• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Lost Money on My Show Today :(

In summary, the conversation was about a person who drove 120 miles round-trip for a show and ended up scraping the side of their brand new minivan in the hostesses parking garage, resulting in all their earnings going towards repairing the damage. However, they chose to focus on the positive aspects of the day, such as their successful sales and booking, as well as their helpful spouse and a delicious meal. Despite the setback, the person was able to find the silver lining and credits their positive attitude to a previous post about The Secret.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I drove 120 miles round-trip for this show.
Sales are at 675.
Not bad, right?:confused:
Well, except for the fact that I scraped up the side of my brand new minivan (thru all layers of paint right down to the metal) in the hostesses parking garage.:cry:
So...every penny I made will be going to repair the damage on my car. :cry:

But...since we are changing attitudes around here today (THANK YOU for posting about The Secret and giving me the reminder I needed)...I am going to focus on the POSITIVE things that happened at today's show.

They LOVED the recipe and the products.

At the show was one of my newest recruits ... she will be taking all the shows in that area from now on so I won't have to drive 100+ miles round trip anymore (I LOVE HER!)

My new recruit, Liz, was SO great at the show. Enthusiastic, funny, knowledgeable about the products...and got THREE bookings!! I am so excited to watch her grow in this business!!!

The gal who owed me $ for her bounced check and declined credit card was there. And she gave me the cash for her bounced check AND cash for my bank fees.

I will not only be getting paid commission on this show but also the extra 5% Pampered Chef Dollars as I am already above the $6000 level...so while my comission will be going to repair my car...at least I'll get some extra PC$'s, right?

So...while it started out as a crappy day - I can still find the positive in it...I think...someone pass me some booze, huh?:yuck:

Aw... that sucks, but way to go, looking at the bright side!

chefann said:

You've got to credit Lacy for that. Had I not read her thread first, I'd still be sulking and pouting.
Thanks, Lacy :)

Good for you for finding the silver lining! Kinda sucks about the car though.

Oh, yeah- go make yourself a pitcher of Mojitos and drink them all yourself!!

chefann said:
Oh, yeah- go make yourself a pitcher of Mojitos and drink them all yourself!!

I'm opting for a great big honkin' bowl of White Bean Chicken Chili with loads of shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream on top...

Oh - and lemme add one more positive thing...when I called DH on my way home to tell him what I'd done to my new car and how upset I was....he let me vent a bit and then said "Okay honey...now you called me to tell me you scraped the paint off your car. The hospital didn't call me to tell me to go scrape your body off the highway. You car is just a THING. You are not injured and that's all that matters."
Awwwww...I love him.

dannyzmom said:
Oh - and lemme add one more positive thing...when I called DH on my way home to tell him what I'd done to my new car and how upset I was....he let me vent a bit and then said "Okay honey...now you called me to tell me you scraped the paint off your car. The hospital didn't call me to tell me to go scrape your body off the highway. You car is just a THING. You are not injured and that's all that matters."
Awwwww...I love him.

Well that is the best positive thing!

Sorry about your car. When my previous van was fairly new, I scraped it on a huge cement post in a parking garage. It is just no fun!

dannyzmom said:
Awwwww...I love him.
He sure is a keeper! Congrats on your day, Carolyn. So glad your guest came through with the money and you're okay.

You know, several years ago a post jumped out and hit my new car. ...I swear it wasn't there and then BOOM!

dannyzmom said:
I drove 120 miles round-trip for this show.
Sales are at 675.
Not bad, right?:confused:
Well, except for the fact that I scraped up the side of my brand new minivan (thru all layers of paint right down to the metal) in the hostesses parking garage.:cry:
So...every penny I made will be going to repair the damage on my car. :cry:

But...since we are changing attitudes around here today (THANK YOU for posting about The Secret and giving me the reminder I needed)...I am going to focus on the POSITIVE things that happened at today's show.

They LOVED the recipe and the products.

At the show was one of my newest recruits ... she will be taking all the shows in that area from now on so I won't have to drive 100+ miles round trip anymore (I LOVE HER!)

My new recruit, Liz, was SO great at the show. Enthusiastic, funny, knowledgeable about the products...and got THREE bookings!! I am so excited to watch her grow in this business!!!

The gal who owed me $ for her bounced check and declined credit card was there. And she gave me the cash for her bounced check AND cash for my bank fees.

I will not only be getting paid commission on this show but also the extra 5% Pampered Chef Dollars as I am already above the $6000 level...so while my comission will be going to repair my car...at least I'll get some extra PC$'s, right?

So...while it started out as a crappy day - I can still find the positive in it...I think...someone pass me some booze, huh?:yuck:

Remember Carolyn, there is nothing in life that cannot be covered in chocolate or mixed with booze to make it all better... ;)

Way to go on all the positive things, and don't you just hate how tight a squeeze it is in parking garages? DH hit one of those yellow poles in his Pick-up while turning a corner in a parking ramp...they just don't make them wide enough for today's larger cars. :)

Carolyn, what minivan are you driving?

