• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Since I'm so New to This, I Am a Little Confused About Paying

In summary, since you are a newbie, you should probably talk to a tax consultant to find out if you need to file and what your specific taxes should be. You can also deduct a lot of your expenses on your taxes, including mileage.
dancedivine
Since I'm so new to this, I am a little confused about paying taxes.

For instance, if I am only doing this as a hobby & I don't intend to earn very much.... Do I even have to file the taxes? (Let's say I make less than $1,000 a year in commission.) At what point am I required to pay taxes on the money? I am so confused about all this.

Thanks!

Re: Taxes?I think that its $600. or more a year..

Re: Taxes?You get a 1099 if you earn $600 or more a year. Keep track of all expenses and have your tax preparer advise you.

Re: Taxes?So, if I don't earn at least $600, I won't get a 1099 & I don't have to file taxes? Ok, I think I'm learning now.... Thanks!

Re: Taxes?Pampered Chef dollars you earn are counted as earnings and are reported on 1099s. I would suggest you talk to a tax consultant before deciding if you need to file.

Re: Taxes?Just because you don't get a 1099 doesn't mean that Pampered Chef doesn't report your income to the IRS. They just aren't required to supply the info to you unless you make $600 or more. You have to pay taxes on all income - even those 12 stupid little $5 and $10 interest forms I got from various bank accounts (can you tell I just finished my taxes and am a little burnt out on the entire process :( )- so I don't think there is a minimum limit.

Re: Taxes?Remember there are a TON of expenses that you can write off...mileage being a huge one! I suggest that you search the threads, there are sooooooo many great tips that helped me a bunch!

Re: Taxes?
pcsharon1 said:
Just because you don't get a 1099 doesn't mean that Pampered Chef doesn't report your income to the IRS. They just aren't required to supply the info to you unless you make $600 or more. You have to pay taxes on all income - even those 12 stupid little $5 and $10 interest forms I got from various bank accounts (can you tell I just finished my taxes and am a little burnt out on the entire process :( )- so I don't think there is a minimum limit.

That is true... I suppose I can just enter the information where I enter the info from my interest income. I really need to find out about the state taxes, though. I have a feeling that part is a little more complicated than the federal taxes.

Re: Taxes?Not only are PC Dollars counted, but any product earned is added onto a 1099 as well.

Re: Taxes?Oh! I didn't realize PC dollars are also included... I suppose that does make a difference.

What are the payment options for new consultants?

As a new consultant, you can choose to pay for your starter kit in full at the time of sign-up or enroll in our 3-month payment plan option. We also accept credit or debit cards for all orders and payments.

How much does it cost to become a consultant?

The cost to become a Pampered Chef consultant varies depending on the starter kit you choose. Our basic kit starts at $109 and our deluxe kit starts at $159. We also offer a mini kit for $39 for those who want to start small.

Do I have to meet a minimum sales requirement to stay active as a consultant?

Yes, to remain an active consultant, you must have at least $150 in sales every 3 months. This can be from personal orders or orders from customers. If you do not meet this requirement, you will be considered inactive and your consultant account may be terminated.

How do I earn commissions as a consultant?

As a consultant, you earn a base commission of 20% on all sales. You also have the opportunity to earn bonuses and increase your commission through our Fast Start program and by building a team of consultants. You can view your commission and bonus earnings in your consultant account.

What is the return policy for consultants?

As a consultant, you can return any unsold products or products with manufacturing defects within 90 days for a full refund. However, if you are returning products from your starter kit, they must be returned within 30 days of receiving them. Shipping charges are non-refundable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • kerenrebeca