• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Timeline for Fb Fan Page Can Not Be an Advertisement

In summary, the terms of use for cover photos on Facebook's Timeline for Fan pages state that the cover image must be at least 399 pixels wide and may not contain price or purchase information, contact information, references to user interface elements, or calls to action. The cover photo must also not be false, deceptive, or infringe on third parties' intellectual property. It is permissible to use a photo of the consultant in their apron, as long as it does not contain any text promoting specials or prices. Using a photo of products or the Independent Consultant logo is also acceptable. It is important to note that only the cover photo is subject to these restrictions, and that the entire timeline can still contain words.
PampChefJoy
Gold Member
I sat in on a webinar today that covered the newest features in Timeline for Fan pages and found that there are several changes... one of which restricts the way the cover photo can be used - which I was planning to design for you.Here is a summary of the terms of use for cover photos:
Cover images must be at least 399 pixels wide and may not contain: Price or purchase information, such as "40% off" or "Download it at our website"
Contact information, such as web address, email, mailing address or other information intended for your Page's About section
References to user interface elements, such as Like or Share, or any other Facebook site features
Calls to action, such as "Get it now" or "Tell your friends"All cover images are public, which means anyone visiting your Page will be able to see the image you choose. Covers must not be false, deceptive or misleading, and must not infringe on third parties' intellectual property. You may not encourage or incentivize people to upload your cover image to their personal timelines.
So, while I was asked to design cover images, I could do so for the product photos but it would be informational only - would not contain any wording for specials, prices, etc.

So my cover can't be a picture of me doing a show since my apron says Pamp Chef?

Layla, a photo of you in your apron would be fine. What Joy is saying is she can't design photos advertising current specials like Feb's 20% off stoneware/bakeware offer.

I think that would be fine... you just can't add any text that would say "try one of our aprons on" or "come join me", etc... No call to action... no pricing/specials... Might be a gray area to have a photo of whatever the current host/guest special is and call it "this month's special"... I have a feeling they would frown upon that.

I would prefer one with just products anyway. I really don't want to have to remember to change it every month. I actually already grabbed an image off the home page with the products...

NooraK said:
I would prefer one with just products anyway. I really don't want to have to remember to change it every month. I actually already grabbed an image off the home page with the products...

I'm trying to do the same thing. The picture I see has the words "56 New Products" on the upper left corner. Is that the same one you used?

Is it okay for us to use these though? Or is it considered 3rd party intellectual property?

It's too bad with the new timeline format that we can't use the ad blocks anymore. I wish I could better control the image it's showing under the "photos" section. It's just one image, and now it's my profile pic again now that I changed my profile pic. Kind of weird showing my face again at the top.

I'm using the Independent Consultant logo for my cover photo. That seems to cover the bases as well. I kind of like having a photo of myself for my profile pic on top of the logo. It looks professional.

babywings76 said:
I'm trying to do the same thing. The picture I see has the words "56 New Products" on the upper left corner. Is that the same one you used?

Is it okay for us to use these though? Or is it considered 3rd party intellectual property?

Yes, that's the one. Technically, PC gives us the right to use images in the PG, so we are licensed users of the pictures, so it's not 3rd party.

NooraK said:
Yes, that's the one. Technically, PC gives us the right to use images in the PG, so we are licensed users of the pictures, so it's not 3rd party.

Oh okay, good! Phew! I figured it was okay, but had a moment of panic! :D

babywings76 said:

I already changed this to mine... I didn't know there were "rules" for no words on our timeline (which I do not like at all!)

Hmm...

MHouting said:
I already changed this to mine... I didn't know there were "rules" for no words on our timeline (which I do not like at all!)

Hmm...

It doesn't say no words at all, just not advertising type words. And it's only in the Cover picture, not the entire timeline.

NooraK said:
It doesn't say no words at all, just not advertising type words. And it's only in the Cover picture, not the entire timeline.

Phew! Ok.... I do like 'just products pics anyways.... I think if it has LOTS of words, it could be distracting.... But good to know I can't put up a 60% off Cookware one for march... But I'm not that creative. I'm a copy paste kind of person! And love HO for allowing us to do so....

Yeah, the AdBlocks thing is going away... I wonder if they thought people were using it too much for advertising. Basically the takeaway I got from the webinar is that Facebook wants you to pay for using their advertising... so they limit the kind of ways you can use existing pages for advertising. (they want you to pay for sponsored ads or premium placement)Cover image should still be able to contain images, but can't be accompanied by an explanation. I can design a few different cover images with product photos, I guess... hopefully it will look intriguing enough for someone to contact you for more info :)

Something I did when I ran a special on scrapers earlier this month was the scraper by itself enlarged as the cover photo and the pinned to the top of the page (love that feature) was another photo accompanied by the details of the special on scrapers :)

What is a "Timeline for Fb Fan Page Can Not Be an Advertisement"?

A "Timeline for Fb Fan Page Can Not Be an Advertisement" is a restriction set by Facebook for businesses and organizations that have a Facebook fan page. It means that the cover photo and profile picture of the page cannot contain any promotional content or advertisements.

Why can't a Timeline for Fb Fan Page be an advertisement?

This restriction is in place to maintain the user experience on Facebook. The platform wants to ensure that users are not bombarded with promotional content and that the focus remains on connecting and engaging with friends and family.

Can I still promote my business or organization on my Facebook fan page?

Yes, you can still promote your business or organization on your Facebook fan page through posts and sponsored content. However, the cover photo and profile picture should not be used for promotional purposes.

What happens if I violate this restriction?

If you violate this restriction, Facebook may remove the promotional content or the entire page. Repeated violations can also lead to penalties or a ban on advertising on the platform.

Are there any exceptions to this restriction?

Yes, there are some exceptions to this restriction. For example, certain types of pages, such as movie or book pages, are allowed to use their cover photo for promotional purposes. Additionally, if you are running a contest or giveaway, you can include promotional content in your cover photo with certain limitations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampChefJoy
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
aried
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • NooraK