• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tried Something New and Got Bookings!

In summary, the speaker shared a new idea for getting bookings by displaying three products and asking guests to put their names on a piece of paper and drop it in the item they liked best. They could then get that item for free by hosting a show on select dates in March. The speaker also mentioned receiving bookings for next Saturday and March 12, and possibly getting another show. Other attendees praised the idea and shared their own success with similar tactics.
ChefLisa
Hi all!

My March calendar was not where I wanted it, so I decided to try something new tonight. I brought the Trifle Bowl, Large Polka Dot Bowl and 8-inch Executive Saute Pan with me and placed them on my host's counter next to the name tags. I also had pieces of paper there and asked each person to put her name on a piece and drop it in the item she liked best.

When I came to the point in my show when I wanted to talk about bookings, I showed off each item and then told them they could get the item they liked for free by hosting a show on select dates in March (all before March 15). Additionally, the host can get one for free with three bookings scheduled. I got a booking for next Saturday and for March 12. Also, the host is going to work on getting another show for me. I will definitely need to do some major host coaching, but I should only be out about $24.00, taking into account the host discount and my commission. I also got a May booking, but that does not count for my special promotion. I think I am going to try the same thing at my show on Sunday, but I may select pieces that are a little lower priced.

Lisa

:)
ChefLisa said:
Hi all!

My March calendar was not where I wanted it, so I decided to try something new tonight. I brought the Trifle Bowl, Large Polka Dot Bowl and 8-inch Executive Saute Pan with me and placed them on my host's counter next to the name tags. I also had pieces of paper there and asked each person to put her name on a piece and drop it in the item she liked best.

When I came to the point in my show when I wanted to talk about bookings, I showed off each item and then told them they could get the item they liked for free by hosting a show on select dates in March (all before March 15). Additionally, the host can get one for free with three bookings scheduled. I got a booking for next Saturday and for March 12. Also, the host is going to work on getting another show for me. I will definitely need to do some major host coaching, but I should only be out about $24.00, taking into account the host discount and my commission. I also got a May booking, but that does not count for my special promotion. I think I am going to try the same thing at my show on Sunday, but I may select pieces that are a little lower priced.

Lisa

GOOD JOB LISA!!!!

Lisa, I've got to say that I've been with PC for a long time and thought I'd heard every "new idea" to get bookings but yours is fantastic! I LOVE it! Booking-wise, I've been slow and steady but I am really wanting to take it up a notch. (I've got my eye on London for my daughter's graduation present!)

I have a show this Tuesday and we are using the trifle bowl. I'm gonna do this!! Thanks!

Good job! There's always room for a new idea.

That's a great idea! Thanks for sharing.....I could have used it last night:rolleyes:

Awesome idea! If toady's show was closer to home (it's over an hr away) I would do it! I'm prospecting today!!

Thanks!!!

JUST IN TIME! I have a show today that I might try that on!! Nice idea and thanks for sharing!!!

What a great idea!! At my show last night, I put a flyer in my folders for a booking incentive..thru the 15th get a FREE small round stone or bar pan, 16-31st get one of the new dish towels.......it worked, I got 2 bookings!!

I did this also using the 2 new green knives and the new kitchen shears. It has helped me get 3 bookings in 2 shows

Great idea. Get them already picking which item they want. I like that!

ChefLisa said:
Hi all!

Lisa
did you make a minimum requirement of what the show sales would have to be? That's what I'd do to make it worthwhile to you.:)

In the past I have tried to mention minimums, but I have found that my hosts just get so overwhelmed by all of the stipulations.

I started my host coaching at the show and will be spending a lot of time talking with each of these host to make sure they get very excited and collect a lot of outside orders.

My past few months of business have been great, but since my March calendar was a little empty, I need to jumpstart my business again.

For anyone who is reading this, I do not recommend doing this type of incentive unless you are trying to get out of a dry spell. Our host benefits are so great, we usually do not need this. However, if your March is not where you want it to be, go for it! Remember that what you do now will impact your business in 90 days. A great March can ensure you have a strong summer!

