• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Airport to Sheraton Hotel: Cab Fair & Travel Options | O'Hare Guide

In summary, the conversation revolves around transportation options from the airport to the hotels area (specifically the Sheraton) for a business trip. Suggestions include taking a shuttle with other consultants, which costs about $30 round trip, or taking the train for about $2.25. Some individuals have also mentioned taking a cab, which costs around $30 total. There is also the option of taking the airport express bus, which offers a discount through a coupon. Some individuals have had negative experiences with the train and prefer the shuttle or cab. Others are looking for travel buddies to share the ride with. The overall consensus is that it is cheaper to share transportation costs with others.
Melissa78
Gold Member
Anyone have any idea / rough estimate of how much cab fair would run from the airport to the hotels area (Sheraton)? Trying to decide if I go if I want to fly or drive. Ten hours in a car sounds like torture but may be the option depending on other costs. Is O'Hare the most convenient?

Hey! Don't take a cab from the airport you should take a shuttle with other consultants and share the fee. I think it cost about $30 round trip to the hotel. Please someone correct me about the price. You will find other consultants in the airport no problem. When do you arrive??

I'm flying into Midway, and taking the train.

www.transitchicago.com/visitors.aspx

Did it the last time I went to NC, very easy, very cheap.

The Transit website has a link to Google Transit which even tells you what exit to get off at. The link from CC for directions to the hotels says that the fare from Midway should be about $2.25

Last 2 years we were at the Hilton, took a cab from Midway to there, it was about 30.00 total! This year I'm at the Sheraton so I think it will be a little more.

yep, take the train for $2. It's super easy!Midway is the easier airport to fly into.And remember, if you drive, then you have to pay to park everyday. Parking at the Hilton is like $25-30 a DAY.

Also, depending where in PA you are another option for getting there could be the megabus. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than flying and the gas you would use getting there. I'm taking it out of Cleveland Ohio and got my ticket for $16.50 round trip! I saw on another post that the cab from the station where it drops you off to the hotels is about $5.

Hey there. I'm flying into Chicago on the 8th (Wednesday), but not til 11:30 at night... anyone coming in around that time? I just saw on the shuttle coupon that the last shuttle leaves at 11:30, so I'll be missing that..... I don't want to take a cab or the train alone, if I can help it...

Does anyone ever take the airport express bus?
I saw the airport shuttle discount coupon on the pc site.

soccermama said:
Hey there. I'm flying into Chicago on the 8th (Wednesday), but not til 11:30 at night... anyone coming in around that time? I just saw on the shuttle coupon that the last shuttle leaves at 11:30, so I'll be missing that..... I don't want to take a cab or the train alone, if I can help it...

Head to Ground transport. You will find other consultants there. Find someone to buddy up with. Tell them you are together (cheaper) it is about 30$ round trip. You get a recipt or something for the return trip.

L.Paz said:
Does anyone ever take the airport express bus?
I saw the airport shuttle discount coupon on the pc site.

Yes see above. I have done both train and shuttle. I will not do the train again.

Both times I've used the Airport Express Shuttle and it's GREAT! (be sure to print off the coupon from CC) With 3 or more people it's $27 pp round trip (we're going to the Sheraton, anyone arriving at O'Hare about 11am the 8th and want to share (there are 2 of us already).

Just reading the coupon, and there's $4 off that $27 price, making it only $23 pp round trip!

etteluap70PC said:
Head to Ground transport. You will find other consultants there. Find someone to buddy up with. Tell them you are together (cheaper) it is about 30$ round trip. You get a recipt or something for the return trip.

Yes see above. I have done both train and shuttle. I will not do the train again.

The problem is that I will be *missing* the shuttle. The last one leaves at 11:30, and I don't get into the airport until 11:30, so I'm looking for someone that comes in late like that who could share a cab or ride the train with me. Those are going to be my only choices for getting to the hotel, and I'd like to have a buddy to make the trip with.

I've sent an email out to my Director and to my Team Leaders Loop, so hopefully between them, and the CS group, I'll find someone flying in at the same time...

Paulette, why won't you take the train again? With it being so much cheaper, I'm guessing it must have been REALLY bad for you to be so adamant.

Our D has already told us to budget $30-$35 each for the cab rides from and to the airport. I was going to suggest taking the train, instead, but now you have me wondering if it that would be wise.

Sarah- I've talked to people who have had bad experiences on the train, and others who always use it, and won't pay the high cost of shuttles or cabs. It's probably partly your own comfort level, too.

For me, on this trip, I just don't want to be running around downtown Chicago on my own that late at night. I have no idea how the trains are that time of night... I'd probably take a cab by myself before I'd ride the train by myself....

I've taken the train the last 2 years and will try it again this year even though I had a long walk both times. First year I just got lost and walked in circles until I found a utility worker that gave me directions. It was after midnight.
Last year 2 ladies in my cluster wanted to try the train and we got off at the wrong stop and had to walk about 15 blocks. I'm going to do a little better research this time and should end up about 4 blocks from the hotel.

pampchefsarah said:
Paulette, why won't you take the train again? With it being so much cheaper, I'm guessing it must have been REALLY bad for you to be so adamant.

Our D has already told us to budget $30-$35 each for the cab rides from and to the airport. I was going to suggest taking the train, instead, but now you have me wondering if it that would be wise.

It was alot of walking with a Pain in the but suitcase. It was hot, there was construction on the lines (trip was over an hr). Person I was with said they knew where to go but did not. Had to change trains, It was stinky in the station. Had to walk up a ton of stairs.

When you travel you have to weigh the cost with what you are willing to do. I am allready sharing a room with 3 other people to save $. Not my idea of comfort. I love these gals though so no big deal. It is worth it for me to spend 30$ RT for the shuttle to be more comfortable.

I would bet you could find some other PC'ers at the taxi area to share with.

I love taking the train -- easy and cheap! You can always ask someone working there which train to take and where to get off. We've also taken the airport shuttle which is super easy.....Cabs are expensive but get you where you are going.

I've got friends who have taken the train, and seeing them lugging all their luggage down those stairs and then walking a few blocks to the hotel just looks like a PITA! It's worth the $$ to me to not have to deal with that! (After all--this is kind of a vacation for me!)

You can also go to the Transit Authority's website, and there's a link to a directions search in Google that will tell you exactly which stop to get off at, as well as where you have to walk from there.

from: midway airport, chicago, il to: 301 East North Water St. chicago, il - Google Maps

For the Sheraton, it suggests a bus in addition to the subway. May not be very convenient, especially with luggage. For the Hilton, you won't have to switch to a bus:

from: midway airport, chicago, il to: 720 South Michigan Ave. chicago, il - Google Maps

I wonder if you could take the subway to the Hilton and use the PC bus to go to the Shearton...

No shuttle between conference hotels... sorry

straitfan said:
I've got friends who have taken the train, and seeing them lugging all their luggage down those stairs and then walking a few blocks to the hotel just looks like a PITA! It's worth the $$ to me to not have to deal with that! (After all--this is kind of a vacation for me!)

I TOTALLY agree!!! Like everyone else said, its hot, luggage is heavy, don't know where you're going.....Take A Cab!! Also you are walking around Blinking the words "Tourist".

I am thinking on which to take as well since I arrive at 2:15 p.m. on the 8th at O'Hare so I am hoping to see some other pc gals and get cheaper rate on sharing a cab or the shuttle.

1. What are the fees for cab rides to and from the airport?

The fees for cab rides to and from the airport vary depending on the distance of the trip and the specific cab company. However, most cab companies have a flat rate fee for airport trips, which can range from $25-$50.

2. How long does it take to get from the airport to the city using a cab?

The duration of the cab ride from the airport to the city can vary depending on traffic and distance. On average, it takes about 20-30 minutes to get from the airport to the city using a cab.

3. Are there any additional fees for cab rides to the airport during peak hours?

Some cab companies may charge a surcharge for rides during peak hours, which typically include rush hour and late nights. It's best to check with the specific cab company for their policies on peak hour fees.

4. Can I pre-book a cab for my airport pick-up?

Yes, most cab companies allow customers to pre-book a cab for airport pick-up. This can be done through their website or by calling their customer service line. It's always recommended to pre-book a cab to ensure availability and a timely pick-up.

5. Are cabs readily available at the airport or do I need to call for one?

In most cases, cabs are readily available at the airport. There are usually designated taxi stands outside of the airport where you can line up and wait for a cab. However, during busy travel seasons, it's best to pre-book a cab to ensure availability.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
  • chefann
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • pchefkristin
  • General Chat
Replies