• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use a Pen-Name for Advertising as a Government Employee?

No, it is not advertising. When I give someone a sales receipt, my name and phone number is not on it. It is just my name. I have never given out my social security number.When I give someone a sales reciept, my name and phone number is not on it. It is just my name.
holly1594
HI,I would like to advertise in my local paper, BUT I cannot because I work for the Government;) ! I am not allowed to advertise my REAL name and other personal information due to security issues! Does anyone have any idea if I can use a "pen-name" when advertising (from the TPC viewpoint)?? I know it is okay with the Department I work for. I really feel like I could BOOST my sales if I could advertise.Thanks for any info,
holly :cool:
(yes, that is my REAL name)

Last edited:
Holly I'd love to help you answer your question, but I think I am so lost right now. Maybe someone who's not a blonde will be able to understand and answer this :) Whatever happens Good Luck with your secret-agent double PC life ;)

Holly - that is truly a unique situation. I'd call and ask HO if that is allowed. Are you restricted on other things due to your job? Can you have business cards, etc?

Use a pen name?How about Bic Waterman?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Use a pen name?

How about Bic Waterman?

I'd go with "Cross"... it could be my name AND my mood... whatever I choose!

I am a little confused..is this strictly in your job description? I ask b/c I know other government employess with "security" clearance etc who sell with DS companies ..and do so under their own name.

katie0128 said:
I'd go with "Cross"... it could be my name AND my mood... whatever I choose!
Cross Mont Blanc. That sounds more Patrician, doesn't it?

I'm losing it... I can't think of what Patrician means... GourmetGirl is have a blonde day and I'm catching it! Icky, icky, icky.

But it does sound like a good name for a "stick your nose in the air, toss your hair back, stick your pinkie finger out when drinking tea" kinda person...

Patrician was the elite ruling class of ancient Rome. It has come to mean someone of the wealthy class, or someone of high breeding and well cultured.

oh yeah, that was my next guess... still like my imagery better... "high breeding" sounds like an equestrian thing (see... I know what some big word mean and I didn't even have to look in a dictionary!)

I know some Patricians who are mostly one part of the equestrian.

janet....Actually, I do not have business cards yet. I haven't sold PC to anyone except my family and very close friends (only people that knows what I do for a living). I am still pretty new to PC. This is a unique situation for me. I really want to sell PC because I love it. I am allowed to use a different name when it comes to my job, but I don't know what TPC's rules are about it. I did email them about a week ago...no answer as of today.Heather.....Actually it is in my job description! I cannot advertise my personal information under my real name. Believe me, even if it wasn't in my job description I still would not give out my personal information when advertising. My life and my family's life depends on it.

Holly, due to the niqueness and no email response back yet...I would call PC and talk to someone.

I think I'll be "Runs With Scissors", but I'll call it a stagename, not a penname.

Sounds like your Native American name. I always liked Dances With Wolves but for me, it'd be more like Polkas With Porcupines.

holly1594 said:
Heather.....Actually it is in my job description! I cannot advertise my personal information under my real name. Believe me, even if it wasn't in my job description I still would not give out my personal information when advertising. My life and my family's life depends on it.

But your job let you sign up with your real name, Social Security number, etc? When you give someone a sales reciept, it shows your name & your phone number... right? That may be "advertising" in a way?

Related to Can I Use a Pen-Name for Advertising as a Government Employee?

1. Can I use a pen name for my Pampered Chef business?

Yes, you may use a pen name for your Pampered Chef business. However, you will need to provide your legal name and information when signing up as a consultant and for tax purposes.

2. Will using a pen name affect my ability to earn commission?

No, using a pen name will not affect your ability to earn commission as long as you provide your legal name and information when signing up as a consultant.

3. Can I change my pen name at any time?

Yes, you can change your pen name at any time. Just make sure to update your information with Pampered Chef so your earnings and commission are correctly attributed to your new name.

4. Do I need to disclose my pen name to my customers?

It is not necessary to disclose your pen name to your customers. However, if you would like to do so, you may include it on your business cards or other marketing materials.

5. Can I use a different pen name for each Pampered Chef party I host?

Yes, you can use a different pen name for each Pampered Chef party you host. Just make sure to update your information with Pampered Chef so your earnings and commission are correctly attributed to each name.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• holly1594
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jessie Jolly
  • General Chat
Replies