• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm a Little Confused About Travelling. Do I Have to Take a Cab

In summary, JennieShuttles from the "authorized" hotels to the convention center are free. You can take a shuttle from the airport or share a cab with a fellow cheffer.
Jennie_becca
I'm a little confused about travelling.

Do I have to take a cab from the airport to the Sheraton? I've heard the train system runs everywhere, but does it go out to the airport?

Are the shuttles from the hotels to the convention center free, or do we have to pay for them? Do they run all day long?

This is the first trip to Conference for Schel and I, so any tips you have would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Jennie

Shuttles from the "authorized" hotels to the convention center are free. (If you are staying at an unauthorized hotel, book on over to a hotel where the shuttles are picking up P-chef people).

I don't think you'll find free transportation from the airport to your hotel. . .unless your hotel offers such a service. I think sharing a cab (look for other people with P-chef gear) is your best bet.

From the airport you can take a shuttle (around $20) or share a cab with a fellow cheffer, you are bound to find one at the airport and the shared cab ride will probably be the cheaper option.

Last year our group shared a limo:D It was so fun, and with about 8 people, it was actually the cheapest way to go!
And it does make the price of the hotel worth it when you consider not having to pay extra for cab or something to get to McCormick.

Jennie_becca said:
I'm a little confused about travelling.

Do I have to take a cab from the airport to the Sheraton? I've heard the train system runs everywhere, but does it go out to the airport?

Jennie
Jennie,
At which airport are you arriving? What time?
I'm coming into Midway around 2:00...

arrivinghey Ann,

We are arriving at 7:00am on Thursday. I couldn't stand to be away from my babies for one extra night.

p.s. after you hung up on our three way call, it disconnected the whole call. Luckily since they had my name, I just called back and they finished entering the info.

All is taken care of.

Jennie

I hadn't thought far enough ahead, had I??? The travel lady called me to get your number. I guess you called her before she could call you. Sorry!

Glad it's all fixed!

1. What is the best mode of transportation for travelling?

The best mode of transportation for travelling depends on your destination, budget, and personal preferences. Some popular options include taking a cab, using public transportation, renting a car, or booking a flight.

2. Do I have to take a cab when travelling?

No, you do not have to take a cab when travelling. As mentioned before, there are various transportation options available. You can choose the one that suits your needs and budget the best.

3. How do I know when to take a cab?

You can take a cab when you need a quick and convenient mode of transportation, especially if you are in a rush or have heavy luggage. Cabs are also a good option for travelling to and from the airport.

4. Are cabs expensive for travelling?

The cost of taking a cab for travelling will vary depending on the distance and location. However, compared to other modes of transportation, cabs can be more expensive. It is always a good idea to research and compare prices before deciding on a transportation option.

5. Can I book a cab in advance for travelling?

Yes, you can book a cab in advance for travelling. Many cab companies offer online booking or have a phone number you can call to reserve a cab. This can help save time and ensure you have a ride when you need it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
christinaspc
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Tracie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom