• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sorry- I'm Taking More Than I'm Giving These Days :(

In summary, Kacey's family is going through a very difficult situation. Her little sister found out her husband had been molesting their 3.5 year old daughter, and Kacey and her niece are now living with her and her husband. Her main boss got fired while she was on leave, and the new person that took over her position decided that she was not needed. She was willing to quit because she wasn't sure how much time this crisis would take and she didn't want to take the time off, but her other boss assured her that she loved her and the agents loved her. However, she was told last week that she had to speak to her new boss about hours, and what positions were available if any
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Hi everyone- I wrote earlier last week that my family was going through a very difficult crisis- My little sister found out her husband had been molesting their 3.5 year old daughter, and my sister and niece are now living with DH and me.

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse- I just lost my job. They told me to take a leave of absence (sp?) for 2 weeks to try and get as much accomplished as I could with my sister and this situation, and then come back...I'm going to make this story really short since it's very long. I got an email yesterday saying that they don't have any hours for me. My main boss got fired while I was on leave, and the new person that took over her position (who hasn't even met me by the way) decided that I was not needed.

I was willing to quit because I wasn't sure how much time this crisis would take and just how much my sister and niece would need me, but I was assured by my other boss that she LOVED me, the Agents LOVED me, and take two weeks off, more if I need it, and come back ready to go. Well I told them last week I was ready to come back, and my other boss said that I had to speak to my new boss about hours, and what positions were available if any. I kindly said I don't need any more drama in my life, do I have a job or don't I and a week later I found out I don't have a job.

If I had been there for a year I would sue them, as this falls under the FMLA of 1995, but I haven't. I'm just hurt- really hurt. I have almost 2 decades of managment experience so I am not disillusioned into thinking that "How dare they", but they wouldn't accept my resignation, tod me to take the time off, I did, and now no job! Right now DH and I are supporting my sister and niece because my sister's husband isn't putting money into their checking account so Susie can pay bills, etc. (Susie (DS) is a SAHM) and so they are living off of us. My folks have pitched in a little for groceries, but my sister eats more than my DH and I put together so things are a little tight.

On a brighter note I do have a job interview tomorrow. It isn't a job that I would normally apply for, but the person interviewing me is a former business partner when I used to do mortgages, and he's willing to let me work from home, and it's under 20 hours a week, so we'll see. It's mostly phone work, which I don't like- but it's a job.

I'm just feeling deflated today. I feel like a loser, I'm so bummed about how I was treated by my new boss, and just thrown out with the trash...what's funny is one of the people in my office told me that the agents have been asking about me and want to know when I'm coming back because they love me, and I was the best front desk person they have had in a while...won't they be surprised to find out I'm not coming back- and it wasn't my decision.

So...I feel crap basically, and I'm sorry to dump on all of you for the second time in a row, but I could use some pick-me-ups and some prayers.

Normally if a job doesn't want me, with my confidence and skills I just shake it off and move on, but for some reason this one really hurt my feelings.

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest. I appreciate it!:eek:

Oh, Kacey, I'm so sorry. No one deserves this, especially with what you're going through right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope that you're able to make lemonade out of the lemons life has handed you!! (HUGS)!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}
So sorry to hear about this. Sometimes life really does suck! I hope the new job works out for you and I hope and pray that your sister and neice are able to heal and move forward.

Kasey,
I'm sooo sorry to hear about your losing your job! I understand, as my husband lost his job back in January, and for no reason...as I understand it, in the state of Ohio, they don't even have to give you a reason!
He has been given 3 months' severance pay, but ONLY after he agreed to not work for "any competitor" for 6 months! They've been real pains to deal with, to be sure!
Thankfully, I don't have a niece who's been molested, but my beautiful 19 year old niece was recently diagnosed with sarcoma, and it was in her breast. So, though our situations are not exactly the same, I really do understand at least a little bit, how you're feeling these days. It's alot to process, huh?
In times like this, what has been helping me, is to work real hard at maintaining a heart of gratitude. I know that the good Lord won't let us go hungry, and that all our needs will be met. Maybe not all our "wants", but definitely our needs.
I also have my oldest son graduating in June, which means I need to be working very soon now on a party, which will be for 250-300 people.
Sometimes it's all very overwhelming. Don't be afraid to take a few minutes to yourself and just cry for a bit. It really does help to sort of "let it all out" sometimes! And pray!! God really does love us, and He cares. And, He will listen, I promise!!

