• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Career-Limiting Pen-Name: What Can I Do?

Keep your name out there by doing shows, talking to people and letting them know about your product or service.
holly1594
Okay guys and gals...Richard from PC called me today about my "pen-name"....(see previous thread---- http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=20537)! :cool: We talked for about 30 mins, he is super nice! He said this was his first-time ever in his career that this type of situation has come up. We went over all the PC policies together about advertising! You do have to use your ACTUAL NAME....bummer for me cause now I cannot advertise my business like I wanted to do! He said I could possibly use my maiden name, but he would have to check on that for sure. I told him not to worry about it because I probably would not be allowed to use it anyway. My 9 to 5 job says I cannot advertise my real name due to security issues---my maiden name would still be my real name. He is a really great guy and made me feel important and he wanted to help!! I guess the only thing I can do is word of mouth, which I HAVE been doing since FEB 2007 and it's not really getting me anywhere at this point. Anybody else have any more suggestions before I hang up my apron?? Maybe it was a bad idea to sign up knowing the type of job I have with it's limitation....but I was sooooo excited about signing up that I wasn't thinking about my future.:(

Thanks!

I don't advertise at all except through my business cards, shows, newsletters, etc. - the "normal" stuff. I have been successful and have not had to put $ out for advertising. If you want a quick boost, do a booth at some kind of fair - that REALLY gets you out of your family and friends!

booth is a great idea! it's gets your name out without really "advertising". One thing I am going to do next week is tack reciepes to mailbox posts with my name, number and website. would that be allowed for you? doing a booth people will say oh you sell PC. I had that happen alot this past weekend. I already have one show booked. now I am working on more...but don't give up yet!!!

Are you allowed to hand out your catalogs with your info on them? If I were you I think I would stick to a cell phone for your # that you use for pc,(like on catty's and such) that way people cant look it up.

In 3.5 years I have basically NEVER advertised other than word of mouth (and my own BIG mouth) and have managed to become quite successful. You don't NEED to waste $ on ads in papers - just DO cooking shows, TALK to people...you'll do great!

As mentioned earlier, I wouldn't worry about not advertising. I also mostly only do shows, newsletters, etc. I have an ad in our church bulletin & that's it. I don't even do fairs & such. Remember that you have only been doing this for 3 months, so it will take some time to get a customer base going. Good luck!

I have advertized in the local paper, in a newcomer pamphlet for our town (done yearly), in a newsletter and play bills. The newsletter gave me 2 orders otherwise it was a total waste of my time and money. I've had other calls but not business.

I have a sign in my yard and I leave cards or catalogs several places. What works for me is fairs and word of mouth. In 5 years I continue to have consistant sales and most of my hosts are people I didn't know 6 months ago. Most of my business comes from my shows and then the fairs - and now that I'm a director Home Office Leads!.

My opinion is don't waste your money or effort on paid advertizing.

Related to Career-Limiting Pen-Name: What Can I Do?

1. What is the purpose of "Career-Limiting Pen-Name: What Can I Do?"

"Career-Limiting Pen-Name: What Can I Do?" is a book that helps individuals navigate challenging workplace situations and make strategic decisions to advance their careers.

2. Who is the target audience for this book?

The target audience for "Career-Limiting Pen-Name: What Can I Do?" is anyone in the workforce, from entry-level employees to seasoned professionals, who wants to avoid common pitfalls and advance in their career.

3. Is this book only for a specific industry or job type?

No, "Career-Limiting Pen-Name: What Can I Do?" is applicable to all industries and job types. The strategies and advice in the book can be tailored to fit various workplace environments.

4. Can this book be helpful for both employees and managers?

Yes, "Career-Limiting Pen-Name: What Can I Do?" offers valuable insights for both employees and managers. It provides tips for employees to navigate challenging situations and for managers to create a positive and inclusive work culture.

5. Does this book offer practical solutions to common workplace issues?

Absolutely. "Career-Limiting Pen-Name: What Can I Do?" offers practical solutions and actionable steps to address common workplace issues such as communication problems, conflicts, and career advancement obstacles. It also includes real-life scenarios and examples to illustrate the strategies presented in the book.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Pampered Laura
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • byrd1956
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila