• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Just Had My First Kitchen Show and I Got Tons of Bookings!!

In summary, Sara had a great first show and is off to a great start with bookings. She also came up with a game to get bookings for her hostess. Heather has been successful with her first show as well and is looking forward to more.
kitchen queen
Hi! I am so excited and I wanted to share this with all of you. I just had my first kitchen show and I got 7 parties booked off of it. :)

I asked everybody when they sat down to place their order, even if they hadn't marked yes on their slips. And, I even remembered to mention bookings and host specials 3 times during my show!!

I also got my host involved and excited about the monthly host specials. We made a game out of trying to get somone to book a party for the 6 months after her party. We got 5 of the 6 (I have dates on the calendar for those). And, 2 others that want to book in the fall (I have months for those two, but not dates on the calendar yet. I plan on having those before the show closes!)

I still have a couple of days until her show closes. I am so excited. Also, I am curious....Does this happen very often? Because if it does, WOW how awesome is that.

Thanks and wish me luck on the rest of my shows!!

Sara

Wow Sara!

Congrats on such a successful first show - you are off to a wonderful start. :)

Can you share how you made a game out of bookigs for your hostess? I would love to encourage my hostess to get just as excited about bookings.

Congrats again - you deserve a big round of applause!

Heather

Congrats!Sounds like you had a really great first show! My first show had several bookings as well. I am in my first month and have several shows scheduled out to June. I was kind of disappointed in my last 2 shows because I did not get any bookings but I will keep trying!!

Heather-

For the "game", my host and I tried to see who (either me or her) could get the most shows from her party. She had to tell me someone wanted to book a show before I spoke with them when they ordered at her show. Or, she could change a no on a drawing slip to a yes before her party closes. If she won, which she did by far, I paid the tax on her order. I am doing it as a consultant gift on her order.

Sara

Sara
I am so jealous! WAY TO GO!!!! I will definitely have to try that to see if i can get some more bookings! Awesome and let us know if it keeps up!

Sara,
CONGRATULATIONS on a FABULOUS 1ST SHOW!!! You should also be congratulated for your creative idea on getting bookings. The way to get bookings is to mention it several times during your show (which you did) AND to ask everyone. Probably the MOST important thing is to be EXCITED and it sounds like you were! They want to have fun and learn. Keep up the terrific work! Everyone can do it!

Great Job Kitchen QueenThank you for sharing your idea with us. I have to admit, I am not doing to bad with bookings with the new program but 7 in one show! Kitchen Queen, you deserve a throne of your own! I never would have thought of a little dose of competition. I have a show coming up on Saturday. I hope you do not mind if I try this out. My host is a newbie to Pampered Chef so there is excitement there to begin with. However, I know alot of her guests and well, let's just say that even with 10 to twleve guests, I do not anticipate a big sales number nor bookings. With Peggy's excitement and a little "game" to boost that, well, who knows! Thank you again for the niffty idea!

update on my first showMy sales are almost up to $700.00 and my host got another booking! That makes 8 bookings so far. I am sooo excited!

recruit her!
kitchen queen said:
My sales are almost up to $700.00 and my host got another booking! That makes 8 bookings so far. I am sooo excited!

You need to recruit that host!! She's already doing our job!!

I knowBeth~

I'm trying to recruit her! I also think I have another lead from her party for a recruit.

Sara

CongratsHow awsome for your 1st show. Keep up the enthusiasm :D

You go girl!!

Michelle

Keep it up!!Hi fellow "kitchen queen" :p ! I am so happy about your first show!!! What a great start to your business!! I am having my first show this Saturday...hope mine goes just as well! I love the game you played with your host too! Very clever!!

Keep up the great work!!
Erica

another updateI'm up to 8 bookings from her party!! We are working together and I think she could push for $800 in sales. I am so excited about Pampered Chef!

I plan on making future director by the end of the year. Pray for me!!

8 bookings and $800???

Recruit your host! :D

I'm trying...I'm trying to recruit my host...but I can't get her to leave what she does now. She even says she'll have another party in 6 months or so.

How can I convince her she's crazy not to take her bookings and sell?

She would already have an incredible start!!

Did you tell her how she would earn the mid-season products for FREE if she joined before April 30? Tell her all she has to do is TRY it for 4 show or $1250 in sales. If she had shows like hers, that would only be 2 shows!