Hope that helps. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to pm me!

Blessings,
Paula

You are truly being tested...and it sounds like you are keeping your head up. On a practical note, do you have contact info for any of those agents? I'll bet they would be delighted to hire you!

My prayers are with you -

My heart goes out to you and your family, especially your neice. Stories like this touch close to home for me. I'm so glad that you are able to be there for your sister! I hope the best for all of you.

cathyskitchen said:
Oh, Kacey, I'm so sorry. No one deserves this, especially with what you're going through right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope that you're able to make lemonade out of the lemons life has handed you!! (HUGS)!

I'm gonna stick the lemons in my bra and save my husband $4500 and forgo the breast augmentation I've been wanting! :D (that's my attempt to make myself laugh)

you'll look perky and smell great!

susanr613 said:
You are truly being tested...and it sounds like you are keeping your head up. On a practical note, do you have contact info for any of those agents? I'll bet they would be delighted to hire you!

My prayers are with you -

Interestingly enough I brought the roster home one night to do some edits in Excel and I just happen to have all their contact info. I did contact one of the owners of the office where I worked and told her what was going on. She adored me so I know she'll be interested in knowing that I was let go, and she'll tell the other agents, and they won't be happy. I am good at what I do, and they really liked me. But...not enough to keep me I guess.

Some days I'm amazed I'm not a drinker!!!:blushing:

I'm so sorry to hear all of this that is going on w/you Kacey. Hopefully it will lead to better things for you and you will look back on it as a blessing some day.

I hope your niece and sister will be okay after all of this too. They are very lucky to have you.

susanr613 said:
you'll look perky and smell great!

Lemony Fresh Implants! I can see the dollars coming in now! WHoo-hoo!!! I'm rich! :)

Paula R. Lewis said:
Kasey,
I'm sooo sorry to hear about your losing your job! I understand, as my husband lost his job back in January, and for no reason...as I understand it, in the state of Ohio, they don't even have to give you a reason!
He has been given 3 months' severance pay, but ONLY after he agreed to not work for "any competitor" for 6 months! They've been real pains to deal with, to be sure!
Thankfully, I don't have a niece who's been molested, but my beautiful 19 year old niece was recently diagnosed with sarcoma, and it was in her breast. So, though our situations are not exactly the same, I really do understand at least a little bit, how you're feeling these days. It's alot to process, huh?
In times like this, what has been helping me, is to work real hard at maintaining a heart of gratitude. I know that the good Lord won't let us go hungry, and that all our needs will be met. Maybe not all our "wants", but definitely our needs.
I also have my oldest son graduating in June, which means I need to be working very soon now on a party, which will be for 250-300 people.
Sometimes it's all very overwhelming. Don't be afraid to take a few minutes to yourself and just cry for a bit. It really does help to sort of "let it all out" sometimes! And pray!! God really does love us, and He cares. And, He will listen, I promise!!

Hope that helps. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to pm me!

Blessings,
Paula

Thanks again Paula for your encouraging words. My prayers are with you and your family, too! :)

Kacey - sorry to hear of the latest...God has a plan. As my 6 year old says, "Mom, He always answers prayer. Sometimes it is yes, sometimes no, and sometimes wait, but He always answers and He knows best." (She gave me a 15 minute lecture on this one day!!!!

Anyway, she is right. Hard to see when you are in the middle of the toughest situation you have but it will work out. Keep your chin up. ...and remember, don't bash those who got rid of you. Their actions will be VERY apparent to everyone else. Chin up, take it with grace and dignity and show you are the better person.

Good luck on the new job...it is what you have to do to get where you are going!

...and your sister may not be able to contribute much now or do much, but I'm SURE she appreciates all the help/support and can communicate or repay that someday.

Hugs to you and prayers for your family!

janetupnorth said:
Kacey - sorry to hear of the latest...God has a plan. As my 6 year old says, "Mom, He always answers prayer. Sometimes it is yes, sometimes no, and sometimes wait, but He always answers and He knows best." (She gave me a 15 minute lecture on this one day!!!!

Anyway, she is right. Hard to see when you are in the middle of the toughest situation you have but it will work out. Keep your chin up. ...and remember, don't bash those who got rid of you. Their actions will be VERY apparent to everyone else. Chin up, take it with grace and dignity and show you are the better person.

Good luck on the new job...it is what you have to do to get where you are going!

...and your sister may not be able to contribute much now or do much, but I'm SURE she appreciates all the help/support and can communicate or repay that someday.

Hugs to you and prayers for your family!

Thanks, Janet! :) It's just a job interview- I haven't accepted anything yet. We are meeting tomorrow to talk about what he wants, what I would like and how to make it work. I'll keep you posted.
I didn't bad mouth anyone in the email I sent to that one owner/agent. I am not a spiteful or petty person- their actions will be revealed very soon, and I believe that a few agents will leave over my being "fired" because of other things that have happened in the past, and my being "fired" will just be the cherry on the sundae as far as they are concerned, and they'll be off to another broker.

I am sad and feeling down- I have so many books on love, and other topics, but nothing on being down, or feeling deflated or rejected...

My sister is very gracious for what we are doing- however it is still stressful. DH lost his job last month and although he started a new one yesterday, they only get paid twice a month and he started in the middle of a pay period so with my being "fired" and then having two extra mouths to feed things are really tight, and I'm actually a little concerned.

I think I'm going to run off to bed and go read my bible. I'm sure something will pop out at me that will be just what I needed to hear to get me through another day.

Talk to you again soon! :)

Kacey - nothing profound coming to mind, but start at Psalm 36.

...and not saying you bad-mouthed or your sister is ungrateful...I know you probably got it as intended, just reinforcing... :) It is just a reminder of do right, and you will be blessed in the end. ...and a reminder that your family probably loves the care you give even when they can't express it!

Add to that I Peter 1...

Sorry~I'm taking more than I'm giving these daysKacey,
Try to keep a positive outlook, not much positive about molesting a young child, but at least they found out now instead of years down the road. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. God Bless you.

Kacey,
Just remember, family comes first. You can't choose your family. God knows how hard you are being tested and does have a plan for you. I also wanted to say what a great husband! I know from experience how hard it is to remember that he is dealing with all of this along with you. It may be your family but that doesn't make it easier on him. Definetly don't forget to give him a hug at the end of a trying day. It takes a great man to stand by his wife and her family through trying time such as these!
Good Luck, stay strong!

Kacey,
I'm so sorry to hear about all that you're going through. My heart goes out to you and your sister and neice. This is all just terrible.:( ((((hugs))))

Hang in there Kacey. You are saving your niece's future. I hope your sister has the strength to see her husband action's accounted for in the courts....cause you can bet he'll try to find another little girl otherwise. (A family member made a similar discovery regarding her husband and their daughters, but with a very sad ending.)

As for helping you out, do you think any of the agents would be willing to host shows to help you thru this interim period? Is there one you are closer to that could take up the cause?

leggy

Last edited:
Kacey, I am so sorry all of this is happening. I agree family does come first, and you are doing the right thing.

Is there any way you could step up your PC business? This may be a good opportunity to do so. I know it is easier said then done, but it CAN be done! I would agree, I like the steady paycheck rolling in...but if you only have PC you should make the most of it!

Good luck and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

{{hugs}}

Kacey - my heart & prayers go out to you.

I'm so sad to hear about your neice. As a small child (before I was 3 even), I was molested by my bio dad & uncle. I don't recall any of it, but I do have some reservations in my life because of it. Make sure to get help for her & show her lots of love (even from your dh). Show her that not every man is a bad one. Hugs to her!

On another note, have your sister go to the local WIC office. Since her dd is under 5, they may qualify, esp. since she was a SAHM with no income. It won't be a lot of groceries, but it would definitely help. Eggs, milk, cheese, juice, peanut butter, beans & cereal.

Kacey, deep breath! there, now that that is done/ keep pluggin' away at PC and see if this is the right time to make that leap into having a bigger business. You could "hire" your sister to help with things like catalog stamping, packet making...

Only God knows why these things happen, and it is not ours to question. My best friend is forever telling me "whose in charge???" Not me!

Keep your chin up by knowing that you are doing the right thing for your sister and her daughter and that your former employer will have some very hard questions to answer when she gets to the pearly gates as will that lousy husband and father.......

many hugs and prayers comin' your way, girl!

Kasey,
Psalms 91 comes to mind too! Read it! :angel:
I just want to tell you that I will be praying for you and my heart ached for you while reading this! I do understand how you feel as far as the job goes.
When I was pregnant with my daughter, I had Placentia Previa, and had to go on complete bed rest at the end of February and didn't have my daughter until June. I co-owned in a company, and thought I was good. I didn't ask for any money while I was gone, I just wanted my medical insurance. Anyway, the girl that I thought was my friend and who I was the closest too, who handled the accounting, started thinking that I was going to want profits from that year, and started her own crusade to get rid of me!!
I started catching on that some things were going on when I recieved a demand letter to return to work, before I was even released from my doctor (I had a c-section) they were trying to make me come back at 5weeks and my doc said no less than 6 weeks. The letter was delivered by UPS and it was too official, for this company anyway! We were a small company of 9 of us and it was just not their normal way, I had worked there for 4 years and as I said I was a co-owner, we were employee owned, we had bought out our old boss. Also the letter said if I didn't return now, they would take it as my resignation. I knew something was up so I went into work one night to clean out my desk and get my pics of my son and just clear my stuff out, in case things were about to get ugly and there on the receptionist/secretary desk, (my) desk, was a document and it was the minutes to their board meeting.... which again, they broke the law, because I was never notified and I was the secretary for the board of members too! On that document they basically wrote out their entire case against them! Telling how they would offer me one thing, and if I didn't accept, they would offer, something else and if I didn't take...etc... and then if I didn't accept any of their offers then the board would meet on terminatation of Cathy! I remember bawling my eyes out reading it and I took the copy and went to the lawyers the next day, where he said "with this document, you have your entire law suit, written up by them." He practically jumped on my case! I ended up winning a nice settlement for pregnancy discrimination and other things because of my partnership with the company.... It was a very hard time in my life, but it forced me to work my PC business and I was able to stay home with my kids but it took awhile for the pain to leave and I daily gave it to God!

I wish you had been there longer so that you could do more, but one thing I do know is that I will pray for you to release your bitterness and pain from their betrayal! And I will pray for your entire family!:angel:
Good luck, let us know how it turns out!;)

Last edited:
Kasey~

I am saddened to hear about your neice, and now your job loss. (on top of your DH and job stresses.) God DOES have a plan for you...never doubt that. You and your DH are angels looking over your DS and your neice. He will bless you and your family because you are both taking care of them! I pray that your neice is able to get the help that she needs (both now and in the future as she deals with the remnents of this situation) and that your sister would be strengthened to fight him so that he PAYS for what he has done, and so that he is able to get help so this doesn't happen to anyone else around him.

I pray that God would give you wisdom in finding a job or stepping up your PC business...that he gives provision financially...that he gives you a sense of peace underneath the turmoil....and that you and your family are drawn closer together and closer to God through this.

Lots of {{{{HUGS}}}} to all of you!
I hope you got a full night's rest last night...

crystalscookingnow said:
Kacey - my heart & prayers go out to you.

I'm so sad to hear about your neice. As a small child (before I was 3 even), I was molested by my bio dad & uncle. I don't recall any of it, but I do have some reservations in my life because of it. Make sure to get help for her & show her lots of love (even from your dh). Show her that not every man is a bad one. Hugs to her!

