• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Could Really Use Some "Likes" so I Can Shorten My Url!

In summary, Emily has created a Facebook page and attempted to get people to like it, but only has nine "likes". She is encouraged by another user to join a "liking club" on Chef Success, which would give her more followers.
LisaKirkley
I just signed up as a consultant and set up my Facebook page, and while I suggested it to all my friends to "like" it and even posted it on my blog's Facebook page hoping people would like it, I only have 9 "likes"! I need 25 I think to shorten my url!

Would you "like" my page? I'll return the favor if you leave me your link!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Pampered-Chef-by-Lisa-Kirkley/390217904332940

I "liked" it for you. Also, they changed the policy and you don't need 25 any more. Blessings!Facebook.com/EmilyPChef:)

Thanks! But it's still showing just 9 "likes"... I think if you like it using FB as your page it doesn't count.When I go to change the url it says this: Username: Your page needs at least 25 fans to have a username. They did change it so you only need 25, you used to have to have a whole lot more than that!

That's weird, I've been working with a "fake" fan page to go through the steps for a training that I'm doing for my team later today, and with no likes I was able to set up a username right away...Check out the liking club, http://www.chefsuccess.com/f105/liking-club-70627/ . A bunch of us have liked each other's pages and committed to like and/or comment on each other's posts. It's been really great. When you go to like other pages though, do it with your regular profile name so that you look like a customer on our page and so that you don't post a link to our page on yours.

Well I'm up to 21 "likes" so 4 more and I can make a username. Not sure why it tells me I have to have 25 likes but doesn't with other people. Perhaps it depends on what type of page you set up. I can't remember what I set mine up as now, I think as Products/Brands, instead of Company.

Thanks for the tip on the "liking club"... I'll go join it!

Here's a way to drive people to your page: Post a recipe on your page, then post a photo of the completed recipe on your profile with the status, "I just posted this recipe for ____________ on my Facebook page [link to page]. Check it out, and be sure to "Like" my page so you can get all of the recipes and tips I post."

raebates said:
Here's a way to drive people to your page: Post a recipe on your page, then post a photo of the completed recipe on your profile with the status, "I just posted this recipe for ____________ on my Facebook page [link to page]. Check it out, and be sure to "Like" my page so you can get all of the recipes and tips I post."

GREAT IDEA! Thanks so much for posting!

Lisa I cannot get your link to work. It keeps saying page not found.

What is "Could Really Use Some "Likes" so I Can Shorten My Url!"?

"Could Really Use Some "Likes" so I Can Shorten My Url!" is a phrase commonly used on social media platforms to ask for likes or engagement on a post in order to unlock the ability to shorten a URL.

Why would someone want to shorten their URL?

Shortening a URL can make it easier to share on social media or in other forms of communication, as shorter URLs are more visually appealing and take up less space. It can also be used as a tracking tool to see how many people are clicking on the link.

Is it necessary to get "likes" in order to shorten a URL?

No, it is not necessary to get "likes" in order to shorten a URL. There are other websites and tools available that can shorten URLs without the need for engagement or likes.

Why do people ask for "likes" to shorten their URL?

Asking for "likes" to shorten a URL is a way to increase engagement and visibility on social media. It can also be a way to incentivize people to interact with the post by offering something in return, such as a shorter URL.

Is asking for "likes" to shorten a URL effective?

The effectiveness of asking for "likes" to shorten a URL varies depending on the platform and the audience. Some people may be more likely to engage with a post if they are asked to, while others may find it annoying. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to decide if they want to use this tactic or not.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefLoriG
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
CarrieSusann
  • pchockeymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • pctharper