• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did I Get Charged for a Missing Crock?

or, better yet, write a letter.Dear Ms. Woldeit,I am writing today with regards to the missing crock that was ordered by my neighbor, Julie. According to your records, the crock was in fact ordered and was supposed to ship with the order that my neighbor placed on your website on March 3rd. However, upon investigation, it was discovered that the crock was not actually shipped and was deleted from the order as it was out of stock. This information was not disclosed to my neighbor when she placed her order and she was charged for the crock even though it was not actually delivered.I was extremely frustrated with the customer service I received when I called to inquire about this issue. I was on the
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I posted this on another thread, but for background I need to repost it here:

This customer happened to be my neighbor, so when she got her order, she came over to ask me about it. She ordered the platter & knife set, the ddb lid, and the bread crock. The bread crock did not come, and it wasn't on the packing list. I checked online, and on the shipping page, it showed that the bread crock was in the order to be shipped, but on my IPT, it wasn't there. Even stranger was that the amount she was being charged for the remaining 2 items (According to my commissionable sales on IPT) did not equal any combination of the items ordered, with or without her host discount.

I called HO - and the customer (non) service rep did her best to just get me off the phone as quickly as possible. First, she said - "Oh, well it is out of stock so it was deleted from her order." I asked her why it was still on my website, and on the PC Website as available, and her response was that she must have ordered it before the website was updated, and it was not in stock then. I told her that the crock was on there before the update, however, the customer had ordered after the update - so that couldn't be the problem. I then pointed out to her the discrepancy in what was being charged, and she said "oh, we just gave her a little extra discount I guess"...like that was an answer that I should be satisfied with!

She really tried to get me off the phone without putting in an adjustment for the crock - and was quite ticked off when I insisted that my customer wanted the crock, and if it was still available that an adjustment needed to be made so that she could get it. She was then going to charge her the $6.75 in shipping again to ship the crock, and was audibly doing heavy sighing when I asked if the shipping could be waived since it was an adjustment to an order she had already placed. Her last words to me were (and this is said in a rude, snippy tone) "I am not going to guarantee that she will get it - it still might not ship." Which then had me concerned that she wouldn't do the adjustment right. Now, we just wait to see if Julie gets her crock.

This whole time, my neighbor was sitting next to me, listening to this conversation. I was doing my best to be calm and professional....and the customer service rep was being anything but that. What if my neighbor had been the one to make the call instead of me? Would she have gotten the same run around and attitude? When I got off the phone, her comment was "Wow - I can't believe it was that much trouble just to find out about a missing crock!"

The follow up to this is that I then got an email that said this:

Dear Becky,

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. Item 1420 ordered by Julie StXXXX is not available and we did do C/A for $7.42 for that item.

Marlies Woldeit
Solution Center Representative
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

And today - FedEx delivered the Crock to her.:eek::grumpy: Now, the amount had been credited to her card, but then was charged to my debit card. The amount was taken away from my commissionable sales, and also from my incentive points.

I still think the rep I talked to on the phone had a bee in her bonnet, and was just being difficult to be difficult.....so I'm not really sure what to do or who to talk to. I want to be credited for the sale, and want the incentive points (plus - with the 2 shows I'm submitting this week, it puts me over $1500 for the It's In The Bag deal!).

What do you think is the best way to get my $ and points back? Should I call Career Solutions about this?

I'd get on the phone right away and explain everything that happened. Do you have the name of the "customer service" person you dealt with the other day? I would explain everything matter-of-factly, express frustration and bewilderment, but try to not be angry (which can be very tempting). I wonder if they'll credit your card and eat the difference that they credited to your customer, instead of charging her again. What a headache and inconvenience. Hopefully they'll get it squared away. Keep us posted on how it goes! :)

I agree with Amanda, I would call.

Absolutely CALL - and talk to a supervisor - have all your information in front of you -

Whenever I call HO - I always write the time I call - (from my computer) the person I spoke with and the date - when something is resolved, I wait a week or so then throw the information out.

