• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Else Watching?I Don't Really Give a Rip One Way or Another,

In summary, Jon Stewart's show was not funny and Tammy found it amusing. Helen Mirren looked good. Rae thought the best part was the comedic moments.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Anyone else watching?

I don't really give a rip one way or another, but since The Kat Lady wants to watch for cultural literacy reasons, it's on.

Is it just me, or is Jon Stewart about as funny as a backed up basement drain? A couple of the political jokes were mildly amusing, one was in incredibly bad taste but most of them were awful. I'm underwhelmed by him.

Can't watch it - the only person I care about is Ellen Page - Juno was amazing. :)

My DH REFUSES to have it on in the house! He's off watching some SciFi thing...I let the kids watch "Miss Congeniality" and now I'm TRYING to get them to settle for bed...

I'm watching - and Jon Stewart is more than awful.

We watched No Reservations, again. Now, I'm watching, sort of, Law and Order. Nobody here wants to watch Oscar. I do hope Juno wins every category it's nominated for.

We have it on, but I'm paying more attention to Chef Success. I haven't seen 99.9% of the films nominated, so I don't even know what the heck is what.

I'm watching, but mostly just to see the outfits!!

I just turned it on....caught the sound awards, which was cool. DH used to work as a sound guy on movies and was actually part of an Oscar winning team in 2000 (we lived in LA for 6 years). So we had a good laugh when Kevin O'Connell was snubbed again, which means nothing to any of you, I'm sure.....Now I'm putting laundry away, uh huh, yeah, that's what I'm doing..... ;)

DebbieJ said:
So we had a good laugh when Kevin O'Connell was snubbed again, which means nothing to any of you, I'm sure.....

I saw a profile on him on ABC news right before the Baba Wawa special. What a shame he was snubbed again. It was his 20th nomination, for those who didn't see the piece or know that. Maybe he needs to change his name to Susan Lucci!

As for Jon Stewart, I find him SO funny! He was the main reason I watched the show from the beginning. He always cracks me up. I love his arcane sense of humor. But, to each his own...

Tammy

RaggedyAunt said:
I saw a profile on him on ABC news right before the Baba Wawa special. What a shame he was snubbed again. It was his 20th nomination, for those who didn't see the piece or know that. Maybe he needs to change his name to Susan Lucci!

As for Jon Stewart, I find him SO funny! He was the main reason I watched the show from the beginning. He always cracks me up. I love his arcane sense of humor. But, to each his own...

Tammy

Now that is funny!!

Pretty good - it took this long for someone to make a blatantly political speech. Too bad Bill Conti didn't bring the orchestra up right away to keep the record intact.

Helen Mirren is lookin' good!

I agree - and the knighting move with the Oscar was a well-planned ad lib. ;)

The best part of the whole evening was that everyone kept slipping in the one spot on the stage.

raebates said:
The best part of the whole evening was that everyone kept slipping in the one spot on the stage.

Rae -

When you make comments like this, I just crack up! Your signature seems to make it funnier to me...

Everyone kept slipping...blessings! :D

I figure since God has a really warped sense of humor it's okay that I have one, too.BTW, no one was physically, hurt. It just took a bit of the, um, confidence out of their walk. :)

Related to Anyone Else Watching?I Don't Really Give a Rip One Way or Another,

1. What is the meaning behind "Anyone Else Watching? I Don't Really Give a Rip One Way or Another,"?

The phrase is a popular quote from the TV show Friends, spoken by the character Joey. It is often used as a nonchalant response to a question or situation that the speaker has no real interest in.

2. Is "Anyone Else Watching? I Don't Really Give a Rip One Way or Another," appropriate to use in a professional setting?

No, this phrase is considered casual and may not be appropriate in a professional setting. It is best to use more professional language in a work environment.

3. Can I use "Anyone Else Watching? I Don't Really Give a Rip One Way or Another," in a conversation with friends or family?

Yes, the phrase is commonly used in casual conversations with friends or family as a lighthearted response to a topic.

4. Is there a specific way to say "Anyone Else Watching? I Don't Really Give a Rip One Way or Another,"?

No, the phrase can be said in different ways depending on the tone and context of the conversation. It can be said with sarcasm, humor, or simply as a statement.

5. Can "Anyone Else Watching? I Don't Really Give a Rip One Way or Another," be used in written communication?

Yes, the phrase can be used in written communication, such as in a text or social media post. However, it is important to consider the tone and audience before using it in written form.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
annew
Replies
Views
Jessamary
  • cincychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila