• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Just Wanted to Ask if Anyone Else Had the Same Problem I Did...i

Re: DisappointedI would have been very upset if I had not received the confirmation email. I printed out the confirmation page just in case but I didn't have my phone with me. I would have been really mad if I had not been able to attend. I registered at the beginning of January and the money was taken from my checking account. Saturday when I got to Spring Launch they said I did not register and they sent me back home, and would not let me attend. Did anyone else have this happen to them?
LisaFortner
I just wanted to ask if anyone else had the same problem I did...I registered for Spring Launch at the beginning of Jan. The money was taken from my checking account. Saturday when I got to Spring Launch they said I did not register and they sent me back home, and would not let me attend. Did anyone else have this happen to them?

Re: DisappointedSo sorry to hear that happened. I would contact HO for a refund of your payment and ask for them to send the goodie bag to you. Sounds like it was their fault and IMHO they should do at least that much for you. There should have been a way for them to check that at the SL.

Just a thought. Did you perhaps sign up at a different venue by mistake?

Re: DisappointedOMG that is aweful! I would have been so angry! I agree that they should send you the goodie bag and make up for that error!

Re: DisappointedThey called HO & they said that I had never registered. I am calling them this morning.

Re: DisappointedWhen you registered, perhaps it timed out and didn't go through? Did you get a confirmation screen to print out? Did you get the confirmation e-mail? If you did get charged and the money was deducted from your bank, check your bank statement online and do a screen shot saved to your computer and e-mail that to HO.

Re: DisappointedDitto to what Beth and Amanda suggested.

Re: DisappointedIf you didn't get a confirmation email then they never got your registration! I'm so sorry that happened to you! If they took it out of your acct, I'd call Finance first thing and tell them what happened. Let us know what happens!

How far did you have to travel for Launch?

Re: DisappointedI can't believe you were actually sent home! I can't imagine that there wasn't something they could have done on the spot. I know there was no way for them to contact anyone on a Saturday morning to check in with finance but there should have been some way to have written up some sort of agreement and let you attend the training - even if they didn't have a goodie bag to give you on the spot and had to send it out later. And, I'm sure there was someone who didn't show up who would have balanced it out.

Did you travel alone or with someone else? I don't even begin to know how that would even work! I'm so sorry this happened to you. I have NEVER heard of anything like this happening to anyone in the past.

Re: DisappointedI drove 2 hours by myself. I received the confirmation page but I didnt print it because I thought I would get an email. Then I never received an email. I know for a fact that there were people who were registered but didnt show up. Our NE director asked could I come in under the person that wasnt there & they wouldnt allow it. So i was sent packing the 2 hour drive back home.

Re: DisappointedThat's just horrible. :( Sorry you had that happen.

Re: DisappointedOh Lisa, I would have been beyond disappointed, as I am sure you were. Everyone else has stated all that I have thought and would suggest. I drove over 6 hours and spent the night. I am afraid I would have really wigged out.

I also would get your upper level directors involved in this too. They may be able to help you recoup something other than a refund. Let us know how you make out.

Re: DisappointedI would have been very upset. Sorry this happened to you. Piece of advice for the future: Make very sure that you print and carry the registration e-mail, not the registration page it self but it has to be the e-mail confirmation. According to what I remember, it was said that the registration was valid or it would not have generated the e-mail. If you do not get those e-mails, and it should happen rather quickly, call HO immediately as this means there was a problem. They do not exactly tell you any of this though so it is something that has to be remembered on your own. Even if you think you are registered, you may not be as you found out. I do not remember which venue it was but it was the very first Spring Launch. I drove about 2 hours and it was in a hotel near Chicago. My name was not on the table. I asked and they had a list in which my name did not appear. I lucked out though, I printed the registration e-mail. I did not know if I would need it or not as it did not say on the e-mail but I brought it anyway. Boy was I glad I did. After the ladies called someone and I waited a bit, I was allowed in because of that e-mail. Oh and at that time, I was not the only one. I got there and was one of the first so I must have been the first problem. There were if I recall more than 10 of us.

Re: DisappointedWhat did HO say when you called them??

Re: DisappointedYes, were you able to get it figured out and get your money back and some sort of compensation as far as goodies go? You really should if you did get charged for the fee. Got my fingers crossed for you!

Re: DisappointedThe cops would have had to take me away! I have a smart phone with access to my checking. I would have looked up their debit and shown them they charged me. If you do have proof, I would make them pay my gas, mileage and distress! A goodie bag would not cut it for me!

Re: DisappointedWow I am so sorry this happened and honestly quite shocked at the response from PC. I understand that they didn't see your registration, but what would have been the harm in letting you stay to get the information? Even if they didn't give you the goodie bag!

Lesson well learned for all of us! 1) Make sure you get the email! (I never watched for this before, just printed the confirmation page.) 2) Make sure you print the confirmation email or have it on your phone to show them!

Re: Disappointedi've had this happen....NOT with PC....but with something else so i print everything!!!! just in case!
i sure hope it all works out!!!

Re: DisappointedI can't imagine it processing the payment & not the registration. That just sounds weird. Are you 100% SURE the money was deducted?I'd have them apply it to FALL Launch and ask for reserved seating up front. ;)

Re: DisappointedI talked with HO yesterday, and they apologized. Apparently I got timed out, I got my money back but that was all. So I glad I that I was able to get my money back.