Becky, call customer service and talk with a SUPERVISOR. Make her listen to the whole thing.

I just had an encounter about my dots glasses with someone there too! :yuck: Long story short. They came broken and the beaded spoon was defective. (#2 call) I called after a while to find out why they hadn't shipped and I was told to ask to have the 2 items separated into two different reference #'s so that I would get the spoon sooner. Red flag: I got two spoons - and called to make sure they still had the glasses on there. She had put the spoon on BOTH references. #3 operator said "it's taken care of". I got a call slip today for pickup of the glasses that I was told to throw away a month ago. I called and yada, yada, yada... Operator #4 kept arguing with me about what was on the slip until I asked her to please let me explain from the start and please look at the references to my director package. Then she understood. Well, the glasses are still on back order and will be sent in order - even though I did my adjustment the day I got the broken ones I will get mine after all those that ordered samples after that because the NEW reference date is later. Whatever. At least I will get them and they told me to keep the extra spoon for my trouble. - okay so it wasn't so short. :rolleyes:

I have made 4 calls so far because my glasses arrived broken and they don't seem to get it right yet - My guess is that they're training new people and they don't have it right yet.

ChefBeckyD said:
I posted this on another thread, but for background I need to repost it here:

This customer happened to be my neighbor, so when she got her order, she came over to ask me about it. She ordered the platter & knife set, the ddb lid, and the bread crock. The bread crock did not come, and it wasn't on the packing list. I checked online, and on the shipping page, it showed that the bread crock was in the order to be shipped, but on my IPT, it wasn't there. Even stranger was that the amount she was being charged for the remaining 2 items (According to my commissionable sales on IPT) did not equal any combination of the items ordered, with or without her host discount.

I called HO - and the customer (non) service rep did her best to just get me off the phone as quickly as possible. First, she said - "Oh, well it is out of stock so it was deleted from her order." I asked her why it was still on my website, and on the PC Website as available, and her response was that she must have ordered it before the website was updated, and it was not in stock then. I told her that the crock was on there before the update, however, the customer had ordered after the update - so that couldn't be the problem. I then pointed out to her the discrepancy in what was being charged, and she said "oh, we just gave her a little extra discount I guess"...like that was an answer that I should be satisfied with!

She really tried to get me off the phone without putting in an adjustment for the crock - and was quite ticked off when I insisted that my customer wanted the crock, and if it was still available that an adjustment needed to be made so that she could get it. She was then going to charge her the $6.75 in shipping again to ship the crock, and was audibly doing heavy sighing when I asked if the shipping could be waived since it was an adjustment to an order she had already placed. Her last words to me were (and this is said in a rude, snippy tone) "I am not going to guarantee that she will get it - it still might not ship." Which then had me concerned that she wouldn't do the adjustment right. Now, we just wait to see if Julie gets her crock.

This whole time, my neighbor was sitting next to me, listening to this conversation. I was doing my best to be calm and professional....and the customer service rep was being anything but that. What if my neighbor had been the one to make the call instead of me? Would she have gotten the same run around and attitude? When I got off the phone, her comment was "Wow - I can't believe it was that much trouble just to find out about a missing crock!"

The follow up to this is that I then got an email that said this:

Dear Becky,

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. Item 1420 ordered by Julie StXXXX is not available and we did do C/A for $7.42 for that item.

Marlies Woldeit
Solution Center Representative
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

And today - FedEx delivered the Crock to her.:eek::grumpy: Now, the amount had been credited to her card, but then was charged to my debit card. The amount was taken away from my commissionable sales, and also from my incentive points.

I still think the rep I talked to on the phone had a bee in her bonnet, and was just being difficult to be difficult.....so I'm not really sure what to do or who to talk to. I want to be credited for the sale, and want the incentive points (plus - with the 2 shows I'm submitting this week, it puts me over $1500 for the It's In The Bag deal!).

What do you think is the best way to get my $ and points back? Should I call Career Solutions about this?