Rather than try to talk her into something, find out what is holding her back from giving it a try. What are her objections. Also, find out what she finds interesting about the idea of trying Pampered Chef. Get her excited about what interests her and deal with her objections.

Ask your director to do a conference call or meet with you when you talk to her if you are not comfortable doing it on your own. Let the host know that you are new and you want to give her correct infomation, would she mind if your director and you did a conference call (or met in person) to answer any questions she might have?

Maybe your host would go to one of your monthly cluster meetings with you. I know my director gives us a reward if we bring potential hosts to the meetings. Does she have to leave the job she does now to do PC? Maybe she can try both to start with. (unless that is too much for her) If she did that she may find she would like to do PC full time. You should recommend this website to her. Maybe it would help get her excited and want to sign up with PC! :D

Kudos!!Kudos to an awesome show!! Your enthusiasm is truly contagious!
I haven't gotten any recruits, but I know I was not "pushed" into starting up, and I knew my recruit was in PC for about a year. I wasn't hesitant, I just didn't want to sell anything... at the right time, (I guess)~with the right changes in my life, I called her and asked her to send me some stuff to see what a Consultant makes, does, etc. I wouldn't have done it a day sooner.

I say all that to say, sometimes the timing is not right for the person, just stay with PC and they might be seeking you out. Maybe this is not the "proactive approach", but I liked it when done to me.

recruiting the hostKitchen Queen,

You said that you can't talk her into leaving her job and trying PC. How about asking her if she'd like to try PC for just 4 shows and get the chance to earn a bunch of free products in the process? If she loves it she can do more and decide when she's ready whether she'd want to leave that job or not. A lot of people do Pampered Chef along side another job - that's one of the beauties of our business! Concentrate on what SHE'LL get by trying the business - don't even think about what YOU want and remember to tell her that if she "doesn't try she'll never know"!

I didn't speak correctly. I didn't mean I was wanting her to leave her other job. She sells another item through home shows. I meant I wanted her to try P.C. because she would be incredible! I would buy from her,,,and I'm selling. She loves the products that much.

We've talked several times and she says right now she just wants to help me out by jump starting my business. I'm letting it rest for now. I don't want to be pushy by any means.

My hope would be that I would do very well and be able to share my overall experience with P.C. a few months down the road.

Thank you all for your words of wisdom! I really enjoy coming to this site. I think it will help keep me excited about selling!

Thanks & God Bless
Sara

Tell her to keep doing what she is doing now and you will contact her in 3 months to see if she is still enjoying it.

Then be sure you follow-up!

1. How do I handle all of the new bookings I received at my first kitchen show?

Congratulations on getting so many bookings at your first kitchen show! The best way to handle them is to prioritize and stay organized. Make a list of the bookings in order of when they were received and reach out to each guest to schedule their party. You can also use our online booking system to help manage and keep track of your upcoming parties.

2. What should I do if a guest cancels their booking?

If a guest cancels their booking, don't worry. Simply reach out to your other guests and see if they are interested in hosting a party in that open slot. You can also reach out to your friends and family to see if they would like to host a party instead. Remember, cancellations happen and it's important to stay positive and find solutions.

3. How can I make sure my parties are successful?

The key to a successful party is preparation. Make sure you have all the necessary materials and products for your demonstration. Also, be enthusiastic and engaging with your guests. They will be more likely to book parties or make purchases if they see how much you love the products. Lastly, don't forget to follow up with your guests after the party to thank them and remind them of any upcoming specials.

4. Are there any incentives for hosts who book parties at my kitchen show?

Yes, there are incentives for hosts who book parties at your kitchen show. You can offer them a free product or a discount on their order. You can also offer them the opportunity to earn additional free products by having a certain number of guests or reaching a certain sales goal at their party.

5. How can I increase my sales at my kitchen show?

One way to increase your sales at your kitchen show is to offer special discounts or promotions for guests who make a purchase during the party. You can also offer bundle deals or package deals to encourage guests to purchase multiple products. Additionally, don't forget to highlight the benefits and features of each product and how it can improve their cooking experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissasutkus
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • PamperMeDawn
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
PamperMeDawn
  • caitynsmom