• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Overcharged My Host - What Should I Do?

In summary, the host of a show forgot to give her host credit and discount to a nurse who was a guest at the show. The host plans to call the nurse tomorrow to apologize and straighten out the situation. The host feels bad and stupid, but others have also made similar mistakes and it is important to rectify the situation. The nurse is likely to be happy to receive some money back and may even purchase something else.
floccies
I got home from a show that ran long. (ok it ended at 9 -- but I didn't leave until 10pm. The host and a couple of guests were talking and was polite and didn't interupt knowing that the host planned to close her show tonight.)

Well I forgot to give her the host credit and 20% off so I either overcharged her by $46.10 or $57.80 depending on which host special she wants. (I had the item number and price for the cutting board and the mandoline as the description -- she read off the item number and price to me from accross the room and I didn't double check.)

She also had orders from work on slips of paper (no item numbers, "vague" not official descriptions and some of those orders were also included in her check).

I feel horrible for overcharging her.

Does this sould like an ok way to handle this --- Call and leave a message on her answering machine tomorrow morning -- then call her again in the evening to straighten everything out.

She is a nurse and I don't think I need to bother her with this at work -- but I also don't want her to realize it first and think I did this on purpose.

To make matters worse -- they were all drinking wine and I didn't have any and jokingly said as I was totaling her order that "I didn't drink the wine because I knew there was math at the end".

I feel really bad and stupid right now.

Has anyone else ever done this?

We are human, it happens. Just call her tomorrow and straighten it out. Tell her you were confirming everything and found a way to save her some money.

I've undercharged guests because of my error and I always call them and ask for more money. :)

I've done this before... usually the host is glad to hear that they're not getting charged as much!

I am sure as long as you contact her before she realizes and has to call you it will be okay. I don't think anyone would ever think you did it purposefully, especially if you make the first step to correct the situation. Apologize and I am sure that she will be thrilled she gets money back!

Call her and explain I'm sure she'll be thrilled to find out that she spent less than she thought.

I agree with Tasha - she is going to be thrilled she ahs a little extra CA$H in her pockets...

I have done this before.... I did it with a co-host situation... and the lesson that I learned... don't leave home without my laptop... hehe it can do the math for me!!!! if I enter every thing correctly

I have done it too...more than once, but minimal amounts. I just let them know that it was an oversight and they are usually glad to have the extra $$. Don't sweat it...and she will appreciate your honesty.

Yep! Let her know. I've made a couple of those mistakes before. I've never had anyone get upset. Most people understand that we're human.

You never know, maybe since she knows she is getting money back she might purchase something else to use it up!

1. What should I do if I accidentally overcharged my host for their Pampered Chef order?

If you accidentally overcharged your host for their Pampered Chef order, the first step is to apologize and explain the mistake. Then, offer to refund the difference back to them immediately. You can also provide them with a special discount or gift as a gesture of goodwill.

2. Will my host be able to receive the correct amount of commission if I overcharged them?

If you overcharged your host, their commission will also be affected. To ensure they receive the correct amount, you can either refund the difference or adjust their future orders to make up for the overcharge.

3. How can I prevent overcharging my hosts in the future?

To avoid overcharging your hosts, it is important to double check all orders and payments before finalizing them. You can also use a calculator or software to help with calculations and keep track of payments.

4. Can I get in trouble for overcharging my host?

Overcharging your host is a mistake and not intentional. However, if it happens frequently, it can affect your reputation and relationship with your hosts. It is important to take immediate action and make things right when an overcharge occurs.

5. Will Pampered Chef cover the cost of the overcharge?

Pampered Chef is not responsible for any overcharges made by consultants. It is the consultant's responsibility to ensure accurate and fair pricing for their hosts. However, if you are unable to refund the overcharge, you can reach out to Pampered Chef's customer service for assistance and guidance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kristianne
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • esavvymom