• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Might Need a Vistaprint Intervention

In summary, Sarah is addicted to vistaprint. She designs logos, plays with designs on products, and hasn't spent more than $20 on the website. She also tells us that she is turning others into addicts too.
sk8rgrrl99
I think I'm addicted to vistaprint. I just can't stay off that website. I've designed logos, played with all the designs on just about every product available. Luckily I haven't spent more than $20 or so on there... I do know when to walk away before purchasing but I can't stop designing Pampered Chef marketing materials!

Hahahahahaha! It's too bad we can't set up a group PC account! I envy folks like you that are creative. I got the logic gene and very little of the design gene

I'm not sure I really have the creativity gene either but I can't resist playing.

ButterflyVioletta said:
Hahahahahaha! It's too bad we can't set up a group PC account! I envy folks like you that are creative. I got the logic gene and very little of the design gene

We need to suggest to vista print that they have a share a design option for us!

I just ordered a free small banner from them!!! Yes, I too am a Vista Print addict. Can't wait, and am hoping I have it for a Women's Expo on Sunday.

I totally get getting hooked on Vista Print.

Please share your designs! If you preview your item (from the design portfolio) you can right click and save the image to your computer, then upload it here!

sk8rgrrl99 said:
I think I'm addicted to vistaprint. I just can't stay off that website. I've designed logos, played with all the designs on just about every product available. Luckily I haven't spent more than $20 or so on there... I do know when to walk away before purchasing but I can't stop designing Pampered Chef marketing materials!

that is hilarious Sarah! I have stayed away because I know I would be needing an intervention as well. haha

Hmmm.. I might have to put them on photobucket or something. They are too big to upload.

Last edited:
Ok, here's my banner.

Attachments

• Vista Print Banner.jpg
    Vista Print Banner.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 513
Super cute Carol!

And you can't beat the price!!

Love that banner Carol!

I ordered the small one, and I know as soon as I see it I will be kicking myself for not ordering a bigger size! It's 3.5 ft by 1.5 ft, so it's readable from a bit away, which I think will work for right now. And, as I said, you can't beat the price.. FREE!

I am just getting hooked on it! I started looking at it all when Paulette was over today. :)

Hi I'm Paulette and not only am I an addict... I turn others into addicts too.

;)

They have tote bags now too!!!!!

LOL Paulette

etteluap70PC said:
Hi I'm Paulette and not only am I an addict... I turn others into addicts too.

;)

LOL! You bad influence you!

Carol, That's a GREAT Banner! Love it!

Hi all of you Vista Junkie's!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

I am trying to make a window cling thru Vista and I am having a hard time finding anything cooking related or one with a Chef's hat or anything close to what I have seen here already done.

I tried uploading my chef's hat I have in my avatar, but it didn't like the file??

Any help would be appreciated. Either tell me how to upload the chef's hat or tell me how you all got such great designs!

Thanks!!
Kelly V

KellyRedHead said:
Hi all of you Vista Junkie's!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

I am trying to make a window cling thru Vista and I am having a hard time finding anything cooking related or one with a Chef's hat or anything close to what I have seen here already done.

I tried uploading my chef's hat I have in my avatar, but it didn't like the file??

Any help would be appreciated. Either tell me how to upload the chef's hat or tell me how you all got such great designs!

Thanks!!
Kelly V

Kelly, It depends on the product, but they usually charge $4.95 to upload a design.

Just curious, where are you planning on using the window cling? If it is on a car, I would be careful. I read their installation instructions and it says they are not meant for car windows. This info isn't on the product description page.

I was planning on using it on my car?? Thanks for letting me know I will have to look into that.
I saw someone's on here that was made on Vista and she had it on her back side windows. Looked like a SUV, not sure who it was.

I saw they charged the fee for uploading the photo (well charge you when you finally use it) but I can't for the life of me get it to upload, it tells me it is a bad file??

Kelly V.

