• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I handle consultants promoting their own page on my page?

In summary, Quit posting on my Page as your Page! makes Suzy Queue - Independent Consultant with The Pampered Chef uncomfortable.
NooraK
Gold Member
"Quit posting on my Page as your Page!"

How do I say that nicely?

I have not had a show in two months, and even before then my show schedule was scant, and on the low end with attendance. That means I haven't been able to promote it to customers as much as I'd want. About 80-90% of my "fans" are other PC consultants.

Now, I don't mind this in the least, I love to share ideas.

My problem is that there are a couple of consultants who have liked my Page as their own PC page. This means that when they post on my Page, it says the comment is from "Suzy Queue - Independent Consultant with The Pampered Chef".

Quite frankly, I find it a bit rude, as it comes off as an attempt to direct traffic from my Page to their own. When I like Pages as my Page, I do it so that I can comment on those Pages as a PC consultant, and hopefully find new fans that might be interested in what I have to offer. I would never want to do that to another PC consultant.

So what do I do? Do I just quietly remove their comments? Do I leave them as is? Do I look up the owner of the page and send them a message through their personal profile?

Or am I just overreacting? I certainly could be, I've had a lot going on in the last week.

Noora, just share with the people you are talking about personally how you feel about the situation. I hope that I don't do that to anyone. I'm not even sure that I can stay logged in as my business when I post on a friend's page. I will defnitely be more aware of that from now on. I hope I was not an offender.

I think you should just contact them on a personal level. They may not even be aware that it aggravates you.

Noora - I'm you're "fan" just not on FB. PM them. I'm so tech oblivious that I haven't set up a PC FB page for myself yet. I'm sure they're not thinking about how it looks. Just think of all of the people who promote their biz on the PC FB page or ask consultant related questions. Some people are just oblivious and need you to point it out to them. What's the worst that can happen? They unlike you and no longer post on your page? Problem solved!

I'd send them a message requesting that they just be logged in as themselves and not their PC page profile when they click "like" or make comments. It could be that they are logged in as their consultant page identity and not realize what they are doing. I'd point it out to them. Then if it continues, I'd just remove their comments to "clean" up the look of your page. I understand what you mean, though. I'd feel the same way. It's fine to see the "likes" and comments coming from a person. But when it's coming from "so and so PC consultant" it doesn't look as nice from a business standpoint. You want your other guests and customers to think you are liked by others, not just from like-minded consultants. ;)

(I've never done that, but had to go look! LOL)I agree that it's your business page and it's intended for your customers. I think I'd be a bit irritated too. You want your page to have CUSTOMER comments, not be a forum for consultants to share info. Refer them to HERE for that. ;)

The funny thing is, they have to "like" my Page as their Page first, whichmeans my Page shows on the left of their Page as a Page they like...

Noora,
I just sent you a PM. I think you are talking about me. And I am VERY sorry.
When I joined this site and read through the post about the FB sites, I really liked yours and Rae's. I used them as an examples for me to build on.
I did take the on-line train with PC about this too. As for "like"ing your page with our page, I again was following the lead of others that had previously posted. I was thinking along the lines of a supportive group, not competition.
But I clearly see what you have posted here and your reasons for it. It makes total sense.
I have removed myself and all post from your's and other IC pages as me, IC for PC. I'd like to still "Like" your site and me, individual person, if you are okay with that. I'm learning to stand on my own two feet because of this site, CS, and all you supportive people.
No negitive intensions were meant. HUGE apologies...

P.S. - and thank you for posting here. I would have never thought I was offending you or anyone else. It wasn't my intention so I never thought of it.
I think the others that have done that on yours and many others pages' don't mean any harm either. I just think us new people are excited to be starting our business and excited to find others like ourselves.... You know, strength in numbers...

I hope it was not me...if it is i am sorry.

Hi Noora,

Just a quick question, when I log onto my page I see all of your posts on your page because we have "liked" each other's page. I'm assuming you are referring to if you make a comment and then I would say something about that which would show up on your page and the pages of all your customers.

When I physically go to your page, I only see the posts that you have put there. Here's my question. When you come to my page, do you see just what I have put there or do you see your posts, the posts from the Green Bay Packers (in this area it's almost required to support them) and any other page I've liked? If you see everything I've liked, therein may be another problem because I would be posting on your page unintentionally information meant mainly for my customers, but it would be showing up on your page as well. KWIM?

I wonder if most people just have no clue how it works...I know I wouldn't! (I'm not on FB.)

I have to apologize. I didn't mean to come across so harshly. I know no one is doing it maliciously. I've had a really tough week, and I guess it came across in the post.Jane - you've got it right. It's not whats on your own news feed, it's what someone comments on my posts. I don't mind consultants posting at all, customers won't know the difference.And after thinking about it a bit more, consultants posting as consultants may not be that bad after all. I mean, it shows that I'm not just making this stuff up, right?So, I'm sorry for being cranky, and I'm so glad y'all are so understanding. :)

1. How do I politely express criticism or disagreement?

When expressing criticism or disagreement, it's important to start by acknowledging the other person's perspective and feelings. Use "I" statements instead of "you" statements to avoid sounding accusatory. For example, instead of saying "You're wrong," say "I see things differently." Additionally, try to offer constructive feedback rather than just pointing out flaws.

2. What are some polite ways to give feedback?

When giving feedback, it's important to be specific and focus on the behavior or action rather than the person. Start by expressing appreciation for something positive, then offer the feedback as a suggestion for improvement. For example, "I really appreciate your hard work, but I think we could make this project even better if we include more data." Also, be sure to listen to the other person's perspective and be open to their feedback as well.

3. How can I politely decline a request?

When declining a request, it's important to be honest and direct while also expressing appreciation for the person's consideration. Start by thanking them for thinking of you and then politely decline the request. You can also offer an alternative solution or suggest someone else who may be able to help. For example, "Thank you for thinking of me, but unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the event. However, I know someone else who may be interested."

4. What's a polite way to ask someone to change their behavior?

When asking someone to change their behavior, it's important to approach the conversation with empathy and understanding. Start by expressing your concern and explaining how their behavior is impacting you or others. Then, ask if they would be willing to make a change and offer possible solutions. For example, "I've noticed that your comments can sometimes be hurtful. Would you be willing to be more mindful of how your words may affect others?"

5. How can I say no without feeling guilty?

Saying no can be difficult, but it's important to set boundaries and prioritize your own well-being. Remember that it's okay to say no and that you don't owe anyone an explanation. Be polite but firm in your response and try not to over-apologize. You can also suggest an alternative solution or offer to help in a different way. Most importantly, don't feel guilty for setting boundaries and taking care of yourself.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • slhalepc
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AliiciaS
  • ericadboone