• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Facebook Page: Tips for Liking Pages and Networking as a Page

In summary, Facebook made some changes to how Pages work. You can upgrade now, or you will be forced to upgrade in March.
NooraK
Gold Member
So Facebook made some changes to how Pages work. You can upgrade now, or you will be forced to upgrade in March.

One of the changes is that you can "like" other Pages as your Page. I know you were able to list your favorite pages before, but it works more like a Profile now.

I wanted to get some opinions on what kinds of pages you guys would pick. My obvious picks are PC's main page, and Feeding America, and a few food related pages like Food Network and Oreos. :D I'm trying to decide how much to let my personal interests show. Should I like Amazon Kindle, too? Or should I leave those for my personal profile?

If I use Facebook as my Page, I can comment on the pages I like as my Page, so people will be linked to my Page, not my Profile if they click on my name. Plus it immediately shows me as a PC consultant. There are also some pages, like Jen Fong's page, that allow for occasional networking opportunities, and it'd be cool to post as my Page instead of my Profile (since I'm not really looking to find people to "friend"). But I don't think I want Jen Fong's FB page to show on my PC Page to my customers.

Tell me what you think!

I really liked having the 'personal' page and the 'work' page. I am always cautious about posting pics, and having complete strangers see them, so I don't want to mix the two!

I totally do not get it... feeling kinda dumb here.. :(

etteluap70PC said:
I totally do not get it... feeling kinda dumb here.. :(

You can now "log in as your page" on FB, if you've upgraded to the new style (you'll get a banner at the top when you visit your page). Once you log in as your page, when you visit other pages, you can choose to like them, and a list will show on the left side of your Page.

For Example, I like PC's main FB page as myself. If I switch to using FB as my PC Page, I can like it again, and I will get a separate newsfeed for those pages, and the main PC FB page will be listed on the left side of my PC FB page.

I had some pages that I couldn't like as my business page, which was strange. I have a soap supplier page that I wanted to like and the only way I could do it was as myself. :(

I LOVE that the 'page' is going to run more independent from my personal fb home! Wonderful to be able to seperate the two for obvious reasons. I would love to see more - but this is a great start!

NooraK said:
You can now "log in as your page" on FB, if you've upgraded to the new style (you'll get a banner at the top when you visit your page). Once you log in as your page, when you visit other pages, you can choose to like them, and a list will show on the left side of your Page.

For Example, I like PC's main FB page as myself. If I switch to using FB as my PC Page, I can like it again, and I will get a separate newsfeed for those pages, and the main PC FB page will be listed on the left side of my PC FB page.

I liked the PC FB page from my PC page as well as my personal profile. The PC newsfeed is not showing up on my PC page, only on my personal profile. Is there something else I have to do to get the newsfeed to show up on my PC page? :confused:

What I've noticed while on my business page... If I click my business page name or "wall" it only shows things that I posted or someone posted directly on my wall. If I click "Home" while using FB as my business page, it shows news feed. I haven't figured out how to make the news feed show and not just 'wall'.

I don't believe you'll be able to show your fans your "Page" news feed. It seems to me that FB created the ability have a separate news feed so that people who like certain pages just because they relate to their business can separate those pages from their personal news feed of their friends and family.I like it, because it gives me a nice collection of the food type pages I've liked in one place and a quick resource for stuff to share on my Page.

What does it mean to "like" a page as a page?

Liking a page as a page means that your Facebook page is shown as a fan of another page. This allows your page to receive updates from the liked page and can help increase visibility and engagement.

How do I like a page as my page?

To like a page as your page, first make sure you are logged into Facebook as your page. Then, visit the page you want to like and click the three dots button on the page's cover photo. From the drop-down menu, select "Like as Your Page."

Can I like multiple pages as my page?

Yes, you can like multiple pages as your page. Simply follow the same steps as above for each page you want your page to like.

Can I unlike a page as my page?

Yes, you can unlike a page as your page. To do so, go to your page and click on "Settings" in the top right corner. From there, click on "People and Other Pages" in the left menu. Find the page you want to unlike and click on the three dots button next to it. Select "Unlike" from the drop-down menu.

Why should I like pages as my page?

Liking pages as your page can help increase your page's visibility, engagement, and credibility. It also allows you to stay updated on the content and updates from pages that your page is interested in or affiliated with.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ericadboone
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ericadboone
  • Sk8Mom209
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • NooraK