• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Have an Opportunity to Advertise in a Local

In summary, the local paper has a booth for $390 for 13 weeks. It seems great that even if I just get 1 or 2 leads out of it, it could pay for itself but at the same time, that is a lot of money!
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I have an opportunity to advertise in a local "news" paper (not really a news paper but something that still gets circulation around this area). Anyway the lowest rate is $30 a week for 13 weeks - comes to $390. While I would probably never spend that much on a booth, I'm debating on doing this or not. It seems great that even if I just get 1 or 2 leads out of it, it could pay for itself but at the same time, that is a lot of money!

On the same note, I know I would have to check out Merrill's Ad Builder. Does anyone have a sample of what their ads look like? I know I cannot but it's slightly temping just to build it myself since that's what I do all day anyway! :)

Re: AdvertisingMy vote - don't do it. Too much money. You have no way of following up with leads whereas with a booth at least you get contact info. Go around and post mini-catalogs or recipe cards on bulletin boards. Better use of resources and likely to generate the same results as an ad.

Re: AdvertisingI'm with Becca. Not to be a Debbie-Downer...but our local paper has a circulation that's pretty decent for the two-three towns in our area. I ran it for several months..."Yellow Pages" size. It was only $20 a month, but I got two calls from people trying to SELL ME something *uggh*! I got one call from a lady who wanted to book a show...>BUT she was from somewhere in Africa and really didn't have a clue what it was I did. She thought it was in-home cooking classes (like teach you to cook)- but I explained it all with her (in person), and she still wanted to do it. She cancelled later because her husband said "no!". The only thing I got after several months of ads was one individual order for about $100.Not something I plan to do again...at least not until it's money I can afford to lose. :)I can though email you a copy of the ad(s)- just let me know your email address- either here or via PM.

Re: AdvertisingI've also tried advertizing in a local paper for a while and it got me no leads. A few people looking to sell to me and a few looking to get rich quick but no sales, bookings or recruits.

There's a reason you don't see other PC consultant ads in the paper.

Re: AdvertisingI agree with everyone....too costly. I'd look and see if they have an online addition which allowed you to post for free. Then you'd lose nothing if no leads came from it.

Re: Advertising
Jolie_Paradoxe said:
I agree with everyone....too costly. I'd look and see if they have an online addition which allowed you to post for free. Then you'd lose nothing if no leads came from it.

But wouldn't that be against policy?? Since it's not "social media", it falls under the regular internet rules of advertising, right?

esavvymom said:
But wouldn't that be against policy?? Since it's not "social media", it falls under the regular internet rules of advertising, right?

I believe (and I could DEFINITELY be wrong) that if she posted an online ad following newspaper guidelines, it would be fine. She would have to list her email address and phone number, leaving her website out. She needs to follow the guidelines, and I'm glad you pointed it out....I didn't because I just assumed she'd follow the do's and don'ts. :D

What I tend to do when I'm going to "release" anything is email it to career solutions for them to approve or edit. Keeps me out of trouble. :D

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
I believe (and I could DEFINITELY be wrong) that if she posted an online ad following newspaper guidelines, it would be fine. She would have to list her email address and phone number, leaving her website out. She needs to follow the guidelines, and I'm glad you pointed it out....I didn't because I just assumed she'd follow the do's and don'ts. :D

What I tend to do when I'm going to "release" anything is email it to career solutions for them to approve or edit. Keeps me out of trouble. :D

No, you still cannot advertise online like that. Only print ads.

The guy followed up with me tonight and of course was a very good sales person. Kept throwing things out there like "I just had a TS lady who joined last month and is doing great". How about I offer you... type stuff.

Then I got to thinking, advertising like this would be more of an investment than starting the business itself. Not worth it to me.

Re: AdvertisingTell him to give you three months for free and if its financially worth it, you'll sign up for the rest of the year.

Re: AdvertisingYikes....sorry for my error.

Great idea Dave! I still think she's right....it's too big an investment and more than the actual biz investment.

Re: AdvertisingYou're right, Laurie. But if a salesman makes claims about the success of another advertiser, he ought to be willing to stand behind them. Anyway, that's how I would have approached him.

RMDave said:
You're right, Laurie. But if a salesman makes claims about the success of another advertiser, he ought to be willing to stand behind them. Anyway, that's how I would have approached him.

I tried to see if I could go lower than 13 weeks but of course he told me that I couldn't judge my success in only three to four weeks... Really cause it doesn't guarantee me anything even if I went 13 weeks.

Re: AdvertisingThree to four weeks at no cost means you lose nothing and you bail.

1. What are the advertising options available for my local business?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of advertising options for local businesses, including print ads, online ads, and event sponsorships. We can also work with you to create a custom advertising package that fits your specific needs and budget.

2. How much does it cost to advertise with Pampered Chef?

The cost of advertising with Pampered Chef varies depending on the type of ad and the duration of the campaign. We offer competitive rates and will work with you to find a solution that fits your budget.

3. Can I target a specific audience with my ad?

Yes, we offer targeting options for our advertising services. You can choose to target a specific demographic, geographic area, or interest group to reach your desired audience.

4. How do I track the success of my ad campaign?

We provide regular reports and analytics to track the success of your ad campaign. This includes metrics such as impressions, clicks, and conversions. We also offer the option to include tracking codes on your ads to further monitor their performance.

5. How do I get started with advertising through Pampered Chef?

To get started, simply contact our advertising team and we will guide you through the process. We will work with you to understand your advertising goals and create a plan that best suits your needs. We also offer design services to help create eye-catching ads for your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
KimoMakano
  • myinnerchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jbachen