiring .... the one thing that comes to mind when Ithink about my trials etc... is I often turn to the Poem Footprints... it brings a sense of peace to my heart and realizing that the lord is always their even when I dont' think he is.

Ok you guys....stop.....You're making me cry and I'm at work. :p

Thank you all for your word of encouragement and prayers. I feel guilty knowing there are others out there much worse off than Me.

We're all just where we are.... under the protecting wings of Jesus... and we all love you! HE meets each of us where we are and HE fills every need... whether we feel we are better or worse off than another... we hurt and feel joy where we are ... so put away the guilt... and bask in His love and know ours is with you as well! And stop crying before you get in trouble!!!!! :)

When you think your alone you really are not... I have my fair share of up's and downs... more downs than I care to admit... but would be have a mortal life if we did not have these challenges? Sometimes we think we can't handle things but something that I remeber my mom saying is the lord never hands us anymore than we can handle. And besides you always have us to lean on when you dont' think you can lean on anyone else.

hoosierchef said:
Ok you guys....stop.....You're making me cry and I'm at work. :p

Thank you all for your word of encouragement and prayers. I feel guilty knowing there are others out there much worse off than Me.

God brings us all our own trials and blessings at different times...I hate to think there are worse out there and that I'm being "self-centered"...but God is touching your heart for a reason...may you find that!

Have an AWESOME afternoon and rejoice that others are praying for you...I hope it gives you a big boost/high for the day!

Well said Janet!!!! Its really wonderful to have the blessing and of the holy spirit touching you through out the day!!

I suffer from chronic disorganization with bouts of procrastication also. It can be very frustrating. Try to make a small list of little projects to do. Finish the list then make a new one. This will make your feel good about your accomplishments. DO NOT MAKE A LARGE LIST - It will get overwhelming and you never feel like you are getting anywhere.
What is the highest priority things you need to do today

I have spent the last two days straightening things up but there is much work to do

(((HUGS)))

The subconscious does not understand a negative. Don't say, "I'm tired of being unhappy" because your subconscious hears, "I'm tired - I'm unhappy" and it responds by making you tired and making you unhappy.Instead, say, "I'm happy and positive" and repeat that. Your subconscious will respond by making you happy and positive.You don't agree with me? You don't think it's true that your subconscious doesn't comprehend a negative?Okay, for the next 15 minutes, make sure you DO NOT think about a pink elephant.(What was the first image that popped into your mind, hmmmmm?)

Thanks KG.....Now all I WILL Be thinking about are Pink Elephants.....Hugging me! :p

I understand the power of positive thinking......I'm trying really hard. I really think it's God trying to kick me in the butt and telling me to get my act together!

Thanks again for all your well wishes!

Last edited:
Well God is just kicking you in the butt in Love!!! Man - Now I am going to be thinking of pink elephants hugging you and God kicking you in the butt - What a scene that would be

Kathytnt said:
Well God is just kicking you in the butt in Love!!! Man - Now I am going to be thinking of pink elephants hugging you and God kicking you in the butt - What a scene that would be

ROFLOL! Oh my, what a sight! At least this turned into a good laugh! :D

Yes it has, and it has made my day much better! Thank you all! Big Pink Elephant Hugs to you ALL!!!!!!

Honestly, your monkey alone in your avatar makes me laugh! :) Have a great evening - I'll be off selling PC! :)

I agree I like your monkey avatar... it's cute.... makes me laugh!!! Keep your chin up it will only get better!! :)

Tammi, human beings tend to focus on the 10% in our lives that isn't going right instead of the 90% that's going well. KG's right*. It's amazing what a big difference it makes when we just change the semantics we use within our own minds.*I know. He's gonna get all ego-enhanced now. There'll be no . . . um . . . posting with him. At least none of us has to live with him. Ha! Love ya, KG

1. What is "I Have Decided...I'm Just Going to Be Happy"?

"I Have Decided...I'm Just Going to Be Happy" is a popular cookbook written by Pampered Chef consultant, Sarah Johnson. It features delicious and easy-to-make recipes that are perfect for busy individuals who want to incorporate more happiness into their daily lives.

2. Are the recipes in this cookbook healthy?

Yes, the recipes in "I Have Decided...I'm Just Going to Be Happy" are designed to be both tasty and nutritious. They use fresh, whole ingredients and are balanced in terms of macronutrients. Plus, there are options for dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan.

3. Can I buy this cookbook in a physical format?

Yes, "I Have Decided...I'm Just Going to Be Happy" is available for purchase in a physical spiral-bound format. You can order it through your Pampered Chef consultant or on the Pampered Chef website.

4. Are there any tips for meal planning and prep included in this cookbook?

Yes, "I Have Decided...I'm Just Going to Be Happy" includes tips for meal planning and prep to help make cooking and eating healthy meals easier and more efficient. These tips can save you time and stress in the kitchen.

5. Can I customize the recipes in this cookbook to fit my personal preferences?

Absolutely! The recipes in "I Have Decided...I'm Just Going to Be Happy" are easily customizable. You can swap out ingredients, adjust seasonings, and make other tweaks to suit your personal taste and dietary needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Poll
  • AJPratt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefa
  • pcsharon1
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates