• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Am I Wrong for Not Contacting Other Consultants - - -

It's your booth, your show. If you're worried about someone stealing your stuff, bring a security guard. If you're worried about making new friends, bring business cards and a notebook to jot down names and contact info. You'll be fine.
whiteyteresa
Sorry to ask you opinion again so soon but I received a call this morning about doing another fair in the next state - next county - about 20 miles away.(just finished my county fair with 5 other consultants - the hours were very long 2:30 pm to 10:30pm) The hour here will be from only 6 to 10 pm.

The person got my name - business card - from the first fair. Would it be wrong for me to do this fair by myself. It's only 4 hours for 6 days and only cost $32.

I think that it doesn't sound too much work or cost. But I don't want anyone to feel left out. But I want more business. (I sound selfish) I love doing set-ups, I love talking about the products.

When I ask your opinion in the other thread about set-ups, I just thought that we didn't have enough products at this fair to draw people in to see products. The first ever set-up I did, we had a lot of products and people came over and talk about what they liked and what they didn't like - but this last time we haven't had many people stop by, they usually walk by and say 'There is the Pampered Chef' but they didn't come and look. So I don't know what to think about the other posts in the other thread. I thought that I would have time to practice setting up a table downstairs in my basement but not now. Set up is at 2pm today,

WHAT AM I TO DO?

Ask other consultants, set-up what I did in the past to where people came over and talked? What? Please

By the way, the man I spoke to said that he has been in charge of this fair for the past 3 years and the Pampered Chef has never been there and this would be a new attraction for the fair.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

HELP

Hey, I think if you can handle it alone-GO FOR IT!!! Why should you feel bad? Were others involved before? The only problem with being alone is if you have to go to the bathroom or get something to eat you would need to leave your stuff unattended. But other than that I don't see the problem. Good Luck. Oh and I am doing a couple of fairs alone this fall.

There are 2 reasons I can think of where you would want to open it up to other consultants.

1. There were time slots you couldn't fill, or didn't want to fill yourself.

2. You had downline/recruits who needed booking/recruit leads, and you wanted to help them out.

I would not wory about doing the fair in the next county over especially if no other PC consultant has had a booth there. Good for you for making contacts. It's not your fault that another consultant closer did not inquire.

edited to add... Oh I think I get it.. you do not want to share with the cons. you just got done working with? Well... If the organizer called you then don't wory about it. I would only share if its one of your recruits.

Here for my county fair you have first dibs on a booth if you did the fair a previous year and you have a deadline to get registration in or they will open it up to another cons. So basically you snooze you loose. I am never offended if I miss out on an event because someone else jumped on it before me.

For smaller events I have helped organize locally we have done everything in our power to get local consultants. This is easy if people are working to get themselves known. Occasionaly I have had someone say... "I live in towm I wish you had called me" Well I would have but did not find your name anywhere....

As far as setup do what makes you happy! I never do the same thing twice.

Last edited:
chefkristin said:
Hey, I think if you can handle it alone-GO FOR IT!!! Why should you feel bad? Were others involved before? The only problem with being alone is if you have to go to the bathroom or get something to eat you would need to leave your stuff unattended. But other than that I don't see the problem. Good Luck. Oh and I am doing a couple of fairs alone this fall.

I agree if you can do it by yourself do it! You might see if a friend would go be with you. Then you could talk if no one was looking and you would have someone to watch the booth if you needed a break.

Personally, if you can afford to do it yourself, do it. Bring whatever products you have and maybe even make a poster board with flyers from HO pasted to it to make more of a statement. If you think that 4 hours by yourself is a little too much, then by all means, ask someone to help you out, but only one other person (someone who you work well with at the booth). The suggestion by Becky to open it up to anyone in your downline who needs bookings is a great suggestion, too. I always do booths with the most active person in my downline b/c we work well together (alternate talking to people, don't try to "steal" each other's customers - ugh, another post entirely!), and it helps to share the load. Best of luck and let us know how it goes!

and if you feel you need more product to show call ur upline and see if u can borrow some :)

I do them alone by myself all the time. If you can do it, go for it!!!

Thanks everyone,

I appreciate all your help

Teresa

~

It's not that I don't want to work with the other consultants (I enjoyed working with each one of them), this is just a very short notice and that we just finish a very busy fair on Saturday night. Plus there isn't many hours

and the main reason is

that I LOVE Pampered Chef and my business isn't that busy right now and I want to stay in the business, so I need this. If I don't get busy soon, I will have to take on another job soon - because of School,Christmas, etc.

I don't mean to sound sooooo selfish but it is only a few hours each night and it is a small town also.

~

whiteyteresa said:
It's not that I don't want to work with the other consultants (I enjoyed working with each one of them), this is just a very short notice and that we just finish a very busy fair on Saturday night. Plus there isn't many hours

and the main reason is

that I LOVE Pampered Chef and my business isn't that busy right now and I want to stay in the business, so I need this. If I don't get busy soon, I will have to take on another job soon - because of School,Christmas, etc.

I don't mean to sound sooooo selfish but it is only a few hours each night and it is a small town also.

~
That is not selfish. You have a perfect reason to do it alone. I open fairs up to my team when I can but if it is a small fair I do not. My time has value too and if I have to be there I want SOME leads too. If I have a team member that is really struggling for bookings I will give her the small fair and help her with words and what to display - it all depends on the circumstances.

Thanks again

~

1. Am I expected to contact other Pampered Chef consultants?

No, it is not a requirement to contact other Pampered Chef consultants. However, reaching out to other consultants can be a great way to network and share tips and ideas.

2. Will I be penalized if I don't communicate with other consultants?

No, there are no penalties for not communicating with other consultants. However, it can be beneficial to stay connected and learn from others in the Pampered Chef community.

3. Do I have to share my customers or leads with other consultants?

No, you are not obligated to share your customers or leads with other consultants. Your customers are yours to maintain and build relationships with.

4. Can I still be successful without contacting other consultants?

Yes, you can still be successful without contacting other consultants. Success in Pampered Chef depends on your own efforts and dedication to your business.

5. Are there any advantages to contacting other consultants?

Yes, there are many advantages to contacting other consultants. You can learn new techniques, share best practices, and potentially collaborate on events or parties. It can also be a great way to make connections and build a support system within the Pampered Chef community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • deanna_g
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefcharity
  • lisaterwilliger