• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm so Confused About Bank Acct. Stuff!

um...after my 1st 90 days are up, I'll just switch over to my PC Debit Card.New consultants are able to use a Non PC credit card to submit a show for the 1st 90 days. After that, they are able to open a regular checking account with Bank of America.
kerenrebeca
Gold Member
I'm a new consultant & just had my Grand Opening Show this past weekend!!!! It was really fun! Only 3 people came, but it qualified beautifully :)

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to get to the bank until today, being that it is a holiday (I totally forgot) I found it closed. :(

I won't be able to set up my own banking acct. for PC until after I am married 06.13.09 so for the remainder of this year, I have one bank acct.
I got my PC Debit Card yesterday & haven't had a chance to see what I need to do to activate it yet, if it even requires that. But, I didn't have a chance to depost the checks from my show into my bank acct. (been crazy with work & working to help another consultant get her computer back up & running so she can get her PP+ working) So I have been busy.

My question is,
Should I just go ahead & submit the show with my regular debit-card & deposit the checks tomorrow as soon as I can? Or should I used my PC Debit Card? Or would the PC Debit card not work since my actual funds from the show aren't in there yet?

I definitely have the funds in my regular acct. to submit the show, payed for, but I just don't know how that will all work.... ORRRR my other question was, being that it's a holiday, should I give my customers a call & just close it tomorrow instead when I've had the chance to throw my funds from the show into my acct?!

I AM SO CONFUSED?!?:grumpy: I would appreciate any insight anybody would have, greatly!!!! thank you!!!!!:blushing::love::D

Keren

what account is the PC debit card attached to? If that account has plenty of $ then it's your call.

I personally would wait til tomorrow and deposit your checks and then submit your show.

You can ONLY use you PC debit card# or PC credit card to submit a show

Why do you have to wait to open a new account? You can open it in your name now and change it after you are married. Just wait and order the checks with your married name.

But on PP+ it says I can use my own debit card to submit until uh... I think December 9th?I think I may wait till tomorrow :) I am giving everybody a call right now.It just seems too irresponsible! I should've known better. It's my fault. At least I'll still be closing it before November's end :)Thanks for your reply!!!!

You can ONLY use you PC debit card# or PC credit card to submit a show
Unless its changed, new consultants are able to use a Non PC credit card to submit a show for the 1st 90 days only. This should give you time to get your PC debit card set up. Karenrebeca, I am curious - why wait all the way until 6/09 to get a separate bank account. If it is your name that you are worried about, it is not difficult to change it on your account - typically you just bring in your Drivers License with your married name on it.

Hey!!!!
Well, when I called BOAmerica Cust. Serv. they said that I needed to have a $500 balance in my checking acct. to start an at-home-business acct. Then I asked if I could just do a personal acct. you know? And they were pretty much like, 'well... you already HAVE one acct.'

I haven't really been happy with them since I moved here, but--I have just kinda put up with it & will probably stick with them until I run out of checks & then I'll sign up with the BB&T bank down here.

Anyway, sorry for rambling, but yeah, it was crazy setting it all up. So I just decided to have the direct depo. go into my regular checking acct. & then, once Ben & I got married, next June, I won't be shutting down this bank acct. I'll keep it open for PC. But until then, I'm feeling kind of stuck.
Either way I need to shut my main show down tonight, so that is why I was wondering all about this.
Again, I sooooo appreciate ya'lls replies!!!!!

Is there a limit on how many checking accounts BOA wil let you have? That's ridiculous!

pamperedlinda said:
Why do you have to wait to open a new account? You can open it in your name now and change it after you are married. Just wait and order the checks with your married name.

See, this is what I'll probably do once I sign up with BB&T (like I said, I'm trying to use all my checks for Bank of America) So, I think once I sign up with BB&T, or by the time I do, will be around next June anyway & we are planning on getting our State Marriage Licsense probably at the end of May, so that's when all my switch-overs will occur.

I am just not the greatest money manager, I never had anybody teach me good money managing skills, so my unfotunate fiance has had to really work with me on that. I think PC's made it harder for him, especially with my bank acct. :( I felt so bad last night, I cried just watching him be so frustrated. But, he got thru it.

I just need to stick to a budget he laid out for me & investing in PC (the kit & office supplies, printer included) sent me over $250 so I've put ALOT into PC. His comment was, 'Well, I hope you start making money & not having to keep put money in' I felt really bad.

Anyway, that's my crazy banking story. *sigh*:grumpy:

pamperedlinda said:
Is there a limit on how many checking accounts BOA wil let you have? That's ridiculous!

Yer telling me!!!!!

Apparently THERE IS!!!

AND since I had told them that I wanted to sign up for another one (another personal checking acct.) they asked me for what purpose, so of course I told them I was starting an at-home business & that's when they transferred me over to the lovely lady that told me that in order to start an at-home business checking acct. I needed to have a $500 balance already IN the acct!!!!

It's preposterous!!!!:eek:

SOOOOOOOOOO Im feeling kind-of holed-up & since I don't know all that much about money, or how to really deal with it, it's been quite testing!!!

jcsmilez said:
Unless its changed, new consultants are able to use a Non PC credit card to submit a show for the 1st 90 days only. This should give you time to get your PC debit card set up.

Karenrebeca, I am curious - why wait all the way until 6/09 to get a separate bank account. If it is your name that you are worried about, it is not difficult to change it on your account - typically you just bring in your Drivers License with your married name on it.

I stand corrected! Thanks!

