• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm a little confused about travelling. Do I have to take a cab

Jennie_becca

Novice Member
Mar 31, 2006
I'm a little confused about travelling.

Do I have to take a cab from the airport to the Sheraton? I've heard the train system runs everywhere, but does it go out to the airport?

Are the shuttles from the hotels to the convention center free, or do we have to pay for them? Do they run all day long?

This is the first trip to Conference for Schel and I, so any tips you have would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Jennie

chefjeanine

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2006
Shuttles from the "authorized" hotels to the convention center are free. (If you are staying at an unauthorized hotel, book on over to a hotel where the shuttles are picking up P-chef people).

I don't think you'll find free transportation from the airport to your hotel. . .unless your hotel offers such a service. I think sharing a cab (look for other people with P-chef gear) is your best bet.

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
From the airport you can take a shuttle (around $20) or share a cab with a fellow cheffer, you are bound to find one at the airport and the shared cab ride will probably be the cheaper option.

lacychef

Legend Member
Feb 15, 2006
Last year our group shared a limo:D It was so fun, and with about 8 people, it was actually the cheapest way to go!
And it does make the price of the hotel worth it when you consider not having to pay extra for cab or something to get to McCormick.

Ann F

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Nov 11, 2004
Jennie_becca said:
I'm a little confused about travelling.

Do I have to take a cab from the airport to the Sheraton? I've heard the train system runs everywhere, but does it go out to the airport?

Jennie
Jennie,
At which airport are you arriving? What time?
I'm coming into Midway around 2:00...

Jennie_becca

Novice Member
Mar 31, 2006
arriving

hey Ann,

We are arriving at 7:00am on Thursday. I couldn't stand to be away from my babies for one extra night.

p.s. after you hung up on our three way call, it disconnected the whole call. Luckily since they had my name, I just called back and they finished entering the info.

All is taken care of.

Jennie

Ann F

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Nov 11, 2004
I hadn't thought far enough ahead, had I??? The travel lady called me to get your number. I guess you called her before she could call you. Sorry!

Glad it's all fixed!