Start with a blank template. You can browse art from there to add. They have a nice chef hat. Otherwise many of the templates you can cut stuff out you do not want. I had written out specific instructions on how I did my biz cards a while ago. I will try to find the thread. It will give an idea of the things you can do.

here are the instructions on how I made my buis card

Go down the list and click on the free Prem Buis cards “get started” link
In the search designs box type “yellow sunflower”
Click select design on the one with the big yellow flower with the blue background. It was right at the top for me.
Click on advanced editing (under card sample)
Put your cursor over the buis card, it will come up with options to dbl click or right click. Right click to unlock and resize. Then click “crop”
Resize the box (by holding down your left mouse button over a corner of the box) till all that is inside the box is blue background. Click “OK”
Click the box (to the top right of the card) that says “ “add image
Click the “search our image library” link
Type chef hat into the search box
One of the images will be 4 chef hats in a row, click that one
You will have to crop this like before. Drag the box so it is tight around 1 of the hats/whisk. Click “OK”

You can resize and move the hat around wherever you like
You can also now add your info. You can change font style, size and color by highlighting the text in the box and then selecting from the menu above the card.
The boxes with the text can also be resized and moved around.
Make sure you hit the “save for later” button (lower left under Optionally you can tab) every now and then.

here is my card:

Attachments

• new buis card.JPG
    new buis card.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:
Quick question....do these banners come with grommets, or do you have to order the adhesives?

Also, do you mind if snag your design? :D

Just remember that we are supposed to put the registered trademark symbol (®) after TPC.

Oooh the car magnet has several chef hat designs AND an apron!I hope i don't get this addiction :p

ButterflyVioletta said:
Oooh the car magnet has several chef hat designs AND an apron!

I hope i don't get this addiction ;p

I will pray that we didn't pass it on to you. I'm definitely addicted. I'm going to have to go to VistaPrint annonymous!

Just curious...how much information do you feel comfortable including on the car magnet/cling...I feel so iffy sharing my details yet I do understand that is the point...Basically I am thinking I need to include my name and phone number. That ought to be great the next time someone on the beltway gets road rage....

I put on my name, phone number and web address. And right now I have it on the side... I'm a little nervous about putting it on the back right now.

chefann said:
Just remember that we are supposed to put the registered trademark symbol (®) after TPC.

Care to share which keyboard strokes make this symbol?

sk8rgrrl99 said:
I will pray that we didn't pass it on to you. I'm definitely addicted. I'm going to have to go to VistaPrint annonymous!

Wow this IS addicting! I should get my kids in on this, they would have a blast designing things!

How 'bout praying I make enough to pay for all of this! :D

ButterflyVioletta said:
Wow this IS addicting! I should get my kids in on this, they would have a blast designing things!How 'bout praying I make enough to pay for all of this! :D
OMG! Don't pay for any of it, unless it's a couple of bucks to get the backs printed in color... sign up for their emails and you'll get 4-5 a week with free offers.This page has freebies on tote bags, premium business cards, postcards, flyers, return address labels, and letterhead. It's from the email I got yesterday.
http://ebm.e.vistaprint.com/c/tag/hBKEUSOAZdBOAB7t4zPA-UWmcW9/doc.html?email=

And here's today's offers: http://ebm.e.vistaprint.com/c/tag/hBKEpX-AZdBOAB7t6Z9A-UWmc3B/doc.html?email=There are 14 freebies on that one: prem. biz cards, standard postcards, oversized postcards, brochures, keychains (there's an awareness ribbon one that you can change to pink for a HWC handout), letterhead, T-shirts, flyers, small magnets, large magnets, pens, note cards, rubber stamps, and mouse pads.

chefann said:
OMG! Don't pay for any of it, unless it's a couple of bucks to get the backs printed in color... sign up for their emails and you'll get 4-5 a week with free offers.

This page has freebies on tote bags, premium business cards, postcards, flyers, return address labels, and letterhead. It's from the email I got yesterday.
http://ebm.e.vistaprint.com/c/tag/hBKEUSOAZdBOAB7t4zPA-UWmcW9/doc.html?email=

Ann, I was just trying to be cute but I thank you for sharing, you are a very protective PC mommy and I like that. I do get their newsletters (I ran an accounting firm for 11 years) but never dabbled into advanced design before and I'm having so much fun!

The car magnet small sized is free, but the large one costs a few bucks and I'm ok with that, I like the design and format but I could still stand a few prayers ;)

ButterflyVioletta said:
Just curious...how much information do you feel comfortable including on the car magnet/cling...I feel so iffy sharing my details yet I do understand that is the point...

