• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

soTonight I Had a Show and Drove About 45 Min Away to Get There, I

In summary, the hostess was very angry with Chris because he showed up to her show last minute and because he re-wrote her show for next week.
pampered.chris
Gold Member
So tonight I had a show and drove about 45 min away to get there, I had regular contact w/ the hostess even today she and I emailed about tonight. So I get to her general vicinity and I can't find her house, so I call her. Her daughter answers and I tell her I am lost and she says, "I think you need to talk to my mom. " The girl is 18+ and I am thinking, do you not know how to get home, why can't you give me directions? The Hostess gets on the phone and asks me "What are you doing over here?" I was like, well I am trying to find your house but I can't seem to find it. She then informs me that her show isn't until next week?! :eek: SINCE WHEN????

She then says= "I don't know how YOU could have messed this up. I can't believe that I have to call all these people to tell them thatYOU messed up the date of the party and that it is next week". Um...what?! I mentioned that if HO calls that she can't win now. She tells me "No, that is next week that that promo is happening that is why I booked for NEXT tuesday." I said, "No, I am sorry, that is TONIGHT". I said that I was very sorry for the confusion and she said sorry that I drove all that way w/ the price of gas and I was just so MAD I couldn't stay on the phone any longer. :mad:

So I get away from her house (which I do know where it is now) and call a friend and Vent on her. She was mad too. She was shocked that the hostess blames me for the wrong date. I was so frustrated. I know that "Customer knows best", but still. I did re-write down her show for next Tuesday and mentioned that she is lucky that I do have that date available to which she gave a nice snort too. I had half a mind to tell her I was booked and that she would have to find another date all together.

So needless to say, if she did get called tonight I will even be more upset.
Sorry this is so long, I just needed to vent.

Re: Frustrated--VENT---LONG!!!Oh no! What a bummer. That's a good reason to consider sending out the invites yourself. If she did get called I'm sure you'll hear from her and she will blame you for messing things up. Mistakes happen. Hopefully she will laugh it off and have a great show next week.

Re: Frustrated--VENT---LONG!!!Chris, I'm so sorry. It is amazing how many stories of simply rude, hurtful and angry hosts, etc that we are reading about here on CS. It really saddens me!

I feel just terrible that you had to go through that, and are there any parts of those emails that you kept from her today that say something like "See you tonight?"

Hugs to you for a discouraging night- and I hope she is very nice to you next week. It's hard to do a show for a pill!

Re: Frustrated--VENT---LONG!!!
JAE said:
Oh no! What a bummer. That's a good reason to consider sending out the invites yourself. If she did get called I'm sure you'll hear from her and she will blame you for messing things up. Mistakes happen. Hopefully she will laugh it off and have a great show next week.

I send out the invites myself. She handed some out at work and I mailed out about 25 so she was mad that she would have to call everyone.

Kitchen Diva said:
Chris, I'm so sorry. It is amazing how many stories of simply rude, hurtful and angry hosts, etc that we are reading about here on CS. It really saddens me!

I feel just terrible that you had to go through that, and are there any parts of those emails that you kept from her today that say something like "See you tonight?"

Hugs to you for a discouraging night- and I hope she is very nice to you next week. It's hard to do a show for a pill!

Thanks!! I haven't even had the chance to look at her emails to me, I just came in from being on the porch. Two of my neighbors are really good friends of mine and they came over when they saw I was home early to make sure everything was alright so we made mixed drinks and have been outside since 7pm. LOL!! I am a bit tipsy right now. LOL

Are you ready for this? She is a Direct Salesperson as well. Doesn't that just top the cake. I think the majority of "bad" hostesses/customers that have been discussed lately are DS or have been DS people. Terrible!!

Re: Frustrated--VENT---LONG!!!Bless your heart. I mean you would have thought she would go ahead with the show. Send her grown daughter to get a few things at the store.

Re: Frustrated--VENT---LONG!!!Wow! I really don't know what to say!

Re: Frustrated--VENT---LONG!!!I don't know what to say either! Just glad to hear these stories so I can be prepared in the future!

gothim0802 said:
Bless your heart. I mean you would have thought she would go ahead with the show. Send her grown daughter to get a few things at the store.

I had asked her if she was able to. She gave about 10 excuses and was very rude.
I am just very shocked about the entire thing!! I think God gave me little "hints" that I should triple check w/ this hostess right before I left my house, but I didn't listen to them. I figured everything was alright.

Re: Frustrated--VENT---LONG!!!That is just, well odd...I hope next Tuesday is somewhat profitable for you after all that chaos.I'd still mark down your miles and record them for this show when you do taxes...

