• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Just Have to Tell Y'all About This.the Kat Lady and I Went to

In summary, the conversation is about a couple who went to see the musical Wicked in Chicago on Halloween. They both dressed up in costumes and had a great time. They also discuss other Broadway shows and share photos of their costumes. The conversation also includes a discussion about the book Wicked and its underlying theme of empowering women.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
I just have to tell y'all about this.

The Kat Lady and I went to Chicago on Halloween to see Wicked. (We both read the book for book club a couple of months back.) Since it was Halloween, we decided to go in costume...The Kat Lady wanted to go as Elphaba, and I already had my The Phatom of the Opera costume.

Since there was a thread about wanting to see us, well, here we are!

Elphaba_and_Phantom.jpg

Awesome!! Were there other people in costume? You guys look great!:)

How fun! :):):)

Great picture. Now we know... well that you have a bit of a beard.

How was the show??? Heard rave revues!

Awesome costumes!!

The beard is sheer laziness. What you see there is all the whiskers that grow on my face now. All the other hair follicles got burned out and one morning, while shaving those few remaining whiskers, it occured to me what a collosal waste of time it was to shave - so I let it grow out.As for the rest of the audience - there were several witch hats but only one other Elphaba in green makeup. A couple was dressed in some kind a weird get-up that, I think, was supposed to be Ozian but they looked more like they had escaped from a bad Elton John video. There was a guy in a resplendant Count Dracula tuxedo, complete with white-face makeup, fangs, large medallion and a red sash. His opera cape had a red lining - mine is black - one of the times I wish I would have had it made with a red lining instead of a black lining.I was the only Phantom. And, the Count and I were the only ones wearing tuxedoes.

Did you love it? I loved the book, but haven't yet gotten to see the musical!

On a side note, I'm going to see Rent on Sunday! I'm so excited. :)

Ginger428 said:
How was the show??? Heard rave revues!
It is a wonderful show!

If you visit the official Wicked website, you can see photos of the New York production. There is a clockwork dragon above the stage and it really helps to have read the book to understand the significance of the dragon and the references to clockwork.

While I wouldn't consider any of the music to be the kind of tune that stands out on it's own (like 76 Trombones, Climb Every Mountain, Memories or The Impossible Dream do) the songs and the lyrics are all meaningful and make the experience that much better. Still, the opening number keeps running through my mind today, as does one called No Good Deed Goes Unpunished.

Oh, one more interesting note...if you get a chance to see the play, do so. There is a very strong, underlying theme in the plot line about the empowerment of women. At least, read the book. The same theme runs through the book, too. (I'm reading the sequel, Son of a Witch as we speak.)

Defy gravity!

WOW!! Thanks for all the info, I wonder if I could talk some friends into going downtown to see it. Thanks again!:D

I much preferred the author's other work, Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister. It's the Cinderella story from another point of view.Awesome costumes! Pics of me in mine (I was Carmen Miranda, complete with fruit hat) are at www.michiganlcoc.org -> go to the "Halloween Party 2006" pictures. (OK, I don't remember the exact link, but it's right there on the front page of the site.)

chefann said:
Pics of me in mine (I was Carmen Miranda, complete with fruit hat) are at www.michiganlcoc.org -> go to the "Halloween Party 2006" pictures. (OK, I don't remember the exact link, but it's right there on the front page of the site.)

What a great costume. I love the hat.

The musical is incredible!!
My husband took me to see it for our 1st wedding anniversary!!
We are taking my daughters September 2007!! Can't wait!!
~Becky

chefann said:
I much preferred the author's other work, Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister. It's the Cinderella story from another point of view.QUOTE]

I liked that one too! I really like alternative perpspective stories, like the Mists of Avalon, which is the Arthurian legends from the female persepective.

I've seen Wicked in Chicago twice now. It's a must-see if you are in the area. Great songs, great storyline, and there's humor to be enjoyed! :) I love your costumes--what a fun memory!

Don't miss a single tick!

Wow!! You guys look great!!:)

Glad you had a great time. You both look marvelous!

chefann said:
I much preferred the author's other work, Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister. It's the Cinderella story from another point of view.Awesome costumes! Pics of me in mine (I was Carmen Miranda, complete with fruit hat) are at www.michiganlcoc.org -> go to the "Halloween Party 2006" pictures. (OK, I don't remember the exact link, but it's right there on the front page of the site.)
I look at that photo, and even though Oliver Hardy is right there, too, I hear Carmen singing...You hear a lot of people shouting, "There she goes!"
You see a señorita dressed in flashy clothes,
In Rio de Jeneiro, ev'rybody knows
The lady in the tutti-frutti hat.

Related to I Just Have to Tell Y'all About This.the Kat Lady and I Went to

1. What is "I Just Have to Tell Y'all About This.the Kat Lady and I Went to"?

"I Just Have to Tell Y'all About This.the Kat Lady and I Went to" is a cooking event hosted by Pampered Chef. It is an opportunity for guests to learn about our products, try out new recipes, and have a fun time with friends and family.

2. Who is the Kat Lady?

The Kat Lady is a Pampered Chef consultant who will be leading the event. She is an experienced cook and product expert who will be demonstrating recipes and answering any questions you may have about our products.

3. How do I attend "I Just Have to Tell Y'all About This.the Kat Lady and I Went to"?

To attend the event, you can either host your own party or attend as a guest at someone else's party. You can contact your local Pampered Chef consultant to schedule a party or find out about upcoming events in your area.

4. What can I expect at "I Just Have to Tell Y'all About This.the Kat Lady and I Went to"?

At the event, you can expect to learn about Pampered Chef products, watch cooking demonstrations, and sample delicious food. You will also have the opportunity to purchase products and earn rewards for hosting or attending the event.

5. Can I bring friends to "I Just Have to Tell Y'all About This.the Kat Lady and I Went to"?

Yes, of course! The more, the merrier. You can invite friends, family, coworkers, or anyone who loves cooking or is interested in learning more about Pampered Chef products. It's a great opportunity to have a fun and informative gathering with your loved ones.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • erinyourpclady