Basically I am thinking I need to include my name and phone number. That ought to be great the next time someone on the beltway gets road rage....

I do not put my name

Here is my newest magnet...

Attachments

• IMG_1091.JPG
    IMG_1091.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 310
chefann said:
And here's today's offers: http://ebm.e.vistaprint.com/c/tag/hBKEpX-AZdBOAB7t6Z9A-UWmc3B/doc.html?email=

There are 14 freebies on that one: prem. biz cards, standard postcards, oversized postcards, brochures, keychains (there's an awareness ribbon one that you can change to pink for a HWC handout), letterhead, T-shirts, flyers, small magnets, large magnets, pens, note cards, rubber stamps, and mouse pads.

Great, now I have more playing to do! Can you tell baby is napping today?

How do I attach a thumbnail as others have done?

If the picture is on your computer, in the post message pane go to manage attachemnts then browse your computer click on it and upload.

Save the preview of the item on your computer, then upload it as an attachment. If you want it to just show up as a full-size image, then you need to upload it to a picture sharing service (like Photobucket or Picasa) first.

Here's how I had fun today, in case anyone is seeking designs. I decided to do more "food" imaging than the chef's hat as it turned out....

Attachments

• car magnet.aspx.jpg
    car magnet.aspx.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 454
I love you girls! = )

Adding my 2 cents....I'm ULTRA paranoid so I do not list my phone number on the magnets. I simply list my website and services offered on the car magnet....I worked in Crisis Intervention at The Rape Crisis Center, and it's amazing what some people are willing to do and how easy it is for Pedophiles and others to harm with just a little too much info.

PamperChefCarol said:
Ok, here's my banner.

Ok...I would love to make this banner, but I can't get the "dots" in the banners. Where did you find it? Size, etc?

The banner from Merrill , well, let's just say I wasted my money! You can barely read it (light blue with White lettering?? Who thought of THAT color combination? And where did the light blue come from?)

Hi I'm Starr, I'm also an addict! :cry: Here are some of my latest creations.

Attachments

• PC Business Cards.jpg
    PC Business Cards.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 580
  • Outlet Savings Notepad.jpg
    Outlet Savings Notepad.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 423
  • Help Whip Cancer Postcard.jpg
    Help Whip Cancer Postcard.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 507
  • Cook's Reference Magnets.jpg
    Cook's Reference Magnets.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 382
  • Frequent Shopper Card.jpg
    Frequent Shopper Card.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 388
And some more..... I have more, but I don't want to appear to crazy! lol:D

Attachments

• PC Postcard.jpg
    PC Postcard.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 381
  • PC Postits.jpg
    PC Postits.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 343
Starr - where did you get the picture of the TTA for your business card???

Love it!

It's just so much fun!! I love your frequest shopper card Starr!

Just wow. So glad I showed my stupid magnet! :DSeriously Starr, this is why I often don't even try to be creative, it's just not in my brain.OK CS...surely there is a way to have a group account? Starr's post-its and notepad alone make me nuts, and the postcard with the coupon? I HAVE to have these.Starr, check your spelling on "Clearance"

Question- has anyone gotten the VistaPrint banner? I noticed it says "indoor vinyl". What does that mean? Will it stand being outside? I don't like the Merrill banner so was thinking of getting one from Vista...but if the first rainy day will ruin it, why bother?And yes- Starr, where did you get the image of the TTA for that business card!?

esavvymom said:
Question- has anyone gotten the VistaPrint banner? I noticed it says "indoor vinyl". What does that mean? Will it stand being outside? I don't like the Merrill banner so was thinking of getting one from Vista...but if the first rainy day will ruin it, why bother?

And yes- Starr, where did you get the image of the TTA for that business card!?

Yes I have one. I would say it is on the thin side. I didn't pay for the extra binding. I did buy the plastic hangers. You have to put them on yourself.

Hope that helps.

Love the Tool Turn About! Where did you find that to use???

Kelly V.

etteluap70PC said:
I do not put my name

Here is my newest magnet...

That is terrific!