Very smart! I have a show today and I'm thinkin' I could use that! I won't need the bookings only for March (I have a couple of April holes), but one or two more March dates won't kill me!!

That's a good idea!! Think I'll try it at my next show.

I dig it...good idea!

That is AWESOME....I'm helping my Dir. today at her show, I'm gonna have her try it out.....that is SUPER....way to go and thanks for sharing.....I will try it too at my next show....:D :D

Did you let them take the item with them just for booking, or do they actually get it AT their show??

Great idea! I'm always looking for ways to get more bookings! Thanks

chefdoodle said:
Did you let them take the item with them just for booking, or do they actually get it AT their show??

She will probably wait till the show closes then add it to the hostess order

That is a really great idea Lisa, AWSOME JOB~!!

Yes, I add it to the new host's show. That way I am ensured the show is held before putting out the money for the gift.

Lisa

What a great idea! I need stuff like this to keep going! I'm hitting a rut.

WHOO HOO! I tried this at my show last night and out of 10 guests......I got FIVE bookings!! Seriously excited, seriously (for those Grey's fans).

Thanks so much!
Rachel
:D

Congratulations Rachel!

Which items did you offer?

Lisa

I offered the Trifle Bowl, Rectangular Baker, or 8" Saute pan. Of which I already have an extra new unused Rec Baker and 8" Saute pan.

I'm a bit confused...why do you have them put their names in them? Just to build excitement and getting them thinking about which one they want?

I'd need to pick smaller items, as the 8" saute pan is $62 in Canada. Even with the host discount and commission, that's not really worth it, I don't think.

ChefLisa,
I'm curious, which item was the most popular of the three??Thanks,
Catherine

Or, for April you could set out the Trifle Bowl and Carafe and mention they can get that item they liked 60% off in April (if you are booking April). You could also set out the 2 March specials (Mandolin and Cutting Board) and put a "vote" in a prep bowl next to it.

I think that just gets them "attached" to the product and wanting it.

that is a great idea! I only have one show scheduled this month (after the 15th of course) but do have a boutique on the 13th. I may send out an email like this and see what happens! Thanks for sharing such a great idea!

At this point I am not 100% sure which had the most names in it. I have done this same 'game' at my last two shows and got two solid bookings at each one. However, at the one last night, the items offered were the small polka dot bowl and the tool-turn-about. They cost a lot less, but they are still exciting.

With all of this, I do not think the prizes were really the reason most scheduled a show. Well, last night's show was the exception. She booked at a show on the last Friday night of February for last night because she wanted the large polka dot bowl. With that written, most scheduled a show because we were all having so much fun. That is always the reason someone schedules a show with you. They just make that connection with you. Your excitement and your host's excitement just transfer to them.

Having fun for me is making one recipe so I do not stress over the food. The only exception to this has been when I made the 30 minute chicken at a few shows last month. I always brought the chicken with me; cleaned, seasoned and ready to put in the microwave as soon as I arrived.

I hope those of you who need bookings give this a try and have great success with it!

Lisa

1. What inspired you to try this new approach to getting bookings?

I noticed that my March calendar was not where I wanted it to be, and I wanted to try something new to see if it would help me get more bookings.

2. How did you incorporate the products into your approach for getting bookings?

I brought the Trifle Bowl, Large Polka Dot Bowl, and 8-inch Executive Saute Pan with me to the show and placed them on my host's counter next to the name tags. I also had pieces of paper for each guest to write their name on and drop into the product they liked best.

3. What was the incentive for guests to book a party on specific dates in March?

The incentive was that the host could receive the product they liked for free if they booked a party on select dates in March (before March 15). Additionally, the host could also receive a free product with three bookings scheduled.

4. Did you have success with this approach and how many bookings did you get?

Yes, I had success with this approach. I received two bookings for March and one for May. However, only the March bookings counted for the special promotion.

5. Will you be using this approach again in the future?

I may try this approach again in the future, but I may select lower-priced products to use as incentives. I also plan on doing some host coaching to ensure the success of these bookings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Deb Bixler
  • TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • csulier