Becky - talk to your director and have her contact the Sales Manager we are under. Jen should have that or I can get it for you. She should hear about this situation and deal with it for you. This is a Solution Center employee issue I believe and our Sales Managers should know about it to talk to the supervisors and help us out.

I had a new guy on the phone last night. Started out rough, but I stayed polite and told him I'd wait while he went and checked on an answer for me. :)

BethCooks4U said:
Becky, call customer service and talk with a SUPERVISOR. Make her listen to the whole thing.

I just had an encounter about my dots glasses with someone there too! :yuck: Long story short. They came broken and the beaded spoon was defective. (#2 call) I called after a while to find out why they hadn't shipped and I was told to ask to have the 2 items separated into two different reference #'s so that I would get the spoon sooner. Red flag: I got two spoons - and called to make sure they still had the glasses on there. She had put the spoon on BOTH references. #3 operator said "it's taken care of". I got a call slip today for pickup of the glasses that I was told to throw away a month ago. I called and yada, yada, yada... Operator #4 kept arguing with me about what was on the slip until I asked her to please let me explain from the start and please look at the references to my director package. Then she understood. Well, the glasses are still on back order and will be sent in order - even though I did my adjustment the day I got the broken ones I will get mine after all those that ordered samples after that because the NEW reference date is later. Whatever. At least I will get them and they told me to keep the extra spoon for my trouble. - okay so it wasn't so short. :rolleyes:

I have made 4 calls so far because my glasses arrived broken and they don't seem to get it right yet - My guess is that they're training new people and they don't have it right yet.

I'd agree...that's why I'd have my director contact the Sales Manager with all the information to handle it. The supervisors must be going crazy right now handling a multitude of things.

There's also the new system they just implemented for cust. svc. reps, too. Just like anyone learning something new when it's different from what they're used to, the reps are probably fighting with the new system to get things done. But Becky's issue goes way beyond not knowing what buttons to push in the software. Yikes!

Ugh, Becky, this stinks. I would call the Solution Center and talk to a supervisor there. This isn't really under the purview of the Sales Managers. I would, however, share this with your upline executive. I know once when I had a problem with being shipped the wrong supplies, my NED helped me out. I think things are further complicated by the stop sells, backorders, etc. I called on my Bamboo Bowl yesterday and the rep sounded quite exasperated.

DebbieJ said:
Ugh, Becky, this stinks. I would call the Solution Center and talk to a supervisor there. This isn't really under the purview of the Sales Managers. I would, however, share this with your upline executive. I know once when I had a problem with being shipped the wrong supplies, my NED helped me out.

I think things are further complicated by the stop sells, backorders, etc. I called on my Bamboo Bowl yesterday and the rep sounded quite exasperated.

My ED always advises us to tell her issues like this because the Sales Managers DO act as liaisons for us with the other departments especially when things are busy.

1. What should I do if my order has not arrived yet?

If your order has not arrived within the estimated delivery window, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-342-2433 or email us at [email protected]. We will be happy to assist you in tracking your package and resolving any shipping issues.

2. Can I change the shipping address for my order?

If your order has not yet been processed for shipping, we may be able to make changes to the shipping address. Please contact our customer service team at 1-800-342-2433 or email us at [email protected] to request a change in shipping address. Please note that additional charges may apply for address changes.

3. What happens if my package is lost or damaged during shipping?

In the rare event that your package is lost or damaged during shipping, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-342-2433 or email us at [email protected]. We will work with our shipping partners to file a claim and ensure that you receive a replacement or refund for the lost or damaged items.

4. Why was I charged additional shipping fees for my order?

Additional shipping fees may apply for orders shipping to remote or rural areas, or for orders that require expedited shipping. If you have any questions or concerns about shipping fees, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-342-2433 or email us at [email protected].

5. Can I cancel my order if I no longer want it shipped?

If your order has not yet been processed for shipping, we may be able to cancel your order. Please contact our customer service team at 1-800-342-2433 or email us at [email protected] to request a cancellation. Please note that once an order has been processed for shipping, it cannot be cancelled.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Eftilly
Replies
Views
prepchef
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies