• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frugal Appetizer Ideas for a Night Out

I picked up some crackers and veggies...now to decide if I want to do a dip or a cheese ball....hmmmDo you have the cards? It's the one with the bagel on it.No. Is this new? We don't have the new products in Canada yet.Yes, it is.The new MFP cards have a veggie spread that is wonderful! Serve it with cheap wheat thins to make a dip or cheese ball.
PamperedK
Silver Member
I'm going out tonight and have extremely limited funds, but I promised I'd bring an appetizer. I was thinking of Bacon Cheddar Bites but it needs to be cold.

Any ideas? Mango and Pineapple salsa are my first choices, but they're too expensive for me right now. I was thinking cream cheese and our sauces but when I suggested that, I got a bit of a "blech" face. lol

How about a dip using one of the rubs? 1 c. mayo, 1 c. sour cream, and 2-3 T rub. Cut up some celery and carrot sticks or a cuke--whatever veggies are on sale?

The veggie spread from the new MFP cards is wonderful! Serve it with cheap wheat thins :)

Cheese ball..8 oz cream cheese..and 2 TBSP of one of the oil dipping seasonings..serve it with crackers.

chefheidi2003 said:
Cheese ball..8 oz cream cheese..and 2 TBSP of one of the oil dipping seasonings..serve it with crackers.

For the cheese ball, do you mix it really well and then just shape it into a ball? Then do you just put it on a platter with crackers around it?

loreo said:
The veggie spread from the new MFP cards is wonderful! Serve it with cheap wheat thins :)

I don't seem to have that one...

thanks for the ideas! I picked up some crackers and veggies...now to decide if I want to do a dip or a cheese ball....hmmm

1PamperedMommy said:
For the cheese ball, do you mix it really well and then just shape it into a ball? Then do you just put it on a platter with crackers around it?

That is what I do..just soften the creamcheese..and then just mix in the seasoning. And then like you said put it on a platter with crackers around it.

PamperedK said:
I don't seem to have that one...

Do you have the cards? It's the one with the bagel on it.

No. Is this new? We don't have the new products in Canada yet.

Yes, it is. Process:

• 1/2 small carrot ( I use baby carrots)
    1 clove garlic
    1/2 small red pepper
    3 green onions w/ tops
    dash salt

Then mix in 8oz cream cheese. YUM-O!!

Oooh that sounds awesome thank you!

What are some budget-friendly appetizer ideas for a night out?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I highly recommend trying these frugal appetizer ideas for a night out:

• Individual crostini with toppings like bruschetta, pesto, or cheese
  • Veggie platter with homemade dip or hummus
  • Miniature quiches or frittatas
  • Meat and cheese skewers
  • Baked sweet potato fries with a dipping sauce

Can I make these appetizers ahead of time?

Yes, most of these appetizers can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you're ready to serve them. This will save you time and stress on the night of your outing.

Are these appetizers suitable for a variety of dietary restrictions?

Yes, these frugal appetizer ideas can be easily adapted to accommodate different dietary restrictions. For example, you can use gluten-free bread for the crostini or offer a variety of toppings for different dietary needs.

Can I use Pampered Chef products to make these appetizers?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef has a wide range of products that can help you make these appetizers quickly and easily. From our stoneware baking pans to our food chopper, we have everything you need to create delicious and budget-friendly appetizers.

Do you have any tips for saving money on ingredients for these appetizers?

One tip is to shop for ingredients at your local farmer's market or discount grocery store. You can often find great deals on fresh produce and other ingredients that will help you save money. Also, don't be afraid to substitute ingredients or use what you already have on hand to make these appetizers even more budget-friendly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krahema
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • kam