• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some great no cheese recipe ideas for appetizers?

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for recipe suggestions that do not contain cheese for a host who does not eat it. Some suggestions given include a trifle dessert, phyllo wrapped asparagus with red pepper aioli, Asian sweet and sour meatballs, tangy bacon roll-ups, fruit dips, chunky artichoke salsa, cinnamon tostada chips, creamy peanut dip with fresh vegetables, and fresh salsa. Another person shares their experience with making a chocolate-themed dish for someone who does not eat cheese. A recipe for chocolate macaroon pizza is also mentioned.
CrazyChef
I'm looking for a few demo recipes that contain no cheese whatsoever. I have a host who doesn't eat it. I'm having a hard time with ideas since all my tried and true demo recipes contain some form or cheese (cheddar or cream or feta). I can't do the profiterole puffs (was demo'ed at last show).

I can think of a trifle dessert. But I'm at a loss for ideas for appetizer recipes. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Julie

The new recipe in the S/S SB for Dulce de Leche bites is awesome... it has 4oz of cream cheese but noone would ever know because it's mixed with the Dulce de Leche caramel sauce. I took them to a show on Sunday and they were a MAJOR hit. They are very easy... just take a bit of time.. .I'd make the shells ahead and use it as an extra ecipe.

Phyllo Wrapped Asparagus with Red Pepper Aioli, Asian Sweet and Sour Meatballs or the Tangy Bacon Roll-Ups?

Maybe some of the fruit dips? ...or...

Chunky Artichoke Salsa
Ingredients:
1 jar (6.5 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped red onion
3 medium plum tomatoes, diced
1 garlic clove, pressed
2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil leaves
Salt and ground black pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Drain marinade from artichokes into Classic Batter Bowl. Using Food Chopper, chop artichokes, olives and red onion. Dice tomatoes using Utility Knife.

2. Place vegetables into batter bowl. Press garlic into batter bowl using Garlic Press. Add basil to vegetable mixture; mix gently. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.

Yield: 16 servings

Nutrients per serving: (2 tablespoons): Calories 17, Total Fat 1 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 0 g, Sodium 80 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Cinnamon Tostada Chips
Ingredients:
4 (7-inch) flour tortillas
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray tortillas with water using Kitchen Spritzer. Combine sugar and cinnamon in Flour/Sugar Shaker; sprinkle over tortillas.

2. Using Pizza Cutter, cut each tortilla into 8 wedges; place in single layer on Large Round Stone. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely.

Yield: 32 chips

Nutrients per serving: (4 chips): Calories 45, Total Fat 1.5 g, Sodium 135 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Cook’s Tips: Pantry Korintje Cinnamon can be substituted for ground cinnamon.

Creamy Peanut Dip with Fresh Vegetables
Ingredients:
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 1-inch piece fresh ginger root, cut in half, pressed
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
1 large red or green bell pepper
Assorted fresh vegetables such as carrots, cucumber, zucchini, mushrooms, bell pepper or celery

Directions:
1. Place cream cheese and peanut butter in Small Batter Bowl; mix until smooth with Classic Scraper. Press garlic clove and ginger root using Garlic Press and add to cream cheese mixture. Add remaining ingredients except vegetables.

2. V-cut bell pepper using V-Shaped Cutter; place in center of Chillzanne® Platter fitted with Divider. Fill with dip. Cut carrots, cucumber and zucchini using Crinkle Cutter. Slice mushrooms using Egg Slicer Plus®. Cut bell pepper strips and celery sticks using Utility Knife. Arrange vegetables on platter and serve.

Yield: 1 1/2 cups dip (12 servings)

Fresh Salsa
Ingredients:
4 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
1/2 cup fresh snipped cilantro
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions:
1. Chop tomatoes and green onion with Food Chopper; place in Classic Batter Bowl.

2. Snip cilantro with Kitchen Shears. Add cilantro and remaining ingredients to tomato mixture; mix gently.

3. Cover; chill until ready to serve. Place salsa in Chillzanne® Mini-Bowl with Bamboo Spooners™; serve with tortilla chips.

