• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get 50% Off Cool & Serve Tray at PC | Why Wait to Communicate Discounts?

I was able to get mine at 60% off, but I agree with Julie...I now can get a second one and have an extra or just to sell it at a fair or somewhere else.
babywings76
Gold Member
I was away on vacation and just got back today, so please forgive me if I'm mistaken or if this was already discussed...

I'm a little annoyed to have read a Newswire about how we can get the C&S tray at 50% off. I mean, why didn't they let us know sooner? A lot of us were wondering if we'd be allowed to, but since they never said anything, I went ahead and bought one. I bought it by adding it to a host's order, so luckily I didn't pay full price, plus I earned commission on it. So it's not so much the point of how much money I spent/saved, etc. It's more of why didn't HO communicate with us sooner?! With the excitement over a new "Must Have" product, why not let us know we could get a discount. Why wait till much later to do it?

Okay, so I'm not mad at HO. Still love PC. Love the new products. Just needed to see if anyone else thought this odd and a little off-putting.

You know, I earned mine, so didn't have to purchase it - but I really wondered about this too. Why didn't they offer it at 50% off last month, so people had it for the summer? Seems odd.

When I read this today I was a bit upset. I bought mine with our discount. It was still like 34 bucks. Oh well!!!

Maybe I will buy a discounted one and give it as a gift!

I got the feeling that sales weren't going as well as they thought they should be, so they're trying to give it a boost!

I didn't earn it, but I was able to get it for free by gathering up some orders last month. In fact, it was supposed to be delivered today. Better go check outside!

ugh... I gave in and ordered it as well... 3 weeks ago!

I think maybe they were trying to "push" us to earn it. If some knew they could just buy it, they may have not worked so hard to earn it. I do agree it would have been something nice to announce earlier but they always have their reasons.

wadesgirl said:
I think maybe they were trying to "push" us to earn it. If some knew they could just buy it, they may have not worked so hard to earn it. I do agree it would have been something nice to announce earlier but they always have their reasons.

This is what I was thinking as well.:)

jesikaransom said:
When I read this today I was a bit upset. I bought mine with our discount. It was still like 34 bucks. Oh well!!!

Maybe I will buy a discounted one and give it as a gift!

I, too, was upset when I read that because I also had to pay full price less my consultant discount:( I took the liberty of emailing HO and asked if they were going to do adjustments for those of us who had to pay full price and here is their response:
"Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. In regards to your inquiry, unfortunately, we are unable to process your request. Please keep in mind that the product is not available at 50% off until July 12". Wonder if that means they will consider it after the 12th, HA, HA!!!
I would have just used pictures if I'd known they were come up with this new offer

wadesgirl said:

Yeah, I Know I should have pushed harder to earn it free. I understand but just a bit bummed. I will get over it as it is a cool product that I am stoked to have.

I bought one two days ago! But here's my thought, now I have one I can sell right at the fair when I am there.

lockhartkitchen said:
I bought one two days ago! But here's my thought, now I have one I can sell right at the fair when I am there.

I was able to get mine at 60% off, but I agree with Julie...I now can get a second one and have an extra or just to sell it at a fair or somewhere else.

Yes, I also thought about the push to get us to earn it. But once the deadline was passed, they could've told us about the discount. I waited until after the deadline to purchase mine because in the meantime I was trying to earn it. Once I failed to earn it, I knew it was a "must have" and wanted to take it to my shows for SAT. It's a great product, and I'm glad I got it when I did because I sold 2 of them the very first time I showed it at my first June show.It's nice that they are giving us the ability to get it at 50% discount, I just feel the timing is poor. Most consultants either earned it or bought it prior to HO's announcement, that now it's a bit too late to offer us a discount and have it matter. JMHO :blushing:

My thought is more about supply issues. We're seeing that with not just the DCB but even the ice cream dipper!! Obviously they couldn't bring out the C&S with the spring line in March, prob. b/c it hadn't passed testing yet. Once it did, they had to produce enough to supply those who earned it and build up enough to meet the expected demand of the June host special plus heavy June SAT sales. Better for them not to have to backorder it in June b/c so many consultants bought it at 50% off. A definite disappointment to those who went ahead and bought it earlier.

Becca_in_MD said:
My thought is more about supply issues. We're seeing that with not just the DCB but even the ice cream dipper!! Obviously they couldn't bring out the C&S with the spring line in March, prob. b/c it hadn't passed testing yet. Once it did, they had to produce enough to supply those who earned it and build up enough to meet the expected demand of the June host special plus heavy June SAT sales. Better for them not to have to backorder it in June b/c so many consultants bought it at 50% off. A definite disappointment to those who went ahead and bought it earlier.

That makes sense, Becca.

Yes, that's a very good point and does make sense. :)

I too am a little upset, i also ordered it with only the 20% discount June first because i did not earn it. I really think they should have made the 50% off offer sooner. I might also write to complain.

I just got mine 2 weeks ago, I wasnt to happy when I got the email. But I do have a cool product now. This last 6 months have been slow for me, and me not earning 1 single incentive has sure pushed me to pick up my business again.

Well, I'm upset about the timing too, for others, not me. I was fortunate enough to have a past host who didn't want a special, and the current host had a great show, so I got it at 60 percent off. Oh well, I'd rather earn commission anyway.

I was a bit not happy myself. I ordered it - well my mother ordered it with her past host discount - she is forever ordering products ;). Then I at least got my commission from it too. I think I will order another one for either a gift or donation.

well, I will disappointed at first, since I got one June 1st... 6am. But, I will just order one at 1/2 off and have one for a big fall launch show.

What is the Cool & Serve Tray at Pampered Chef?

The Cool & Serve Tray is a versatile serving tray designed to keep food chilled for hours, making it perfect for outdoor gatherings, picnics, and parties.

How do I get 50% off the Cool & Serve Tray at Pampered Chef?

To get 50% off the Cool & Serve Tray, simply sign up as a Pampered Chef consultant and host a party with at least $200 in sales. As a host, you will receive a 50% discount on one item, which can be used towards the Cool & Serve Tray.

Can I still get the 50% off discount if I don't want to host a party?

Yes, you can still get the 50% off discount by joining our Pampered Chef Preferred Customer Program. As a Preferred Customer, you will receive a 50% discount on one item of your choice, which can be used towards the Cool & Serve Tray.

How long is the 50% off promotion for the Cool & Serve Tray valid?

The 50% off promotion for the Cool & Serve Tray is valid for a limited time only. Please check with your Pampered Chef consultant or the website for the current promotion period.

Can I use the 50% off discount on multiple Cool & Serve Trays?

Unfortunately, the 50% off discount can only be applied to one Cool & Serve Tray per party or Preferred Customer order. However, you can always host another party or join the Preferred Customer Program to take advantage of the discount again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • quiverfull7
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kcjodih