• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Had My First Party Last Night!!!

In summary, your first party was successful and you managed to keep most of the attendees focused. However, you will need to increase sales in order to cover the costs of hosting future shows.
AuntiAng
Silver Member
I had my first party last night and it went really good. The only thing I need help on is keeping everyone focused. There were alot of little conversations going on and not paying too much attention to what I was doing. However, sales were almost $200.00. I made it through though, so I can pat myself on the shoulder for that!!!

Congratulations! :) Getting through that first show is tough, but things will only get better from here! You get better with practice and your average show sales definitely goes up!

I had a show last night too and in order to get people to pay more attention to me, I played Pampered Chef bingo. It worked, until the first two people won (and then I didn't have any more prizes!) and that's when the side conversations started. My hostess did a good job of getting people's attention when it got too rowdy, but usually, I just talk to the ones that ARE paying attention and let the rest go. Then at the end, I offered to talk about any products they were interested in that I didn't go over and let people come up to test anything they wanted to! That always helps to increase sales!!

Great job!You did great on your first show!

I had a lot of problems getting people to focus, too (my first show was last week, second show it today...last week I had 4 guests, 3 of whom knew each other and no one really paid any attention, but I also had a migraine so it was just bad all around...though I did end up with a $375 show after I added in a few outside orders).

I'm hoping that today's show will go better. Mostly friends of my husband from work and church (he did all of the inviting and will probably end up helping me do part of the show today). I think a lot of it depends on who you've got there...relatives don't seem as interested as strangers do. :D

Good job on your shows. Like everybody says, the first one is always the hardest but it does get better with time. Just keep a positive attitude and you will do fine.

Sometimes shows just can't be controlled, but usually taking a few "measures" helps.

*I always say "I am going to tell you about these products for 20 minutes while the food is cooking, then you will be free to catch up while you enjoy the recipe."

*Try not to break very often. Some people are uncomfortable with silence, and will start chatting and not stop.

*A game with a clear prize that lasts the whole show is the bast way IMHO to keep people focused. Try playing games and getting participation to earn tickets, then give a bigger prize to the overall winner.

Good luck and congratulations!

Could have been worse...My show #2 today has a total commissionable sales of a whopping $27.50. 2 guests showed, neither could afford to buy much (obviously). My DH was the one talking to everyone and inviting people, so I told him that he needs to pull in at least $130 in outside orders so that the show will at least qualify.

On the plus side, I won't have to cook tonight because there's all kinds of leftovers (planned on 10-15 people). :D

Related to I Had My First Party Last Night!!!

What products were the most popular at your first party?

At my first party, the most popular products were the classic mixing bowl set, the garlic press, the food chopper, the non-stick cookware set, and the stoneware baking dish.

What is the best way to earn free products as a hostess?

The best way to earn free products as a hostess is to have a successful party with high sales and multiple bookings. You can also earn free products by hosting a virtual party or by referring friends to host their own parties.

What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the opportunity to earn a flexible income, receive discounts on products, attend training and networking events, and be a part of a supportive community. You also have the ability to set your own schedule and work from home.

How long does it take to receive my order after placing it?

Typically, orders are processed and shipped within 3-5 business days. Depending on your location, it may take an additional 2-5 business days for the order to be delivered. You can track your order through your consultant's website.

Can I return or exchange products if I am not satisfied?

Yes, Pampered Chef has a satisfaction guarantee policy. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return or exchange it within 30 days of receipt. Contact your consultant for more information on how to make a return or exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melaniepc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • mommylove_07