• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Have a Host Who Wants a No-Bake Appetizer for a Show Friday Night.

In summary, the conversation suggests a Greek Torta or a Fiesta Cheese Torta as a no-bake appetizer option for a show on Friday night. Other suggestions include a Garden Dip, Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce over cream cheese, and various veggie or fruit platters. Recipes for the Fiesta Cheese Torta and other no-bake options can be found on the Pampered Chef website.
jrny2001
Silver Member
I have a host who wants a no-bake appetizer for a show Friday night.
I have NO ideas.
Any suggestions?

Re: Help!
jrny2001 said:
I have a host who wants a no-bake appetizer for a show Friday night.
I have NO ideas.
Any suggestions?

The Greek Torta....its on CC under recipes...HTH

Re: Help!Greek Cheese Torta

Re: Help!Exactly what I was going to say!

Re: Help!Ditto all that! You can serve it with crackers.

Re: Help!There's also a more mexican version of the Torta, the Fiesta Torta

Re: Help!It is AWESOME with triscuits!

mrshamel3808 said:
There's also a more mexican version of the Torta, the Fiesta Torta

That is awesome too!

Re: Help!Garden Dip in the all the best cookbook, but the greek cheese torta rocks too!

Re: Help!fiesta torte is my fave! make it for just about every get together we have w/fam.

Re: Help!Do a veggie platter in front of them with mandoline, APCS, or maybe a fruit tray (or both!)

Re: Help!Do the Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce over a block of cream cheese too!

Re: Help!YES! The Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce over Cream Cheese - I have been doing this at every show, and it is one of my top selling items! Soooo simple, and it's the perfect answer for those people who come to a show and say "I don't cook". Just sold 2 bottles to a lady last night, who told me when she walked in the door that she was just there as a friend of another guest, and she wasn't buying anything. She ended up spending enough to get the Rubs for free! :D (2 Sauces, and a Knife)

ChefBeckyD said:
YES! The Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce over Cream Cheese - I have been doing this at every show, and it is one of my top selling items! Soooo simple, and it's the perfect answer for those people who come to a show and say "I don't cook". Just sold 2 bottles to a lady last night, who told me when she walked in the door that she was just there as a friend of another guest, and she wasn't buying anything. She ended up spending enough to get the Rubs for free! :D (2 Sauces, and a Knife)

Yep, just goes to show you that some of the simplest things we do have the biggest payoffs!

Re: Help!Just wondering, does she want a no bake completely, or does she want it not baked at her show.... because for the Clubhouse Chicken Squares you bake the crust ahead of time and then add the other stuff as your demo, so that way you wouldn't be heating up her house or "baking" there, but if she just wants something that isn't cooked at all, then that wouldn't work. But they are really good. There are quite a few recipes like that, the 7 layer salad pizze or something like that, I understand is good, I've never personally made it...

mrshamel3808 said:
There's also a more mexican version of the Torta, the Fiesta Torta

Where do I find this recipe?

jrny2001 said:
Where do I find this recipe?

Go to CC & do a recipe search.....wait let me see if I can copy & paste it.

Re: Help!here it is.....

Fiesta Cheese Torta
Ingredients:
16 oz (500 g) cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp (15 mL) taco seasoning mix
2 garlic cloves, pressed
4 oz (125 g) shredded cheddar cheese (about 1 cup/250 mL)
1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped green onions with tops
1/4 cup (50 mL) snipped fresh cilantro
1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
1/2 cup (125 mL) pitted ripe olives, drained and chopped
Additional snipped fresh cilantro (optional)
Assorted crackers or tortilla chips (optional)

Directions:
1. Line inside of Small Batter Bowl with plastic wrap; set aside. In large bowl, combine cream cheese, seasoning mix and garlic; mix until well blended. Stir in cheddar cheese, green onions and cilantro; mix well.

2. Spoon 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the cream cheese mixture into bottom of batter bowl, spreading evenly. Top with diced tomato, pressing lightly. Spoon 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the cream cheese mixture over tomato, spreading evenly. Top with olives, pressing lightly. Spoon remaining cream cheese mixture over olives, spreading evenly. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.

3. To serve, invert batter bowl onto Holiday Serving Plate. Remove plastic wrap. Sprinkle with additional snipped cilantro, if desired. Serve with assorted crackers or tortilla chips, if desired.

