• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advertising in Local Family Magazines: Tips & Approvals

Just make sure the ad is PC and you will be good to go!Hi Mary,Thanks for the tips! I'm going to try the Ad Generator too. I was wondering if there was a way to offer a discount or something of value to respondents but you are pretty much limited to what you can present. Just make sure the ad is PC and you will be good to go!
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
I'm in the process of just gathering details/info. on having an ad in a local family magazine.

Is there something or someone at PC home office i need to get approval from, or a certain Merril logo I have to use, or can I do it, without?

Any tips at all, would be helpful...

(also if you have ever done one of these..did it serve to be a good use of your money for advertising for your business)?

I don't know the answer for you, but I was just reading your signature & what an inspiration you are!! I'm hoping to earn that many free PC$ in my first 90 days!!

There's an Ad Generator through Merrill that has pre-approved ads. Otherwise, check with career solutions for specifics about the policy and what you can and cannot say.

Hi Heather,
FYI, I placed an ad in a local Family magazine that has an island wide circulation. I signed up for three ads for 12 months. From the first ad I only got one response (via email) and wasn't able to make a connection. They never returned my calls or emails. The second ad got me zero, zilch.
I contacted the magazine and cancelled my contract. I had to pay a penalty but it was cheaper than running the ad again with no results.
Not sure if this is a practical way to generate business. Maybe it will work for you but it sure was a costly lesson for me.
Good luck!

thanks for the tip. Thankfully, I can commit to only 1 month..and see how it works out..So if it flops, it isn't too much of a loss...But I think it will be a lot of exposure....and Hopefully something will come of it..Gotta try new things :>

Heather:

The Merrill Ad Generator has several different ads to choose from and for the $2.99/month price, you can download and save them to your computer for future use, so it's quite a bargain! Plus, you have the peace of mind knowing that the ad is within the PC guidelines.

Good luck!

Mary

Yeah, I used the Ad Generator and it worked real well. What would have been nice is if there was a way to offer a discount or something of value to respondents but you are pretty much limited to what you can present.

What are the benefits of advertising in local family magazines?

Advertising in local family magazines allows you to reach a targeted audience of families in your community who are interested in your products or services. These magazines are often distributed to schools, libraries, and other family-friendly locations, giving your business exposure in high-traffic areas. Additionally, advertising in these magazines can help you establish a local presence and build credibility among families in your area.

How can I ensure that my ad is effective in a family magazine?

To make your ad effective, it's important to have a clear and attention-grabbing headline, a visually appealing design, and a strong call to action. You should also include relevant information about your business, such as your contact information and any special offers or promotions. It's also helpful to include images or testimonials from satisfied customers to establish trust with potential clients.

What should I consider when choosing a local family magazine for advertising?

When selecting a local family magazine for advertising, you should consider its target audience, distribution, and circulation numbers. It's important to choose a magazine that reaches your target demographic and has a wide distribution, as this will increase the reach of your ad. You should also inquire about the circulation numbers to ensure that your ad will be seen by a significant number of readers.

How can I get approval for my ad from the magazine's editorial team?

To get approval for your ad, it's important to follow the magazine's advertising guidelines and submit your ad in the required format and size. You should also make sure that your ad does not contain any offensive or misleading content. If you have any questions or concerns, you can reach out to the magazine's editorial team for further guidance.

What are some tips for creating an effective ad for a family magazine?

Some tips for creating an effective ad for a family magazine include including a strong call to action, using eye-catching visuals, and keeping your messaging concise and to the point. It's also important to tailor your ad to the magazine's target audience and to include any relevant information or offers that would appeal to families. Additionally, proofreading your ad for any errors or typos is crucial in maintaining a professional image.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BlessedWifeMommy
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • wadesgirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
RMDave
  • myinnerchef