On another note, have your sister go to the local WIC office. Since her dd is under 5, they may qualify, esp. since she was a SAHM with no income. It won't be a lot of groceries, but it would definitely help. Eggs, milk, cheese, juice, peanut butter, beans & cereal.

Thanks for that advice crystal- I'm sure my sister will have to check into WIC- my hubby and I make great money- but we also have a great amount of bills! :) Thanks also for the insight from your experience. My sister is not willing at this point to have her daughter go to counseling, but I feel she should...I'm hoping in a little while she'll understand that it might be good for my niece- it might help her rebuild some trust. My niece has some trust issues and it makes my sister feel inadequate, and my niece senses that, so she appears to trust me more than her mommy- or at least is able to sense my confidence and trust in that. It's a long road ahead of us, that is for sure!

Lots of {{{{HUGS}}}} to all of you!
I hope you got a full night's rest last night...

MissChef said:
Kasey,
Psalms 91 comes to mind too! Read it! :angel:
I just want to tell you that I will be praying for you and my heart ached for you while reading this! I do understand how you feel as far as the job goes.
When I was pregnant with my daughter, I had Placentia Previa, and had to go on complete bed rest at the end of February and didn't have my daughter until June. I co-owned in a company, and thought I was good. I didn't ask for any money while I was gone, I just wanted my medical insurance. Anyway, the girl that I thought was my friend and who I was the closest too, who handled the accounting, started thinking that I was going to want profits from that year, and started her own crusade to get rid of me!!
I started catching on that some things were going on when I recieved a demand letter to return to work, before I was even released from my doctor (I had a c-section) they were trying to make me come back at 5weeks and my doc said no less than 6 weeks. The letter was delivered by UPS and it was too official, for this company anyway! We were a small company of 9 of us and it was just not their normal way, I had worked there for 4 years and as I said I was a co-owner, we were employee owned, we had bought out our old boss. Also the letter said if I didn't return now, they would take it as my resignation. I knew something was up so I went into work one night to clean out my desk and get my pics of my son and just clear my stuff out, in case things were about to get ugly and there on the receptionist/secretary desk, (my) desk, was a document and it was the minutes to their board meeting.... which again, they broke the law, because I was never notified and I was the secretary for the board of members too! On that document they basically wrote out their entire case against them! Telling how they would offer me one thing, and if I didn't accept, they would offer, something else and if I didn't take...etc... and then if I didn't accept any of their offers then the board would meet on terminatation of Cathy! I remember bawling my eyes out reading it and I took the copy and went to the lawyers the next day, where he said "with this document, you have your entire law suit, written up by them." He practically jumped on my case! I ended up winning a nice settlement for pregnancy discrimination and other things because of my partnership with the company.... It was a very hard time in my life, but it forced me to work my PC business and I was able to stay home with my kids but it took awhile for the pain to leave and I daily gave it to God!

I wish you had been there longer so that you could do more, but one thing I do know is that I will pray for you to release your bitterness and pain from their betrayal! And I will pray for your entire family!:angel:
Good luck, let us know how it turns out!;)

Wow Cathy, that sounds like it was a really tough thing to go through. Being betrayed like that really hurts. I'm not bitter at my old employer, but I am very hurt- especially since EVERY day they'd come out and give me hugs and tell me how awesome I was, and how much they loved me, and on and on and on and on!!! I have quite a bit of personal things I left there that I brought to enhance how I do my job, and I don't even want to go and get them. I'm too embarrassed by this. I shouldn't be, I did nothing wrong, but it is still embarrassing. Mostly because they know and I know that I was way too over qualified for that job- and to get fired from it is just humiliating!

vwpamperedchef said:
Kacey, I am so sorry all of this is happening. I agree family does come first, and you are doing the right thing.

Is there any way you could step up your PC business? This may be a good opportunity to do so. I know it is easier said then done, but it CAN be done! I would agree, I like the steady paycheck rolling in...but if you only have PC you should make the most of it!