Re: DisappointedOMG!:eek: Crazy! I am so sorry this happened! Glad to read you got your money back. I think they should send you the goody bag you would have received! I hope you didn't drive a long way, like many of us did. My launch was 2 hours, and I was with 3 others. I can't imagine what I would have done. Cried for sure!!!

Don't let this discourage you from going after your dream you set out to achieve with your PC biz. Gleen all you can from this site, embrace the new products, and move forward.

Re: DisappointedOh my gosh! I would have gone to the nearest library and printed it out and come back! I too drove 2.5 hours by myself and would have been furious!

Re: DisappointedI only drove 30 min's but hired a sitter. I'd have been pretty upset too. I'd have probaly found a seat right there in the lobby across from the registration table to stare at them while they figured it out. LOL

Re: Disappointed
LisaFortner said:
I talked with HO yesterday, and they apologized. Apparently I got timed out, I got my money back but that was all. So I glad I that I was able to get my money back.

That's it? I mean, if you're happy with that, then I'm happy with that; but I'd like to see you compensated with the goodie bag at least.

Re: DisappointedI don't mean to hijack this thread but I had a similar question. I was all signed up to go to spring launch in Toledo on Saturday, paid my money and everything. I had all intentions of going...until I was admitted into the hospital the day before I was supposed to leave. I emailed the home office to see if I can get a refund but I haven't heard anything back yet. Do you guys think I could get my money back - I even offered to send them a copy of my paperwork.

Sorry for hijacking your thread.

Re: DisappointedOoooohhh ... I hope so. And I would have snagged your goodie bag to send to you had I known. I hope somebody in your group did!

Re: DisappointedI would have just mingled with the crowd and went in when they did. There were people near the doors of the room, but in a crowd they wouldn't have been able to see you didn't have a name tag. It wasn't like you were crashing or trying to get in without paying. I may not have taken a bag though, because I would be afraid they would run out before all the people that were "registered" got theirs and I would feel bad...lol

I all for following the rules, but that is crazy.

Brenda.the.chef said:
That's it? I mean, if you're happy with that, then I'm happy with that; but I'd like to see you compensated with the goodie bag at least.

Ditto! Gas isn't cheap. The drive there, the disappointment, your time, babysitter, etc. Nope, I would expect more. That doesn't seem right to me.

TJMagoo said:
I don't mean to hijack this thread but I had a similar question. I was all signed up to go to spring launch in Toledo on Saturday, paid my money and everything. I had all intentions of going...until I was admitted into the hospital the day before I was supposed to leave. I emailed the home office to see if I can get a refund but I haven't heard anything back yet. Do you guys think I could get my money back - I even offered to send them a copy of my paperwork.

Sorry for hijacking your thread.

I was in the hospital during last years launch and we called HO. They said to get the doctor to write a note that I was hospitalized and fax it. They reimbursed me (no goody bag though). They said that was about the only excuse that they would refund for. I wouldn't wait any longer for an email response. Call!

I hope it wasn't serious and that you recover quickly!

Shawnna said:
I would have just mingled with the crowd and went in when they did. There were people near the doors of the room, but in a crowd they wouldn't have been able to see you didn't have a name tag. It wasn't like you were crashing or trying to get in without paying. I may not have taken a bag though, because I would be afraid they would run out before all the people that were "registered" got theirs and I would feel bad...lol

I all for following the rules, but that is crazy.

Good thought..since I didn't have my nametag on until I got to my seat that probably would have worked for her.

1. What is "I Just Wanted to Ask if Anyone Else Had the Same Problem I Did...i"?

"I Just Wanted to Ask if Anyone Else Had the Same Problem I Did...i" is a online forum where individuals can share their experiences and ask for advice or support regarding any issues they may be facing.

2. How do I join "I Just Wanted to Ask if Anyone Else Had the Same Problem I Did...i"?

To join "I Just Wanted to Ask if Anyone Else Had the Same Problem I Did...i", simply go to the website and create an account using your email address. Once you have an account, you can start posting and interacting with other members.

3. Is there a fee to use "I Just Wanted to Ask if Anyone Else Had the Same Problem I Did...i"?

No, "I Just Wanted to Ask if Anyone Else Had the Same Problem I Did...i" is completely free to use. There are no membership fees or hidden charges.

4. Can I remain anonymous on "I Just Wanted to Ask if Anyone Else Had the Same Problem I Did...i"?

Yes, you have the option to remain anonymous on "I Just Wanted to Ask if Anyone Else Had the Same Problem I Did...i". You can choose a username that does not reveal your real identity and you can also choose not to share personal information in your posts.

5. Is there a limit to the number of posts or comments I can make on "I Just Wanted to Ask if Anyone Else Had the Same Problem I Did...i"?

No, there is no limit to the number of posts or comments you can make on "I Just Wanted to Ask if Anyone Else Had the Same Problem I Did...i". However, we do encourage respectful and relevant contributions to maintain a positive and supportive community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
NooraK
  • BettieC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BettieC
Replies
Views
NooraK