• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Some Easy and Entertaining Holiday Appetizer Ideas?

!Make a basic cream cheese dough (pecan tassie dough) and roll into small balls (one ball per well), or use refrigerated pie crust cut into small circles (about a 3 inch circle) and place into wells. Use lightly floured tart shaper to push into cups. Make filling by preparing Stove Top stuffing (we used turkey flavor) according to package directions (at my shows, I make it in the microwave in the classic batter bowl). Mix with a can of cream of mushroom soup and 1 egg. Chop up some cooked turkey (really, the amount is to taste, but I think I used between 6 and 8 oz. or so) and mix in stuffing. Use small scoop to add a scoop
heat123
Silver Member
A host wants me to do an easy- entertaining- type appetizer served around the holidays, for our show next week. Any suggestions? TIA!

The Greek Cheese Torta is my favorite! I just made it tonight for the first time in prep for a show this weekend and I was blown away! It was so simple and so pretty looking. I served in on a Dots plate. Instead of the pistachios I put toasted almonds. I totally loved it!

Baked Brie or greek torta. Both are really easy, look really impressive and are REALLY yummy!

I love the new recipe in the latest SBRC, Mediterranean dip with baked pitas. I don't remember the name, but I'm making it for my show next week. It is soooo good.

Oh, I also LOVE the mini quiche lorraine tartlets, but they are not as quick and easy. So yummy though!

I love warm appetizers :)

I might have to try the mediterranean dip too...

The brie recipes and their variations.. You can't get simpler and they use, 3 ingredients, plus some nuts.

Mini-Ham Puffs
Elegant Artichoke Cups
and I agree with everyone about the Brie - good & definitely easy

And don't forget that our rubs and seasonings make cold dips. I do half recipes of 2 or 3. Have the host choose from Dill, SW, BBQ, Chipotle.

Half recipes: Use 1/2 cup mayo and 1/2 cup sour cream for each dip

Chipotle Dip: add 1 Tbsp Chipotle
Dill Dip: add 1-1/2 Tbsp Dill Seasoning
SW Dip: add 1 to 1-1/2 Tbsp SW Seasoning
BBQ Dip: add 1 to 1-1/2 Tbsp BBQ Rub

If you make only 2, you can show them off in the SA small bowls and caddy.I like that this shows that our Rubs and Seasonings are just as easy to use as Tastefully Simple!

Yeah, I tried both the jalepeno and the dijon bries. Loved the jalepeno one! Forgot about the greek cheese torta! YUM. I guess I was thinkin "holiday" type appets like the xmas tree cool veggie one ;). Thanks!

Greek Cheese Torta is my favorite plus it's Christmas colors! It's a great recipe to show off because it can be made a head of time and served when needed. I made it for my jewelry party last weekend and everyone raved out it.

wadesgirl said:
Greek Cheese Torta is my favorite plus it's Christmas colors! It's a great recipe to show off because it can be made a head of time and served when needed. I made it for my jewelry party last weekend and everyone raved out it.

I was just thinkin that too about the Xmas colors!:D

Here's one I got from another consultant...thanks Jane P.
I think I'm going to try these at a show next Thursday...

THANKSGIVING IN A BITE
Make a basic cream cheese dough (pecan tassie dough) and roll into small balls (one ball per well), or use refrigerated pie crust cut into small circles (about a 3 inch circle) and place into wells. Use lightly floured tart shaper to push into cups. Make filling by preparing Stove Top stuffing (we used turkey flavor) according to package directions (at my shows, I make it in the microwave in the classic batter bowl). Mix with a can of cream of mushroom soup and 1 egg. Chop up some cooked turkey (really, the amount is to taste, but I think I used between 6 and 8 oz. or so) and mix in stuffing. Use small scoop to add a scoop of the filling to each cup. Press down slightly using the back of the scoop. Use the can opener to open a can of WHOLE cranberry sauce and pour into small batter bowl. Mash up so it's a "sauce" and not a "jello". Use a small spoon to top each cup with a few cranberries. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until the stuffing is browned slightly. Use the citrus press to remove from pan. For added flavor, you could throw some chopped up dried cranberries in before you make the stuffing. Also, someone suggested mixing in some orange zest with the cranberry sauce.

Basic Dough recipe

1/2 cup margarine
1 pkg. (3oz) cream cheese
1 cup flour

Let margarine and cream cheese soften to room temp. Mix together. Add flour & mix to form a soft dough. Chill at least 1 hour or overnight. (Can be kept in your Batter Bowl for several days.) Form dough into 30 walnut-sized balls. (I will use my small stainless steel scoop next time.) Place each ball in a mini-muffin pan cup. Dip the mini-tart shaper in flour & press into dough to shape tarts

kreaser said:
Use the citrus press to remove from pan.
I think you mean the citrus peeler.

sounds good saving for later, thanks for the great tips

Related to What Are Some Easy and Entertaining Holiday Appetizer Ideas?

1. What are some easy and delicious holiday appetizers I can make for a party?

At Pampered Chef, we have a variety of holiday appetizer recipes that are both easy to make and sure to impress your guests. Some popular options include our Spinach and Artichoke Dip, Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts, and Cranberry Brie Bites. All of these recipes can be found on our website or in our holiday recipe book.

2. I need to make appetizers for a large group. Can you recommend any recipes that can be made in bulk?

Absolutely! Our Holiday Pinwheels and Holiday Bruschetta are both great options for making in large batches. They can easily be doubled or tripled to accommodate a large crowd, and they are always a hit at parties.

3. I have a few guests with dietary restrictions. Do you have any appetizer suggestions that are gluten-free?

Yes, we have many gluten-free appetizer options. Our Sweet and Spicy Nuts, Stuffed Mushrooms, and Antipasto Skewers are all gluten-free and delicious. You can also check out our website for more gluten-free recipes.

4. I want to make appetizers ahead of time. Can any of your recipes be made in advance?

Yes, several of our holiday appetizer recipes can be prepared ahead of time. Our Cranberry Salsa, Holiday Hummus, and Cheesy Bacon Pinwheels can all be made a day or two in advance and stored in the fridge until your party. Just make sure to follow the proper storage instructions for each recipe.

5. I'm looking for a vegetarian appetizer. What do you recommend?

We have many vegetarian appetizer options at Pampered Chef. Our Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Dip, Spinach and Feta Bites, and Veggie Crescent Bites are all delicious and meat-free. You can also find more vegetarian recipes on our website or in our holiday recipe book.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• A Pampered Kitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefMary412
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefmeg
Replies