• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ideas From Those That Dont Mail Their Invites

many...shows...per...week...month?I print out the invitations on postcards and I also put postage on them. I send them out at the same time I send the host packet. I do not remember the program I use to print everything together, but I'm pretty sure it was a computer program. I send them out about a week before the show. I do about 3 shows a week.
So far I have never mailed my hosts invites. I have thought about it but I do a lot of shows with people who don't use the computer alot so they would have to hand write everything. Anyway I do make labels and fill out the invites so all they have to do is mail or hand them out. This takes alot of time and the labels add up really fast, but it has cut down on my cancellations and people handing back all the unused invites at the end of a small show.(they may just throw them away now lol) I was just wondering if anyone else does this.

For those that do mail them, how much more time and expense would I be looking at?

Well, they'd have to handwrite the invites too, eh plus the show details? So writing out a guest list isn't much different, if you ask me... if not easier for them. I'm all about making it easy for my hosts to host. So far, all my hosts have filled their guest lists with the computer and with only one exception, have emailed them back to me. One host recently, mailed me hers after not being able to attach the doc file. It takes me very little time to print out the show labels with the show info printed on them, I also make up labels to cover up the .com stuff with my .biz info, my PC stamp for return address, postage and I hand write the invite addressee for a personal touch. I did a batch of 19 this morning and it took me less than 20 minutes from beginning to end. It's repetitious however it also gets me familiar with the guest names too... and me sending them out I KNOW they're going out. I got handed back a FULL stack of invites one time from a host.... I no longer have any worries about invites going out in time or not and the postage and labels and ink and all that are tax deductions...

I buy them at Sams or office depot when they offer buy 1 get 1 free sales they last a long time and I just type the host info once and it prints to all labels it's very quick
I'm probably going into my 7th year of sending them for the hosts and have very few cancellations maybe 3 a year.

Teresa Lynn said:
I buy them at Sams or office depot when they offer buy 1 get 1 free sales they last a long time and I just type the host info once and it prints to all labels it's very quick
I'm probably going into my 7th year of sending them for the hosts and have very few cancellations maybe 3 a year.

So how do you address the invites, by hand or with another label? Also how do you have the hosts get the guest list to you? How do you organize to keep on top of mailing everything? How many shows do you do a week month? Thanks for the help!

I know you didn't ask me but I want to share how I do my invites~ I send the guest list to the host with a letter that tells when it needs to be sent back by. The letter also includes some other general information. Once I get the guest list back I print the invitations (I use the PC postcard invites and actually print right on them so I don't have to buy labels.) I also put the postage on the invites at this time. I do not handwrite anything. I then prepare the host packet and I include 5-10 extra invitations incase the host forgot everyone. I send the host packet and invites out at the same time so the host knows her invites were sent. HTH! :chef:

heather223 said:
I know you didn't ask me but I want to share how I do my invites~ I send the guest list to the host with a letter that tells when it needs to be sent back by. The letter also includes some other general information. Once I get the guest list back I print the invitations (I use the PC postcard invites and actually print right on them so I don't have to buy labels.) I also put the postage on the invites at this time. I do not handwrite anything. I then prepare the host packet and I include 5-10 extra invitations incase the host forgot everyone. I send the host packet and invites out at the same time so the host knows her invites were sent. HTH! :chef:
What program do you use to print everything together? Also how early do you have them send you the info? How early do they get their host pack? Also how many shows do you do a week/month and how many invites do you usually mail? Thanks!

I do what Heather does except I do the addresses by hand. I am not the best typist and I have heard that handwritten makes it more personal. I can hand write 30 invites pretty quick. I know I am more likely to look at something addressed to me if it is hand written.

cincychef said:
What program do you use to print everything together? Also how early do you have them send you the info? How early do they get their host pack? Also how many shows do you do a week/month and how many invites do you usually mail? Thanks!

I use MS Word. I ask that the guest list is back to me 3 weeks before the show and they get the host packet no later than 2 weeks before. (If the show isn't booked a month out then I tweak these dates.) I use a Host Information Sheet to track what I have mailed and when things need to be mailed. I also send post cards to the host with reminders about the show. I usually do 6-8 shows a month but am trying to get even more. I have never tracked how much I mail. I also send evites out if the host provides me with a email address. This service is free and I can track who is/ isn't coming and it saves the cost of postage. :chef:

I handwrite the guest info with a pretty color ink (I think its more personal)
I print the show info in color
I have them email me the list organized by city and zip then they only need to send the guest name and street address keeps them from typing alot
I send them about 16 days in advance (My rule... it should never intentionally arrive on Wed. when we get our junk mailings.)

1. How do I come up with creative ideas for invitations if I don't want to mail them?

One idea is to hand-deliver invitations to your guests. This adds a personal touch and eliminates the need for mailing. You can also use social media or email to send out digital invitations.

2. Can I still use Pampered Chef products for my non-mail invitations?

Yes, absolutely! Our products are versatile and can be used in a variety of ways for invitations. For example, you can use our mini cutting boards as a base for handwritten invitations, or our measuring spoons as a unique way to include important details like date and time.

3. I'm not very creative, do you have any suggestions for simple invitation ideas?

One simple idea is to use our recipe cards as invitations. You can write all the details on the card and include a tasty recipe for your guests to try. You can also use our cookie cutters to create unique and fun-shaped invitations.

4. How can I make my invitations stand out without mailing them?

Try adding a personal touch by including a handwritten note or drawing on the invitations. You can also use our decorative stoneware to bake mini invitation cookies or make personalized coasters to include with the invitations.

5. Do you have any suggestions for eco-friendly non-mail invitations?

Yes, our silicone lids make great eco-friendly invitations. You can write the details on the lid with a permanent marker and include a mini wooden spoon for your guests to use as a reminder. You can also use our reusable produce bags to hold paperless invitations or information cards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lesliec
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
leslieprichett
  • Liquid Sky
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • cheflorraine