Yield: 20 servings

Nutrients per serving: (2 tbsp/30 mL spread): Calories 110, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 170 mg, Fiber 0 g

© 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.

Re: Help!Peach and Watermelon Salsa is terrific too!

Re: Help!Steamed wontons purses are great too. I like mine fried better. Simple and easy and very delicious! Look under the recipe files. I think that Joy listed a great dipping sauce recipe too.

Good Luck!

The Pampered Chef ®
Steamed Wonton Purses
Recipe

Wontons

1/2 lb 93% lean ground turkey
1 egg
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp Asian Seasoning Mix
1 tbsp plain dry bread crumbs
1 garlic clove, pressed
16 square wonton skins

Sauce

1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp Asian Seasoning Mix
1 garlic clove, pressed

For wontons, combine turkey, egg, soy sauce, seasoning mix, bread crumbs and garlic pressed with Garlic Press in Classic Batter Bowl. Mix until incorporated using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®.

Spray inside of Stainless Steamer with nonstick cooking spray. Place wonton skins on smooth side of Large Grooved Cutting Board. Using rounded Small Scoop, place a scoop of turkey mixture onto center of each wonton. Lightly brush outer edges with water using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush. Bring corners of each wonton up toward center. Pinch corners to seal and place into Steamer.

Bring 3 cups water to a boil in (12-in.) Skillet. Reduce heat to a simmer and place Steamer into Skillet. Cover; cook wontons 5-7 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer inserted into center of wontons registers 160°F. Meanwhile, for sauce, combine ingredients in Small Batter Bowl; mix well. Carefully transfer wontons to serving platter using Sauté Tongs

Yield: 16 wontons

Nutrients per serving: Light (1 wonton and about 1 tsp sauce): Calories 80, Total Fat 1.5 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 12 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 390 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook's Tip: If desired, one 1-in. piece peeled fresh gingerroot, finely grated, 2 garlic cloves, pressed and 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper can be substituted for the Asian Seasoning Mix in the wontons.

If desired, 1 tsp grated fresh gingerroot and 1 tsp toasted sesame oil can be substituted for the seasoning mix in the sauce.

Shopping List
1/2 lb 93% lean ground turkey
1 egg
4 tbsp soy sauce
2 1/2 tbsp Asian Seasoning Mix
1 tbsp plain dry bread crumbs
2 garlic cloves
16 square wonton skins
1/4 cup rice vinegar

Cook's Tips: If desired, one 1-in. piece peeled fresh gingerroot, finely grated, 2 garlic cloves, pressed and 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper can be substituted for the Asian Seasoning Mix in the wontons.

If desired, 1 tsp grated fresh gingerroot and 1 tsp toasted sesame oil can be substituted for the seasoning mix in the sauce.

Re: Help!Thank You all for the recipies and ideas.
I went with the Greek Cheese Torta and everyone LOVED it!
Also made the lemon gingertini's which have also been a big hit this season.

Can't wait to try the fiesta version. And those wonton purses sound really yummy!

Re: Help!The Wonton purses are yummy!!!!

The Greek Cheese Torta is one of my faves! I also make them in the prep bowls. Everyone can get their own :)

1. What are some easy no-bake appetizer recipes?

Some easy no-bake appetizer recipes include caprese skewers, fruit salsa with cinnamon chips, antipasto platter, and hummus with pita chips.

2. Can I make a no-bake appetizer ahead of time?

Yes, many no-bake appetizers can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until the show on Friday night. This can save you time and stress on the day of the show.

3. How long do no-bake appetizers last?

The shelf life of no-bake appetizers varies, but most can last for 1-2 days in the refrigerator. It is best to consume them within this time frame for optimal freshness.

4. Can I use Pampered Chef products to make a no-bake appetizer?

Yes, there are many Pampered Chef products that can be used to make delicious no-bake appetizers, such as the Mix 'N Chop, Quick Slice, and Quick Cooker.

5. How can I make a no-bake appetizer look more presentable for my guests?

There are many ways to make a no-bake appetizer look more presentable, such as using decorative serving platters, garnishing with fresh herbs or fruits, and arranging the appetizers in an appealing way. You can also use Pampered Chef products, like the Decorating Bag Set, to add a professional touch to your presentation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sboothpcchef
  • Jennie50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • nikki70563