Good luck and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

{{hugs}}

My director is a back stabbing, gossip who offers no help what so ever- and the women in my cluster sans the person I recruited, and one other gal are just as gossipy, petty, mean, worthless, self-centered tartlets that I seriously want nothing to do with them, or PC for a while. They have put such a terrible taste in my mouth that I'm taking a year off, and when the time is right I will start interviewing directors and clusters until I find the right fit. I had the highest show average in my cluster, and highest sales each month and they all hated me for it! I'd leave each monthly cluster meeting with no fewer than 7 ribbons- which just insensed them even more, including my director! She HATED giving out those I BEAT MY DIRECTOR ribbons and would call me a B*tch every time I earned one. The story is long and the number of times that my director has personally done things to hurt or betray me is so high that kicking up my PC biz is not even something I want to do right now. Does that make sense?

The sad thing is that my director was a good friend, and I never knew her true colors until I signed up to be a consultant under her. IT's all very sad. She is losing another consultant for doing the same things to her that she did to me...it's very sad!

That's right I remember your other thread. Well, I firmly believe everything happens for a reason.

I'll be keeping you in my prayers! (((hugs)))

OH KACEY... I am SO sorry! I will continue to lift you up in prayer. GOD just wants your eyes on Him... no book other than the Bible can salve your wounds like HE can and HE desires to. I know it has to burn deeply... HE died to put out the fire of this pain. Please rest in Him. I know you are. How I wish I was close by enough to give you a big ole southern hug!!!!
I pray God has a job that will pay what you need and also respect who you are is waiting and will be revealed very soon. Love and prayers

Kitchen Diva said:
My director is a back stabbing, gossip who offers no help what so ever- and the women in my cluster sans the person I recruited, and one other gal are just as gossipy, petty, mean, worthless, self-centered tartlets that I seriously want nothing to do with them, or PC for a while. They have put such a terrible taste in my mouth that I'm taking a year off, and when the time is right I will start interviewing directors and clusters until I find the right fit. I had the highest show average in my cluster, and highest sales each month and they all hated me for it! I'd leave each monthly cluster meeting with no fewer than 7 ribbons- which just insensed them even more, including my director! She HATED giving out those I BEAT MY DIRECTOR ribbons and would call me a B*tch every time I earned one. The story is long and the number of times that my director has personally done things to hurt or betray me is so high that kicking up my PC biz is not even something I want to do right now. Does that make sense?

The sad thing is that my director was a good friend, and I never knew her true colors until I signed up to be a consultant under her. IT's all very sad. She is losing another consultant for doing the same things to her that she did to me...it's very sad!
If she didn't like giving you that ribbon then she should have quit offering it! I'm so sorry that your cluster is this way, trust me, not all are!

Update 3-29-08Hi everyone!

Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I would post an update to this one... We found out early this week that my sister's husband FAILED his polygraph- so he did in fact sexually abuse their 3 year old daughter.

We will be getting my niece into play therapy this week, for healing and so that they will have evidence for the State to prosecute her father.

Please- keep us in your prayers! But pray with hope and joy and expectantly that good will come of this, and we will be victorious, and that my BIL will find Christ and be saved...

Thanks for all the prayers so far since I've mentioned this little "issue" that our family is going through.

:)

Thanks also for the encouragement as well. It means a lot to me! You have helped make a very sad, crazy, painful time a little easier to bear!

I will continue to pray for you! I'm glad he failed though, so that he can be prosecuted, justice can be done, healing can take place for your neice and sister and he can pay for what he has done and not be able to hurt anyone else!
Thanks for the update! And I will keep you and your family in my prayers!:angel:

Kacey, I know this is one of the few instances when you really hope you're wrong. I'm so sorry. I will continue to keep you and yours in my prayers.

I hope and pray that your sister and niece will be able to move forward and have a happy and healthy life.

Kasey - sorry to hear it is true, but glad they now have evidence of what she was already telling you guys. We'll keep praying for your family!

Wow Kacey, I'm just now getting caught-up with this one. How horrible!