When I started PC I set up MY PC account in a totally seperate bank that was closest to me for ease of making deposits. Do not set it up as a BIZ account. The fees and guidelines were not set up for direct sales people! Just do a personal account. For me the fact that it was a completely different bank makes it easier to keep the $ & accounts seperate.

I used to bank with BofA and would just go online and open checking accounts with $50 deposits. I had 3 checking accounts at one time. One was even indicated as a business, and I was never asked for a purpose or additional funds. That is weird. I have switched over to my local credit union though, because I hate BofA (other reasons)!

Also, on top of all of that, not to mention....ok... I WILL mention!!!!Let me just talk about how BOA totally screwed me over by1. Not sending me the checks I ordered (apparently you aren't supposed to order checks with another checking acct. debit card--which I didn't know, the dude that set me up APPARENTLY didn't know that either!!!! :mad:)
2. Sending my my debit card without a picture on it (which I had requested)
3. Setting up Keep the Change & then CHARGING me for it the first month, even though I specifically requested that they don't & just simply let the money do what it needs to do.I wanted to cancel with them a month ago, but I don't want to waste my checks.So I've created this dilemma only to find that Keep the Change is making it really hard for Ben (fiance) to balance my checkbook.
Anyway, we're half-tempted to just have my paycheck from work go into his accts. but both come from very strong-old-school-Christian backgrounded parents that both believe we shouldn't join our bank accts. until we are married. I do see where they are coming from, but right now, that is what we see as the 'way out'That's a whole nother story itself.But yeah, having a crappy bank doesn't help me understand how I need to manage my moolah any better at all!

etteluap70PC said:
I stand corrected! Thanks!

When I started PC I set up MY PC account in a totally seperate bank that was closest to me for ease of making deposits. Do not set it up as a BIZ account. The fees and guidelines were not set up for direct sales people! Just do a personal account. For me the fact that it was a completely different bank makes it easier to keep the $ & accounts seperate.

On-line?

Interesting you should bring this up! I will look into it RIGHT away!
Thanks!!!!!!

I use B of A and have two accounts. My regular (DH & I) and my PC. I have free checking with both as long as I have Direct Deposit. I believe it is their Access Checking Accounts. You don't need to have a business account. It really isn't their business to know why you have 2 seperate checking accounts. My PC debit card is connected to my PC checking account. If you need more info from me you can PM me.

I have five accounts at my credit union. Don't tell you new bank that it's a business account! I have two checking accounts. The second account is the one that my debit card is tied to. I don't even have checks for that account. I had to open a checking account for this because of the amount of activity (me depositing money and PC taking money out).

Plus I have 3 savings accounts. Regulars savings, money market and vacation savings. The "vacation savings" is just a way to name the account. This is where my commission checks get deposited.

By the way, you don't have to open a business account. I just have a regular checking account for my PC stuff.

And if you have issues with money management, I highly suggest getting a different account (even if you have to go to another bank). There are so many variables that can happen, you would hate to accidentally use money that was meant for bills or something.

Ok!!!!!! I set a 2nd Acct. up on-line!!!!!
So...now that I got my PC-Debit Card, does this mean I hafta shred it & apply for another one? :(

kerenrebeca said:
Ok!!!!!! I set a 2nd Acct. up on-line!!!!!
So...now that I got my PC-Debit Card, does this mean I hafta shred it & apply for another one? :(

I would call HO and tell them that you switched accounts and give them the new account information. They will let you know what to do about the current card you have. The department I believe is Financial Services.

BTW, I never did say welcome to PC and congratulations on your 1st show!

Thank you, appreciate it, alot :)

Don't shred your PC Debit Card!! You can have everything changed over to your new account through PC. You will keep that card!

Welcome to PC and CS!!!

Don't shred your card, they'll make the changes in their system and you'll keep your current card, I just switched banks myself. It didn't take long at all for them to change it. I faxed the changes in. THere's a form under CC to make changes to your debit card.

Change banks. It's none of their business why you want more than one checking account.

Yeah... what Linda said.... ;)

Thank you so much to everybody who replied. I was able to finally set up a sep. acct. & got all that worked out yesterday! So now all my other shows this month will be going in to the new acct.!!!!!Sorry about all of that, I was sorta flipping out, but all is well now! :) thank you for the welcomes!

1. What is the difference between a checking account and a savings account?

A checking account is typically used for everyday transactions such as paying bills and making purchases. It usually has no limit on the number of transactions you can make and may come with a debit card for convenient access. A savings account, on the other hand, is designed for long-term saving and earning interest on your money. It often has a limit on the number of transactions you can make and may require a higher minimum balance.

2. How do I choose the right bank for my needs?

When choosing a bank, consider factors such as fees, interest rates, online banking options, and the bank's location and accessibility. You may also want to read reviews or ask for recommendations from friends and family.

3. What fees should I be aware of when opening a bank account?

Common fees associated with bank accounts include monthly maintenance fees, overdraft fees, ATM fees, and minimum balance fees. Some banks may also charge fees for services such as check printing or wire transfers. Make sure to read the fine print and ask the bank about any potential fees before opening an account.

4. How can I keep track of my bank account balance?

Most banks offer online or mobile banking options that allow you to check your account balance and transactions at any time. You can also keep track of your balance by regularly reviewing your bank statements and keeping track of your spending.

5. Is it important to have a separate account for business and personal expenses?

Yes, it is highly recommended to have separate bank accounts for business and personal expenses. This will make it easier to track your business finances and file taxes, as well as protect your personal assets in case of any legal issues with your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pclinskie
  • TropicalChef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ms_twana
  • clshirk