Back in February my minivan was demolished in an accident. We are now driving the Honday Odyssey. Love it!

ChefLisa said:
Carolyn, what minivan are you driving?

Back in February my minivan was demolished in an accident. We are now driving the Honday Odyssey. Love it!

In February I bought myself a brand new Honda Odyssey. All by myself. No co-signer, no help with the downpayment...nobody but me. First time ever. In the past my parents and Grandpa had bought me cars and then my ex-DH bought all the cars and when we divorced, my Mom helped me with a downpayment on a car. This is my first EVER "all mine" car - so it was really painful to scrape it up :(

I have a 2000 Honda Odyssey and still love it! It doesn't have the really cool stuff the ones now have, but it has over 165,000 miles on it and it just keeps going!

dannyzmom said:
In February I bought myself a brand new Honda Odyssey. All by myself. No co-signer, no help with the downpayment...nobody but me. First time ever. In the past my parents and Grandpa had bought me cars and then my ex-DH bought all the cars and when we divorced, my Mom helped me with a downpayment on a car. This is my first EVER "all mine" car - so it was really painful to scrape it up :(

Congratulations on that! Making a big purchase like that does make you feel so great! Glad you are okay!

chefmeg said:
I have a 2000 Honda Odyssey and still love it! It doesn't have the really cool stuff the ones now have, but it has over 165,000 miles on it and it just keeps going!

That is great to read! The Ford Windstar that was demolished was a 2001. It had about 105,000 miles on it. I was hoping to get 10 years out of it, but there were apparently different plans for me.

chefann said:

My words exactly! :yuck::yuck:

More good news - I forgot there was an outside order for the show..it was in my folder. Just dug it out - the show is now over $700!

Wow, that's not fun!!! Glad to hear that you're ok though...and how nice for your DH to make such a good comment when you needed to hear it most!

Carolyn, am I crazy in thinking that HO provides insurance (taking money out of our commission each month as a standard) and it could apply in this case? I mean, it happened while you were there for a show, so it was a business-related trip...can't it cover you somehow??? Maybe I haven't read all the fine print, but that's what I thought it was there for...

Carolyn, CONGRATS on your positive attitude and your show! That really is awesome!!

By the way, welcome to the Honda Odyssey club! I have a 2004 and LOVE IT!!:D

sklay723 said:
Wow, that's not fun!!! Glad to hear that you're ok though...and how nice for your DH to make such a good comment when you needed to hear it most!

Carolyn, am I crazy in thinking that HO provides insurance (taking money out of our commission each month as a standard) and it could apply in this case? I mean, it happened while you were there for a show, so it was a business-related trip...can't it cover you somehow??? Maybe I haven't read all the fine print, but that's what I thought it was there for...

Nah - I wish it did.
Had I damaged her parking garage, that's be covered. If I burned her countertop, etc. But my car is only going to be covered by my own car insurance.:(

I had a Honda Odyssey - a 2000 and I loved it. Drove it for well over 100,000 miles. DH knows NOTHING about auto maintenance and it was starting to cost. Besides it was too big for me now that we are empty nesters.

I LOVE :love: my (now 1 year old) Toyota Rav4. It's just perfect! :love:

Aww, sorry. I wish that could have been a solution for you!!!

dannyzmom said:
You've got to credit Lacy for that. Had I not read her thread first, I'd still be sulking and pouting.
Thanks, Lacy :)

Aww, you're so welcome:) I'm glad my post helped you.
So sorry about your van; but it sounds like a wonderful show.....and at least you didn't have a wreck & hurt yourself too.
OH, & what a great hubby you have; that was sweet!

What went wrong with my show?

There could be a variety of reasons why you lost money on your show. Some common factors include low attendance, low sales, and not reaching the required minimum sales amount for host rewards.

How can I prevent losing money on future shows?

To prevent losing money on future shows, it's important to properly plan and promote your show. Make sure to invite enough guests, offer incentives for attendees to make purchases, and have a clear understanding of the minimum sales requirements for host rewards.

Can I get a refund for the money I lost?

Unfortunately, we are unable to offer refunds for lost money on shows. However, we are always here to support and provide guidance for future shows to help ensure a successful event.

What should I do if I realize I am not going to meet the minimum sales requirement?

If you are not going to meet the minimum sales requirement, it's important to communicate with your consultant as soon as possible. They may be able to offer suggestions and solutions to help increase sales before the show ends.

Are there any tips for boosting sales during my show?

Yes, there are many ways to boost sales during your show. Some tips include offering special deals or discounts, highlighting popular or new products, and creating a fun and engaging atmosphere for your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pctharper
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
Replies
Views
nene960