• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy & Quick Appetizer on the Lighter Side?

In summary, some quick and easy appetizers on the lighter side include cucumber bites with hummus, fruit skewers with yogurt dip, and bruschetta with tomato and basil. For vegetarian options, caprese salad skewers, roasted vegetable crostini, and spinach and feta phyllo cups are great choices. Gluten-free options include shrimp cocktail with homemade sauce, quinoa and avocado bites, and stuffed mushrooms with gluten-free breadcrumbs. Make-ahead options include chilled gazpacho shooters, mini quiches with spinach and feta, and cucumber and smoked salmon bites. Low-carb options include zucchini and goat cheese roll-ups, prosciutto-wrapped asparagus, and deviled eggs with avocado instead of mayo.
DebbieJ
I am doing a show on Tuesday. Our main demo is the Ice Cream Nachos.

Anyway.....she wants a 2nd recipe. A fun appetizer or a good gift type of thing. So I suggested the sprinkles dip--cream cheese and fluff, mix in sprinkles, and we're done! Great tie in with the Sweeten It Up gift set. Well, that is too "heavy"--she referenced the sour cream/mayo heaviness of Tastefully Simple parties.

So, I need something else--has to be easy and fast and "light." Oh, and preferably NOT use the oven because it's going to be 90 degrees on Tuesday. I did a recipe search on CC and the Brown Sugar Dijon Brie came up as a light appetizer recipe--I suggested it to her and I hope she likes it even if it uses the oven.

I usually just do one recipe, but I told her I'd think of something, so I'm going with it. Any ideas????

Greek Cheese Torta, perhaps?

Ooh, good one Keith!

It's always a winner in my book! Plus, it seems summery to me. It looks cute on the Medium Bamboo Platter with the small bamboo spreader from whatever set that is it comes in.

Greek Cheese Torta is all cream cheesy too...

I'd do pass around salsa w/ chips...Let the guests do the work. You could always have them mash up some avocados and do a guacamole with it. And that would fit in with the Nachos theme for the demo.

leftymac said:
Greek Cheese Torta, perhaps?

Oh, yes! This is a great one. I did it at yesterday's party and it was gone in a flash. Everyone was raving how quick and delicious it was.

anyone have a recipe for a good salsa??

What are some quick and easy appetizers that are on the lighter side?

Some easy and light appetizers include cucumber bites with hummus, fruit skewers with yogurt dip, and bruschetta with tomato and basil.

Can you recommend any vegetarian appetizer options?

Yes, some vegetarian appetizers that are quick and light include caprese salad skewers, roasted vegetable crostini, and spinach and feta phyllo cups.

Do you have any gluten-free appetizer options?

Absolutely, some gluten-free appetizers that are quick and light include shrimp cocktail with homemade gluten-free cocktail sauce, quinoa and avocado bites, and stuffed mushrooms with gluten-free breadcrumbs.

What are some appetizers that can be made ahead of time?

There are plenty of make-ahead appetizers that are on the lighter side, including chilled gazpacho shooters, mini quiches with spinach and feta, and cucumber and smoked salmon bites.

Can you recommend any low-carb appetizer options?

Yes, some low-carb appetizers that are quick and light include zucchini and goat cheese roll-ups, prosciutto-wrapped asparagus, and deviled eggs with avocado instead of mayo.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkathy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • jenniepc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sjackson
  • babywings76