You really have to be aware of how VistaPrint works with pricing. Yesterday, I created 6 different things....ALL but one came up as "FREE". THe one that wasn't was a Medium Banner- upgraded to the Outdoor Vinyl. So it was $100 worth of stuff and I was only getting charged $19 and some change. I logged in today with Today's "SPECIAL!" and the price jumped to $50+ owed. So I started logging into my account with a few other "Special" emails that I received earlier- each one came back with a different Price. Fortunately, I found the "Free Banner" email and that got me back to my $19 total and the rest free. Just kills me. They hope you won't pay attention and realize this trick- so consider yourself educated if you are new to VistaPrint! :D (Plus, if you leave items in your cart long enough without checking out, you're bound to get the "Special" email come along that makes you happy. Just be patient! I still want to know about that Tool-Turn-About image Starr used! *Starr- upload JUST the TTA jpg image on here so we can snag it and upload to Vistaprint maybe? I'm assuming that's what you did, since it's obviously PC items in there*I do use my name- I figure I have to give it to them if I'm doing business, right? I do not put my home number (which is unlisted anyway) only my cell, and never any city/address info on anything. Besides- my first name is in my PWS and Email. So at the very least- I'd use my first name.

<h2>1. How can I resist the temptation of constantly designing and purchasing from Vistaprint?</h2><p>One way to resist the temptation is to set a budget for yourself and stick to it. You can also limit the amount of time you spend on the website and find other activities to occupy your time. Additionally, try to focus on the practicality and necessity of each purchase rather than getting caught up in the excitement of designing.</p><h2>2. Are there any tips for designing effective marketing materials on Vistaprint for Pampered Chef?</h2><p>Yes, it's important to keep your branding consistent and use high-quality images that represent your brand. Also, consider the target audience and choose designs and colors that will appeal to them. Don't overcrowd the design and make sure to include all necessary information clearly.</p><h2>3. Can I get a discount on Vistaprint for my Pampered Chef marketing materials?</h2><p>Unfortunately, as an independent consultant for Pampered Chef, we do not have any deals or partnerships with Vistaprint. However, they often have sales and promotions, so keep an eye out for those to save some money on your purchases.</p><h2>4. How can I make sure my Pampered Chef materials stand out on Vistaprint?</h2><p>To make your materials stand out, try to incorporate unique and eye-catching designs. You can also use special finishes such as embossing or foil to add a touch of elegance. Additionally, make sure to proofread your materials before finalizing your order to ensure they are error-free and professional.</p><h2>5. Will using Vistaprint for my Pampered Chef materials affect my business in any way?</h2><p>No, using Vistaprint for your materials will not have any negative impact on your business. In fact, it can be a convenient and cost-effective way to create professional-looking marketing materials. Just make sure to adhere to Pampered Chef's branding guidelines and use the materials to promote your business in a positive and ethical manner.</p>

1. How can I resist the temptation of constantly designing and purchasing from Vistaprint?

One way to resist the temptation is to set a budget for yourself and stick to it. You can also limit the amount of time you spend on the website and find other activities to occupy your time. Additionally, try to focus on the practicality and necessity of each purchase rather than getting caught up in the excitement of designing.

2. Are there any tips for designing effective marketing materials on Vistaprint for Pampered Chef?

Yes, it's important to keep your branding consistent and use high-quality images that represent your brand. Also, consider the target audience and choose designs and colors that will appeal to them. Don't overcrowd the design and make sure to include all necessary information clearly.

3. Can I get a discount on Vistaprint for my Pampered Chef marketing materials?

Unfortunately, as an independent consultant for Pampered Chef, we do not have any deals or partnerships with Vistaprint. However, they often have sales and promotions, so keep an eye out for those to save some money on your purchases.

4. How can I make sure my Pampered Chef materials stand out on Vistaprint?

To make your materials stand out, try to incorporate unique and eye-catching designs. You can also use special finishes such as embossing or foil to add a touch of elegance. Additionally, make sure to proofread your materials before finalizing your order to ensure they are error-free and professional.

5. Will using Vistaprint for my Pampered Chef materials affect my business in any way?

No, using Vistaprint for your materials will not have any negative impact on your business. In fact, it can be a convenient and cost-effective way to create professional-looking marketing materials. Just make sure to adhere to Pampered Chef's branding guidelines and use the materials to promote your business in a positive and ethical manner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hoosierchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedpsalmstress
  • robynlynn007
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
robynlynn007
  • Kitchen Diva