• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Facebook Timeline vs. Fan Page: Which One Do You Need?

In summary, Timeline and Fan Page are two features of Facebook with different purposes. Timeline is a personal profile for individuals to share their own posts and information, while Fan Page is used by businesses, organizations, or public figures to connect with their audience. To create a Timeline, you need a Facebook account and can customize its layout. The cover photo on both Timeline and Fan Page serves to visually represent the profile or page. To switch between a personal profile and Fan Page, click on the down arrow in the top right corner or go to the "Pages" tab on the Facebook homepage.
Sk8Mom209
Gold Member
Do you all have a timeline page and a fan page on Facebook? I'm wondering if I need both or if the fan page doesn't really apply.

Can some of you share your thoughts on this with me, and your timeline/pages so I can view them?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and assistance!

I take that back, since it looks like they will roll out timeline for fan pages now too...

you can switch now or wait until they force it on you March 30th. I guess that means that my personal page will switch before that date...

1. What is the difference between Timeline and Fan Page?

Timeline and Fan Page are both features of Facebook, but they serve different purposes. Timeline is an individual's personal profile, where they can share their own posts, photos, and information about themselves. Fan Page, on the other hand, is a page created by businesses, organizations, or public figures to connect with their audience and share updates, promotions, and other relevant content.

2. How do I create a Timeline for my personal profile?

To create a Timeline for your personal profile, you need to have a Facebook account. Once you have an account, log in and click on your profile picture in the top right corner. This will take you to your Timeline. From there, you can add a cover photo, update your profile picture, and start sharing posts and photos with your friends.

3. Can I customize the layout of my Timeline or Fan Page?

Yes, you can customize the layout of both your Timeline and Fan Page. On your Timeline, you can rearrange the order of your posts and photos, add or remove sections, and choose a featured photo to appear at the top of your profile. On your Fan Page, you can also rearrange the order of your posts, add tabs for different sections, and choose a featured video to appear at the top of your page.

4. What is the purpose of a cover photo on Timeline and Fan Page?

The cover photo is a large banner image that appears at the top of your Timeline or Fan Page. Its purpose is to visually represent your profile or page and give visitors a quick glimpse into your personality or brand. It is a great way to make a strong first impression and showcase your creativity.

5. How can I switch between my personal profile and Fan Page on Facebook?

To switch between your personal profile and Fan Page on Facebook, click on the down arrow in the top right corner and select "Switch Accounts." From there, you can choose which profile or page you want to switch to. Alternatively, you can also click on the "Pages" tab on the left side of your Facebook homepage to access all the pages you manage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcsharon1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • TheNewMrsRue
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cookie325
  • NooraK