I'm so sorry that your worst fears about BIL are true, but very happy that you have it documented that it is. Hopefully everyone will be able to move forward and begin the healing process. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

As for your director. It makes me mad just to think about this one. I would write-up a detailed documentation and pass it on the HO. THAT is NO WAY for her to act. She will never succeeed if she continues to belittle those whom she is supposed to support. I am appalled at her actions. She should be happy and grateful for you - after all SHE is making good money because of you. You could have helped her to promote, which in turn would also benefit her. If she is so short-sided and selfish that she cannot see it (not to mention that she is violating her director's agreement) then she needs to be reported and reprimanded.

Hugs!

Kacey, sooo sorry to hear about all you are going through. I will add you and your family to our prayer chain at church. Our thoughts are with you :)

Thanks again for all your encouragement and support everyone.
You have all been such a huge blessing to me and I appreciate you guys very much!
I'm off to go and play in the snow with my niece. Yesterday we were playing with sidewalk chalk and drawing pictures in the driveway, and today it's snowing! Gotta love MN!!!

Kacey - I've been thinking about you & everything that's going on in your life. I'm so glad that you've gotten evidence to support what's happened. I can only imagine that it's an awful thing to go through & know & experience, but it will allow you all closure on the situation that will help everyone heal. With my situations (yes, multiple) I didn't have that. No one was ever charged with abusing me. The two people who did this to me have never paid for what happened 25 & 20 years ago. Unfortunately, one of them was my adoptive dad (my brother's dad) that I still have to see on occasion.

So, hugs to you all!

crystalscookingnow said:
Kacey - I've been thinking about you & everything that's going on in your life. I'm so glad that you've gotten evidence to support what's happened. I can only imagine that it's an awful thing to go through & know & experience, but it will allow you all closure on the situation that will help everyone heal. With my situations (yes, multiple) I didn't have that. No one was ever charged with abusing me. The two people who did this to me have never paid for what happened 25 & 20 years ago. Unfortunately, one of them was my adoptive dad (my brother's dad) that I still have to see on occasion.

So, hugs to you all!

Crystal, I'm so very sorry for your pain, and past miseries! You are in my prayers for total and complete healing!

My sister spoke to her husband today, and he still denies everything- makes it hard to not want to believe him...then when the doubts start to creep in, my niece will tell us something new about what Daddy did to her, and it blows away any previous things she's told us. The thing she told us about today almost made me vomit.

My sister goes to the therapist tomorrow- she has to have 3 sessions before my niece can be seen alone, so I'll keep you all posted on that progess.

Thankfully my sister's church has sent her some money, so that will help my sister out...now if someone could send us money :) LOL

I can't wait until I know it is calmed down enough that I can go back to work. Right now with the unknown, and whether or not I'll be needed to watch my niece if my sister has to go back to her home town to clean, pack and sell the house- I'm sort of at the mercy of the situation.

Thanks again for all the prayers, I truly appreciate it! :)

bumping to show the update

1. What happened with your job at Pampered Chef?

Unfortunately, I lost my job at Pampered Chef due to a new boss deciding that I was not needed. I had taken a leave of absence to help my family through a difficult crisis, and upon my return, I was informed that there were no hours available for me. It was a sudden and unexpected loss.

2. Did you consider quitting your job beforehand?

Yes, I had considered quitting because I wasn't sure how much time my family crisis would require and how much I would need to support my sister and niece. However, my other boss assured me that I was valued and to take as much time off as I needed. I was even told to come back ready to go. So, I was surprised and hurt when I found out I didn't have a job upon my return.

3. Are you considering taking legal action against Pampered Chef?

I would have considered taking legal action if I had been with the company for a year, as this situation falls under the FMLA of 1995. However, since I had not been there for a year, I am not able to pursue any legal action.

4. How are you and your family managing financially?

Right now, my husband and I are supporting my sister and her daughter while they live with us. My sister's husband is not contributing to their finances, so they are relying on us for support. My parents have also helped out with groceries, but it has been a tight situation.

5. Do you have any job prospects in the near future?

I have a job interview tomorrow for a position that is not in my usual field, but I am hopeful. It would allow me to work from home and is part-time, which fits well with my current situation. It's not my ideal job, but I am grateful for the opportunity and will see how it goes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefmeg
  • wadesgirl