• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Fear: How I Got 4 Bookings in One Night!

In summary, the author is calling people that she knows that have expressed an interest in booking a show, but have not committed to booking yet. She is going to ask them if they would help her reach her goal of 10 bookings by November 1. If they agree, they will receive a free gift.
KCPChef
Hello! So I have been posting where I am SUPER SCARED of the phone! But my business was paying for it, so I decided to go for it last night and JUST CALL! I did and I called 6 people, left 2 voicemails and got 4 bookings! YIPPEE!!!!! I just had to tell everyone!

On another note, I am cleaning up and organizing my office. Once your shows close, do you keep all of the recipets and order froms or do you just keep it on PP3? Any recomendations would be helpful! I have show folders everywhere! Thanks so much!

Have a fabulous day! If you worried about making any calls- I promise that you can DO IT! If I can, so can you you :)

Personally, I create a manilla folder for each host. If I have any order form copies left, I put them inside it along with my "Host Form". Keeping receipt copies isn't necessary as they are on P3. The receipt copies I'm talking about are PC product/show receipts, not your expenses.

Last edited:
I typically have 12 folders in my filing cabinet with each month written on one. I file the receipts in whichever month's folder the show was held, and then I clean them out when I get back around to that month the next year. Hope this helps!

I do a folder for each month as well and write all the hostess names on the front of the folder. I paper clip each show together with the draw slips and receipts.

I have stopped the individual manilla folder for each show. I started cleaning out my files and realized how much paper I was wasting. Now I use plastic folders that are really envelopes so nothing falls out of them. At the show I can put the checks right in there. I once had a check get misplaced and wound up paying for a stop order because of that. I only keep the original order forms until I need to use the folder again. It is always more than the 30 days that PC will pay for returns of mistakes. If the customer hasn't figured out by then that their order is wrong...! I write the host name in dry erase marker so it can be erased.

Congratulations! (I somehow missed this post earlier.) I routinely purge those files. Once we're more than 30 days past the submission date, I rely on P3.

I've only kept the white copy of the sales receipt and then I shred everything else. I know the white copy is "supposed" to go the the guest, but I couldn't read the other copies very well so I switched it. Nobody really cares, lol. I staple those copies together and put the show # on the front. I have a shoe box for the drawing slips and put the show # they came from on them.

I imagine I will keep them for a year also, because it is nice to have contact info some place else besides your computer!

PS... congrats on all those bookings!!! I'm jealous!

Last edited:
Congrats, thats awesome!! We are just home from a week away and I really need to kick start my business. What did you say when you called? I have no problem making my customer care calls but havent figured out how to ask for bookings yet. I get so flustered.

Well those were people who had wanted to book a show, but never committed to book a show! Tonight, I am calling around for people that have not expressed an interest. I am going to tell them I have a goal- 10 bookings by November 1 (that way I can have $1000 for xmas shopping!) 10 shows x $100.00 Commission each!!! (That is my directors idea!) So I am going to ask them if they would help me reach my goal! They will receive a free gift for helping me! - I am not 100% sure what this is yet- might do some small products that I could really get rid of as an extra thank you!

I will post to let you know how it goes :)

That might work with people you know well, like family, but I'm not too sure about aquaintances. I'd approach it from the other side myself... let them know how you could HELP THEM get free and discounted Christmas gifts (and a few for themselves too!).

Congrats on your own Booking Blitz! That's great!!
I agree with Jackie, that idea may work well with close friends and family, but I'm not so sure that would go over great with aquaintances, etc...
Spend some time thinking about each person you are about to contact and what would work best for them...
Know some stay at home moms??? tell her that you would love to come over one afternoon and teach her and her friends how to whip up some EASY kid-friendly recipes (6 grilled cheese sandwiches on the bar pan in oven, while making potato chowder in dcb in the microwave)
Working moms... ask how they would like to invite their friends over after work while you make them dinner while showing them how easy it is to make 30 min meals... help them "make the most" of their free time at home... (might be an esp good time now with the two "29 mins to dinner" cookbooks as the guest specials)
Keep up the great work! Let us know how the next step goes! :)

What is the book "Overcoming Fear: How I Got 4 Bookings in One Night!" about?

The book is about the author's personal journey and tips for overcoming fear and gaining confidence in booking parties as a Pampered Chef consultant. It shares the author's experiences and strategies that led to successfully booking four parties in one night.

Why is overcoming fear important for Pampered Chef consultants?

Overcoming fear is important for Pampered Chef consultants because it allows them to confidently approach potential hosts and book more parties. This ultimately leads to increased sales and success in the business.

What strategies does the author share in the book for overcoming fear?

The author shares various strategies such as positive self-talk, visualization, and facing fears head-on. She also discusses the importance of mindset and how to shift from a fear-based mindset to a confident and empowered one.

How can this book help me as a Pampered Chef consultant?

This book can help you by providing practical tips and advice for overcoming fear and gaining confidence in booking parties. It also offers personal anecdotes and relatable experiences that you can learn from and apply to your own business.

Is this book only for Pampered Chef consultants?

While the book is primarily geared towards Pampered Chef consultants, the tips and strategies shared can be helpful for anyone looking to overcome fear and gain confidence in sales and business. The principles discussed can be applied to various industries and professions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Humble Beginnings
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Humble Beginnings
  • Bill Faber
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • kcmckay