Yield: 8 servings (1 cup)

Nutrients per serving: Calories 15, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 4 g, Protein less than 1 g, Sodium 80 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

My SIL doesn't eat cheese so for her, we did a chocolate theme. I made the chocolate bowls with the balloons and this:

Chocolate Macaroon Pizza
1 pkg. (450g) fudge brownie mix
2 egg whites
2 pkg. (200g each) sweetened flaked coconut
1 can (300mL) sweetened condensed milk
1/2 C. sliced almonds
1 square (1oz/30g) semisweet chocolate
1 tsp. vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut a 15-inch circle of parchment paper; place on large
round stone. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Pour batter
onto parchment paper, spreading into a 14-inch circle. (Do not bake without
parchment paper or batter will run off baking stone while baking) Bake 15-18
minutes or until brownie is set. Do not over bake. Remove to cooling rack.
In clean bowl, separate egg whites from egg yolks . (Set egg yolks aside for
another use.) Fold coconut and sweetened condensed milk into egg whites. Spread
coconut mixture over top of brownie base to within 2 inches of edge. Sprinkle
with almonds. Return to oven and bake 25 minutes or until edges of coconut are
deep golden brown. Remove to cooling rack. Finely chop chocolate. Melt chocolate
with oil in micro-wave, uncovered, on MEDIUM 2 minutes, stirring once, or until
chocolate is melted and smooth.
Using a pizza cutter, cut pizza into serving wedges. Drizzle with melted
chocolate. Serve
TIP: Brownie base can be baked earlier in the day and cooled before finishing.
Then top, bake and serve warm, if desired.
Yields 16 servings
Per serving:386 calories; 5g protein; 21g fat; 48g carbohydrate; 192 mg sodium

The Chocolate Pecan Lattice Tart is good, and easy... and shows a bunch of tools.

But appetizer.... hmmmm...... Pan-Asian Meatballs (Tropical theme shows)? Aloha Pizza? Garlic pull-apart?

chefann said:
The Chocolate Pecan Lattice Tart is good, and easy... and shows a bunch of tools.

But appetizer.... hmmmm...... Pan-Asian Meatballs (Tropical theme shows)? Aloha Pizza? Garlic pull-apart?

Don't the garlic pull-aparts have Parmesan cheese on them?

(aloha pizza has mozzarella on it.)

luscious lemon angel roll
asian citrus salad
baked potstickers
ultimate banana split cake

cookin4rip said:
(aloha pizza has mozzarella on it.)
oops- I was at work and just thinking of things off the top of my head. It would be good without the cheese, though.

Technically, the garlic pull-aparts do have parmesan, but I make them without and they're good.

Julie, is it an issue of she doesn't like cheese, doesn't do dairy (for any of a number of reasons), or can't tolerate cheese?I ask because I have used tofu substitutes for the cream cheese (and sour cream) in a few recipes with great results. My favorite brand is Tofutti. They make a product, Better than Cream Cheese, that works well. It would be excellent in the Dulce de Leche Bites.I learned about Toffuti from a cousin who avoids dairy for tummy issues. I made a practically non-dairy Layered Sun-Dried Tomato Dip for her (used the 1 oz of parmesan). It was fabulous. Since then I've done shows for people who don't like cheese and made a few recipes for vegans. I even made a vegan cheesecake for my son's friend. It really challenges your cooking creativity.Of course, if your host is avoiding dairy the Dulce de Leche Bites won't work. Dulce de leche is carmelized sweetened condensed milk.

Thanks for the ideasI'll send some suggestions to the host.

She's trying to avoid cheese for health reasons (too high in fat). Yet she mentionned that her and her husband only eat cheese on pizza. But she wasn't interested in our PC pizza recipes. Oh well! She's one of those high-maintenance hosts that you can never please... She should be able to pick something from these recipes.
Thanks! Julie

I did the Baja Shrimp Tostados the other night- they were way better than the other theme recipes this spring! Everyone loved them!

1. What are some good substitutes for cheese in recipes?

Some popular substitutes for cheese in recipes include nutritional yeast, tofu, avocado, and cashew cream. These options provide a similar creamy texture and can add a lot of flavor to dishes.

2. Can I use dairy-free cheese in Pampered Chef recipes?

Yes, many Pampered Chef recipes can easily be made dairy-free by using dairy-free cheese alternatives. Look for recipes that call for shredded or melted cheese, as these are the easiest to substitute.

3. Are there any Pampered Chef products that can help with making dairy-free recipes?

Yes, there are several Pampered Chef products that can help with making dairy-free recipes. The Deluxe Cooking Blender is great for making cashew cream or dairy-free cheese sauces, and the Spiral & Slice is perfect for creating veggie noodles to use instead of pasta.

4. How do I know if a recipe is dairy-free?

Pampered Chef recipes that are dairy-free will typically have a note or substitution option for dairy products. You can also check the ingredient list for any dairy products, such as milk, cheese, or butter.

5. Can you recommend a specific Pampered Chef recipe that doesn't use cheese?

There are many delicious Pampered Chef recipes that don't use cheese! Some popular options include the Mediterranean Chickpea Salad, the Chicken Shawarma Bowl, and the Vegan Power Bowl. You can also search for "dairy-free" or "no cheese" in the recipe search bar on the website for more options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jen B
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Jen B
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • tahodgin