• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Might Need a Vistaprint Intervention

In summary, Sarah is addicted to vistaprint. She designs logos, plays with designs on products, and hasn't spent more than $20 on the website. She also tells us that she is turning others into addicts too.
ButterflyVioletta said:
Starr, check your spelling on "Clearance"

Dang it!!! Atleast it was free! lol

here is the image, I don't remember where I got it.

**IMAGE HAS BEEN REMOVED**

Last edited:
Hey Starr...or anyone, is there a way to switch from one product to with an existing design? In other words, I designed a sticky note but have decided to make it a note pad...I'm wondering how to switch?

starrmarie said:
Dang it!!! Atleast it was free! lolhere is the image, I don't remember where I got it.
The image has a copyright on it, so you should take it down and really shouldn't use it on your Vista stuff.

DebbieJ said:
The image has a copyright on it, so you should take it down and really shouldn't use it on your Vista stuff.

Are you sure? I got from the Policies and Procedures that you could use copywritten images in communicating with guests, hosts and customers but not in general mass production or reproduction. /shrug

It's not a HO copyright, it's got an artist's name by the copyright symbol.And sending an image to VistaPrint is mass production/reproduction.

Yes, P&P has instructions on how we can use items copyrighted by PC. However, the copyright on that picture isn't by PC. It reminds me of some of the stuff Nancy's Artwork used to have but I don't think it is exactly the same. That means whoever drew it owns the copyright to that particular image and gets to say who uses it and how. They may no longer have licensing to use it, but that doesn't mean it's OK for someone else to use it without permission.

chefann said:
And sending an image to VistaPrint is mass production/reproduction.

I'm sorry I confused you with my inexact wording. What I was trying to say is that the intent seems to be to not massively distribute something that is copywritten outside of your guests/hosts/customers circle, eg put an ad out in the newspaper using copywritten images. However, as I read further, you can apparently can seek to obtain permission for it.

The “©” symbol indicates copyrighted materials. Other than
in communications with Show hosts or guests, the catalog,
postcard invitations, newsletters, recipes, etc., or anything
bearing the “©” symbol should not be reproduced in whole
or in part. Do not sell or provide copyrighted materials to
any non-licensed vendors. Do not write “all rights reserved”
on anything that bears The Pampered Chef® name,
trademarks or logos

NooraK said:
Yes, P&P has instructions on how we can use items copyrighted by PC. However, the copyright on that picture isn't by PC. It reminds me of some of the stuff Nancy's Artwork used to have but I don't think it is exactly the same. That means whoever drew it owns the copyright to that particular image and gets to say who uses it and how. They may no longer have licensing to use it, but that doesn't mean it's OK for someone else to use it without permission.
Agreed. Obviously I can only speak from PC copywritten images as referenced. The OP stated she was unclear where the source was from. Listen folks, let's not turn this into another tense discussion. I *know* how complicated the intellectual property rights are and use of images and company name. I also can tell there is a lot of confusion and lack of clarity. On Facebook alone there are some who interpret that we can't even write the words Pampered Chef in our updates as general commentary (as long as it doesn't imply PC is your employer). Since this issue is so complex I'm just begging the question of clarity, because I for one, know there is a lot of unclear ground. Personally I will be calling regarding the parameters about FB...it would seem I cannot link to my pws unless during a fundraiser, I cannot listed PC as my employer, and I think that's it! But instead of stating that I am sure about the facts, I'm going to get the facts first....

I have removed the image and I have contacted the artist.

ButterflyVioletta said:
Since this issue is so complex I'm just begging the question of clarity, because I for one, know there is a lot of unclear ground. Personally I will be calling regarding the parameters about FB...it would seem I cannot link to my pws unless during a fundraiser, I cannot listed PC as my employer, and I think that's it! But instead of stating that I am sure about the facts, I'm going to get the facts first....
Actually, only the organization the FR benefits can link, and then only after their site gets approval from HO.

ButterflyVioletta said:
Hey Starr...or anyone, is there a way to switch from one product to with an existing design? In other words, I designed a sticky note but have decided to make it a note pad...I'm wondering how to switch?

No way to switch products. You have to re-design it on the new product.

Thanks, Holly. I appreciate it :thumbup:

sometimes VP will have a button that says "show me matching products... They will not be as good of a deal though. Your best bet is to redesign and make sure to save it.

I'm trying to smile through the tears...hehe...I'm so not creative it was a miracle I got it done the first time :D

esavvymom said:
Question- has anyone gotten the VistaPrint banner? I noticed it says "indoor vinyl". What does that mean? Will it stand being outside? I don't like the Merrill banner so was thinking of getting one from Vista...but if the first rainy day will ruin it, why bother?

And yes- Starr, where did you get the image of the TTA for that business card!?

I've gotten 3 of the banners - but they were all the outdoor type and they were absolutely wonderful in my opinion. I loved the quality and the size, etc. And plus, I got them when they were 50% off!!! Oh, and I did the large size too.

Hello All,

I got an anonymous email with a scary experience. The poster and I thought it important to share with everyone. Please be careful everyone. Getting biz is great but not at the expense of your safety. I would definitely beware of giving too much info. Also, always be aware of your environment and surroundings....you never can know if someone has decided to fixate on you. There are too many sad stories of survivors who did nothing and experienced a horrific ordeal, simply because a a person decided he wanted her/him. As I've mentioned before, I worked for the Rape Crisis Center - dealing with Crisis Intervention - and will be happy to pass on advice we give on personal safety.

Assault and harassment, is more about fear and control. So some may enjoy the "thrill" they get from knowing they have spooked someone. They may follow and see if their "target" shows signs of stress, or if they are now taking drastic protective measures. Kind of a cat and mouse game, if you will. At times, they will act on their fantasies to "up the ante".

I also want to thank the anonymous tipster for sharing. It was brave of you to ask that this be shared so that others can be careful and avoid finding themselves in a similar situation. Who knows how many you have saved? So, kudos to you....and know that I am here should you need to "talk"...the fear can remain for a bit. Change your routine for a bit, and before making the "familiar" drive home, look around and see if you note a vehicle on multiple days. Have the non-emergency number for the police programmed at a 1 touch number. Report any suspicious activity, whether it is valid or not...better safe than sorry. If it makes you feel better, get some mace....just be sure to practice with it, so it becomes a natural reaction and you do not find yourself fumbling. Insert a key in between your fingers, when walking....excellent gouging tool. Park in only lighted areas, and check your backseat before entering your car. Prayers for you....may this creep see you will not lay down for him, and grow bored. Also, see if there are any local self-defense classes....they're great exercise and can go a long way in deterring any would be assailants. :D

Here's the story, verbatim:
So I have magnetic signs on my van. I got 2 creapy calls Saturday night on my phone. I answered and hung up the first time, the second time he left a
message. He told me where I was the night before (at least where he thought I was in our van). {My husband} actually had my van, so it wasn't me. But we don't know if he followed the van. {My husband} drove right home.

So now I don't have my signs anymore. So much for the free PC advertising. {My husband} said my safety is more important, and the signs make it too easy to notice and follow my van. Thanks creep!!!

Thanks for listening!

Laurie,
Thanks for sharing. Stay Safe!

Thanks for all the great info and tips. No one can ever be too vigilant of their surroundings.I have to say though, I don't think the magnets or signs on the car are going to make or break the deal if someone decides to pick you as their target. Yes, they make the creepy phone calls possible. That's why I only list my cell phone, which can't be reverse searched to my address, and my website doesn't have my full name on it either. There isn't enough information there to track me down, so the only option would be to follow me home, which someone could do regardless of if I have a logo on my car or not.

It's very true that the signs don't make it happen, but I can see how it can make it easier. However, they can pick up my info at a booth too and actually talk to me. As a teenager, I received a call while babysitting and they knew who I was, where I went to school and what I was wearing that day! I was young, freaked out and didn't know what to do. This is before the days of internet and reverse look up and such...so how did they even get the phone number? The parents were selling a car so the number was in the paper! It's always good to be aware of surroundings and to also be aware of the information that you put out there for the public. I won't allow my DD to have her name on a bike, backpack, etc b/c I don't want someone to easily "be familiar" by calling her name. It's truly sad that we have to think of this at all. If everyone would just treat each other with kindness instead of cruelty, this world would be amazing.

I never intended to imply that we should not be advertising nor using car magnets and decals. I have car magnets myself. I just strongly advise that you do not include your name and number. My magnet lists the services I offer along with my PWS address.

Yes, we have our ctc info on our PWS and Business cards....like you, I list my cell number only. In my calendar, I list upcoming events, but do not indicate location specifics.

Didn't want to spook anyone, but rather alert everyone to think of their personal safety and stay alert. As I mentioned, someone sent me the experience....probably because I had indicated before to be wary of TMI.

KG posted a link with EXCELLENT personal safety tips....see the thread "personal safety".

I am not interested in debating on what you should do.....just sending the signal out as I would hope someone would do for me. Just be safe all, and do what you will with the info provided.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
I never intended to imply that we should not be advertising nor using car magnets and decals.

I didn't take it this way at all but I think it was a great idea to start this type of discussion. I first got a magnet with my name, website, etc and after thinking about it, talking to my BF, etc I decided to order one that says only "The Pampered Chef, Independent Consultant" and my cell phone number. I just felt that was a little safer.

sk8rgrrl99 said:
order one that says only "The Pampered Chef, Independent Consultant" and my cell phone number. I just felt that was a little safer.

That's a good idea....number and TPC. Would reach a larger audience as not everyone has internet access. Thanks!

Ok..this may offend someone- but you could always put an "NRA" bumper sticker on your car to ward off the wierdo's *hehe* :D He wouldn't dare mess with a woman packing heat! or that he THINKS is packing. "A packin' pampered chef!" :eek:

So...what kind of things can we have printed by Vistaprint? I use their services quite often for my other businesses, but I didn't know we could order promotional materials from anyone other than Merrill's...

We can order their items, but cannot use the PC logo or photos, since those are copyrighted by HO and our use of them is governed by the policies and procedures. Most consultants who order from VistaPrint do so because it's so much less expensive than Merrill, although the trade-off is not having the logo on things.

oh...okay thanks for the info! :)

Has anyone gotten Vista's T-Shirts? We're considering some T-shirts (not for business, although if they aren't bad, who knows for future ) for a birthday party event we are planning. I was wondering the quality? Are they a 'regular' t-shirt that you'd get in the store or like Hanes? I don't want to get them if they are see-thru thin.Thanks!!
:)

I've gotten a couple and am happy with them. They are definitely not see-thru nor super thin. Not at Hanes level, but more like the generics at Walmart. Hope that helps!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hoosierchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedpsalmstress
  • robynlynn007
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
robynlynn007
  • Kitchen Diva