Re: Frustrated--VENT---LONG!!!sounds like she had a major brain lapse on this one...fixed the dates wrong in her head so that what you were saying didn't compute. she was probably mad at herself and took it out on you.

i agree with janet to record the miles anyway.

good luck tuesday!

Re: Frustrated--VENT---LONG!!!I forgot to mention I usually do call my hosts the day of the show. I learned that from Tom Marston (sp?). I always call and ask if there is anything they would like me to pick up for them. They always seem very happy I call and they never have me pick anything up.

Re: Frustrated--VENT---LONG!!!So wonder how many of the guest showed up tonight anyway? She probably needs a few more calls; what if she decides it isn't next Tues. either? When you talk to her next tell her you will be more than happy to call all her guests to tell them the show will take place next Tues.

Re: Frustrated--VENT---LONG!!!I'm so sorry Chris, hope it all works out for you in the end!

Re: Frustrated--VENT---LONG!!!Hey, if you need it, I offer a great ankle-kicking service. ;)

raebates said:
Hey, if you need it, I offer a great ankle-kicking service. ;)

I am better about it today...but I may take you up on that!!

She did send me an email last night. She said she still doesn't know how I messed up the dates!! AAAAGGGGHHHH...I KNOW that everything we discussed revolved around the booking blitz, which is NOT next week. So we'll see how this goes and if she "drops it" and then if not, I may be paying for your services!!! LOL!!

Re: Frustrated--VENT---LONG!!!Well you are handling yourself very graciously! It would be very easy to tell her, "Look- I'm human and we all make mistakes...maybe I didn't mess up, maybe you did!"

So kudo's to you for being so kind about it! :)

Re: Frustrated--VENT---LONG!!!I work cheap. I do it for the fulfillment. :)

raebates said:
I work cheap. I do it for the fulfillment. :)

LOL!!! You are so funny!! Thanks for making me laugh!!

Watch I will be doing the show next week and thinking...don't p!ss me off or I'll send Rae after you!! LOL!! I think it will help me laugh!!

Kitchen Diva said:
Well you are handling yourself very graciously! It would be very easy to tell her, "Look- I'm human and we all make mistakes...maybe I didn't mess up, maybe you did!"

So kudo's to you for being so kind about it! :)

I hope to handle this graciously. I want so badly to say "Oh yeah, I drove over here tonight for the fun of it, just wanted to play a game of see how clean your house is..."

Oh well, the whole pointing fingers thing to place blame bothers me. I know that I wrote down the date that we discussed, I am sorry if I said something that confused her. But don't try to place blame. It was an accident, a mess up, no big deal. Get over it and move one.

We are all young, we'll adjust!!

LOL!!

pampered.chris said:
I hope to handle this graciously. I want so badly to say "Oh yeah, I drove over here tonight for the fun of it, just wanted to play a game of see how clean your house is..."

Oh well, the whole pointing fingers thing to place blame bothers me. I know that I wrote down the date that we discussed, I am sorry if I said something that confused her. But don't try to place blame. It was an accident, a mess up, no big deal. Get over it and move one.

We are all young, we'll adjust!!

LOL!!
Speak for yourself, I'm getting old and stiff! :) LOL

Have a good night, Chris...

Re: Frustrated--VENT---LONG!!!That is such a nightmare - sorry you drove all the way out the hosts house.

I'm nervous that I will screw up a date, so I host coach by post card and put the date & time of the show on the post card, so we both have it in writing. I actually did forget to put a show on my calendar, but I had been sending the host-coaching post cards I made when she booked her show. The host called me the day before her show to ask what groceries she needed to get for her show the next day... GULP! If it hadn't been for those post cards, we probably BOTH would have forgotten about her show, LOL.

Re: Frustrated--VENT---LONG!!!Looking forward to finding out if she "forgets" again next Tuesday. Do you have her guest list to call and ask everyone to come? Hopefully if people showed up at her house, she got orders from them!

Related to soTonight I Had a Show and Drove About 45 Min Away to Get There, I

1. How can I find a Pampered Chef consultant near me?

You can easily find a Pampered Chef consultant near you by visiting our website and using the "Find a Consultant" tool. Simply enter your zip code and a list of consultants in your area will appear.

2. Can I host a Pampered Chef party at my home?

Yes, you can host a Pampered Chef party at your home! Our consultants are happy to bring our products and cooking demonstrations to your home for a fun and personalized party experience.

3. What types of products does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen products, from cookware and bakeware to kitchen tools and accessories. We also offer solutions for meal planning and meal prep.

4. How can I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

If you love cooking and sharing your passion with others, becoming a Pampered Chef consultant may be a great fit for you! You can learn more about the process and requirements on our website or by contacting a consultant near you.

5. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party comes with many benefits, including earning free and discounted products, learning new recipes and cooking techniques, and having a fun and interactive experience with your friends and family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • kittychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies