• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effortlessly Share Your Recipes on Your FB Page - Easy Access for Fans!

Photos can be posted in a variety of formats, including JPG, PNG, and PDF. If you are posting a picture of a recipe, you do not have to include the entire recipe in the comment space. You can simply post the picture and then include a comment about the recipe. Photos can be posted in a variety of formats, including JPG, PNG, and PDF. If you are posting a picture of a recipe, you do not have to include...
kcmckay
Gold Member
Hi I know I've seen mention but not sure from who but various people in using their FB page to post their recipes and using them to get "fans". Where do you post those recipes? I can't even remember how to post a note. I know I have when my status is too long and I'm given the option. But I want to post recipes and have them in an easy to access place. Thanks for your help!

I just put the recipe in the comment space and add a yummy pic. Then I click like and often make a comment on my regular FB page. I try to put a recipe, tip, or something about the business every day or so. I have had some good comments, but not for a few weeks. I do know people look and I have added a fan of about one a week.

It depends on the apps you have for your page (you can edit and change them at any time). I use "Discussions" to post the written details of monthly specials, rectuiting specials, and any other news. I delete old threads at the end of the month when the special is over. I use "Photos" to post the HO special flyers (after I edit in my contact info), and I use "Notes" to post reicpes and a picture of the recipe.

Feel free to look at my page http://www.facebook.com/Pampered.Chef.Powerhouse

byrd1956 said:
I just put the recipe in the comment space and add a yummy pic. Then I click like and often make a comment on my regular FB page. I try to put a recipe, tip, or something about the business every day or so. I have had some good comments, but not for a few weeks. I do know people look and I have added a fan of about one a week.

How do you fit the whole recipe in the comment space? When you originally post a status it limits how many words you can post. Or are you talking about some other place? I love the idea of 'liking' it to get it on your personal page (therefore in your newsfeed) without it being posted there. Clever! :)

WendyE said:
How do you fit the whole recipe in the comment space? When you originally post a status it limits how many words you can post. Or are you talking about some other place? I love the idea of 'liking' it to get it on your personal page (therefore in your newsfeed) without it being posted there. Clever! :)

Status is limited word usage, but comments on a status are not. I know, it's weird....

ChefBeckyD said:
Status is limited word usage, but comments on a status are not. I know, it's weird....

Right, so how do you get a comment space to put the recipe in? By posting the picture of the recipe first then commenting on it?

WendyE said:
Right, so how do you get a comment space to put the recipe in? By posting the picture of the recipe first then commenting on it?

Yes, I just usually make a post and then comment on it.

Although, I think I read somewhere that if you are posting a picture, you don't have the 420 word limit when saying something about the picture. Haven't tried it yet to see if that's true.

I create a note and put the full recipe and picture (if I can find one) with it. I like doing this, so that way later on people can always go to my notes section and read all the recipes I've shared. At my shows I tell people this. I like it because then people don't have to get frustrated scrolling through the old posts trying to remember where or when you shared a recipe. ;)And then I "like" the recipe from my profile so it's linked there and reminds people about my biz page. :D

lt1jane said:
I use "Photos" to post the HO special flyers (after I edit in my contact info)

I couldn't get this to work. The HO special flyers are in PDF form and when I try to post under photos it wants a jpeg or other photo file. How do you do that? I tried to see if I could save the HO flyer as a photo, but the only option it gave me was a PDF. Thanks for your help. Your facebook page looks great! Well rounded and full of info!

WendyE said:
I couldn't get this to work. The HO special flyers are in PDF form and when I try to post under photos it wants a jpeg or other photo file. How do you do that? I tried to see if I could save the HO flyer as a photo, but the only option it gave me was a PDF. Thanks for your help. Your facebook page looks great! Well rounded and full of info!

While you're in Acrobat reader, click on "tools", then "select & zoon", then "snapshot tool". Then you line things up that you want a picture of and click or release and it'll copy the image. Then I go into Word and click paste. Right click the image there now and select "save as picture" and then you can save it as a jpeg.

With a Mac, I just click "shift, command, 4" and then it lets me line things up and take a shot of it and puts it as a picture, so it's simpler for me now.

Hope that helps! :)

lt1jane said:
Feel free to look at my page http://www.facebook.com/Pampered.Chef.Powerhouse

Like I said, your FB page is awesome! I was just looking around it trying to figure out how you post the flyers and have a few more questions to go with the one before this about the PDF vs a JPeg etc.

First, where are you getting your flyers? I know I can get host/guest spec flyers on CC, but I've never seen where you can put your own contact info on them. How do you do that?

And where do you find the other flyers, like the going going gone flyer and the new products flyer? I just looked all over CC and can't find them anywhere? Again, how did you get your info on there?

Thanks for the help. These little things can take so much time to figure out! But once you know, you are all set.

WendyE said:
Where are you getting your flyers? I know I can get host/guest spec flyers on CC, but I've never seen where you can put your own contact info on them. How do you do that?

When you look at the flyers, there is an empty space to stamp or place a label with your info on it. I have Adobe Photoshop which is photo editing software. I can open the .pdf files, edit in my info and save as a .jpeg I'm guessing that other photo progams will do something similar.

And where do you find the other flyers, like the going going gone flyer and the new products flyer? I just looked all over CC and can't find them anywhere? Again, how did you get your info on there?

Those are here on CS. Joy created the Going, Going, Gone and I created the new products pages. Check the files and you should find them and the threads. Again, I use Photoshop to put my info in there as I don't have Adobe Acrobat, only the viewer. Those files are availabe in Word format. Once you have the info in Word, you may be able to convert it using a free coversion program. Someone else was talking about finding a conversion program to convert the files to required formats.

here's the link for the new products thread: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f20/new-products-69430/

here's the Going, Going, Gone thread: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f107/retiring-items-flyer-69260/

Last edited:
lt1jane said:
When you look at the flyers, there is an empty space to stamp or place a label with your info on it. I have Adobe Photoshop which is photo editing software. I can open the .pdf files, edit in my info and save as a .jpeg I'm guessing that other photo progams will do something similar.

Those are here on CS. Joy created the Going, Going, Gone and I created the new products pages. Check the files and you should find them and the threads. Again, I use Photoshop to put my info in there as I don't have Adobe Acrobat, only the viewer. Those files are availabe in Word format. Once you have the info in Word, you may be able to convert it using a free coversion program. Someone else was talking about finding a conversion program to convert the files to required formats.

here's the link for the new products thread: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f20/new-products-69430/

here's the Going, Going, Gone thread: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f107/retiring-items-flyer-69260/

Wow! You go to a lot of trouble doing these up. Thanks for all the info! I am going to go see if I can follow it and make something happen. Thanks again for sharing! Appreciate your knowledge and patience. :)

So I took all the great advice above and tried creating .jpg pics that I could post on facebook from either a .doc (word document) or a .pdf (flyers from here and Consultants Corner). I didn't have the programs that were mentioned to convert from a pdf or a doc to a jpg, so I started looking online.

I found a FREE converter online that I tried out and it works like a charm! Go to Zamzar - Free online file conversion to find the FREE converter right on the home page. You can pay for extra services, but can use the converter free. Here's how you do it step by step for all you newbies out there:

1. When you've found the document that you would like to post on FB either here in the 'files' section or on consultants corner, save it to your computer. It will either save as a .pdf or a .doc I recommend saving these files in a folder under My Documents, Pampered Chef, Flyers and Brochures, on your computer.

2. Go to Zamzar - Free online file conversion In the first box (Step 1), click on 'browse' then find your document where you filed it on your computer and select it. It does not show up in the box on the zamzar page for some reason, but just trust its there.

3. In the next box (step 2) plug in the type of document you want to convert it to, which in this case will be a .jpg.

4. In the next box (step 3) enter the email address you want the new document to be sent to, then click 'convert' in step 4.

5. When you receive the email from zamzar (which comes in less than 5 min), click on the link in the email (below the blue promotional box) to the new document. You will see one or two download boxes next to your doucument(s). I did not choose the zip file, I chose the straight up .jpg file. Click the green download now button.

6. On my computer a box comes up with the options of 'open', 'save' and 'cancel'. Click the down arrow next to 'save', then choose 'save as'. Then you can save the new .jpg file to your computer and name it what you choose. Save this file under My Pictures, so you know it's a picture later. When you go to post it on FB, you will look in your pictures, so that is where you want it to be. I have a Pampered Chef file under My Pictures then a 'Flyers and Brochures' file under that.

7. Now you're all set to go to Facebook, click on 'photo' next to 'share' at the top of your page, browse your computer for the picture of the flyer you just created, choose it then say something about it below.

Seems confusing but if you follow this step by step you'll see that it's actually quite easy! Good luck!

babywings76 said:
While you're in Acrobat reader, click on "tools", then "select & zoon", then "snapshot tool". Then you line things up that you want a picture of and click or release and it'll copy the image. Then I go into Word and click paste. Right click the image there now and select "save as picture" and then you can save it as a jpeg.

With a Mac, I just click "shift, command, 4" and then it lets me line things up and take a shot of it and puts it as a picture, so it's simpler for me now.

Hope that helps! :)

The snapshot tool is grayed out for me - why would that be?

An easy way to add recipes to your business FB page when you're editing it, there is an option for Apps - I use Recipe Binder and it is AMAZING!

dannyzmom said:
The snapshot tool is grayed out for me - why would that be?

I'm not sure what that would be. :confused: Sorry I can't help more. I like Aimee's idea though. I'm going to look into doing that.

frozenchef said:
An easy way to add recipes to your business FB page when you're editing it, there is an option for Apps - I use Recipe Binder and it is AMAZING!

Can you give us the link to your FB page so we can see what it is like? Thanks!

What are the steps for posting a recipe on a page?

To post a recipe on a page, follow these steps:

1. Decide on the recipe you want to post and gather all the necessary ingredients and instructions.
  2. Create a post on your page using a descriptive title for the recipe.
  3. Write a brief introduction or story about the recipe to engage your audience.
  4. Include a list of ingredients and their measurements.
  5. Add step-by-step instructions for preparing the recipe.
  6. Include any tips or variations for the recipe.
  7. Attach a photo or video of the finished dish to entice your audience.
  8. Proofread and edit your post before publishing.

Can I post recipes from other sources on my page?

Yes, you can post recipes from other sources on your page as long as you give proper credit to the original source. This can be done by mentioning the source in your post or linking back to the original recipe.

How can I make my recipe post more visually appealing?

You can make your recipe post more visually appealing by including high-quality photos or videos of the finished dish, step-by-step process photos, or even creating an eye-catching graphic to showcase the recipe. Adding relevant and visually appealing images can help entice your audience and make your post stand out.

Is it necessary to include nutritional information in my recipe post?

It is not necessary to include nutritional information in your recipe post, but it can be helpful for those with dietary restrictions or preferences. If you choose to include nutritional information, make sure to calculate it accurately and provide a disclaimer that it may vary depending on ingredients and serving size.

How can I engage my audience with my recipe post?

You can engage your audience with your recipe post by asking them to share their thoughts or experiences with the recipe, encouraging them to try it out and tag you in their posts, or hosting a cooking challenge with the recipe. You can also engage with your audience by responding to comments and answering any questions they may have about the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ericadboone
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ericadboone
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • raebates