• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Am up Late Making a Cake. I Had to Take a Break Because It Was

those cakes are beautiful! I'm so glad you love making them! :)Re: Cakes!!!Debbie...those cakes are beautiful! I'm so glad you love making them! :)
DebbieSAChef
I am up late making a cake. I had to take a break because it was giving me problems. I will get back to it and finally go to sleep. I also have a sick baby in the house who has been cranky and fussy all evening. Please pray for him!
I have been making cakes for weeks now. I keep getting people to order them from me, just by word of mouth. It's been fun. I have them posted on my album, take a look and tell me what you think.

http://www.chefsuccess.com/album.php?albumid=66

Debbie :chef:

Re: Cakes!!!Those are amazing.

Re: Cakes!!!Wow thats talent!!!:thumbup:

Re: Cakes!!!Beautiful cakes Debbie!

Re: Cakes!!!They're gorgeous!Just don't do any bad ones like these.

Re: Cakes!!!Debbie - those are GREAT! Love the baby in the cradle.

I had to giggle though - just what do you do with a 3-Tiered Practice Cake? That's a lot of practice cake! Did you have a large group to sample it?

Re: Cakes!!!
chefann said:
They're gorgeous!

Just don't do any bad ones like these.

Ok those are bad! I needed that this morning...

DebbieSAChef said:
I am up late making a cake. I had to take a break because it was giving me problems. I will get back to it and finally go to sleep. I also have a sick baby in the house who has been cranky and fussy all evening. Please pray for him!
I have been making cakes for weeks now. I keep getting people to order them from me, just by word of mouth. It's been fun. I have them posted on my album, take a look and tell me what you think.

It's a shame you live so far away... I love the guitar!

ChefBeckyD said:
Debbie - those are GREAT! Love the baby in the cradle.

I had to giggle though - just what do you do with a 3-Tiered Practice Cake? That's a lot of practice cake! Did you have a large group to sample it?

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

Church folk, they love to be my guinea pigs. They always ask me what is the next practice cake! :p

chefann said:
They're gorgeous!

Ann those are hilarious. Thanks for the good laugh. Those clown cakes are going to give me nightmares, I am so glad my two year old and four year old are not around. They hate clowns!! HA HA HA

Re: Cakes!!!I have added some more cakes in my photo album plus some pics of my precious family! Guess what, my camera broke!!
So it's been kind of annoying asking my customers to take pics and email them to me but I don't have a choice right now. Payday isn't until Thursday!! I just delivered another 4 cakes this weekend. One castle, one pretty princess, one disney belle princess, and a baby in a bassinett cake! WHEW!!!
I have a beautiful wedding cake to make for this Saturday! I am so excited! Please pray for me, it's going to be alot of hard work. I blocked off the whole week for it, no more orders this week! I have alot of fondant to make! I promise to post pics of the above mentioned cakes when my customers send them over. I also have an Elmo cupcake cake, and sheet cake that were too big to post. I'll try to downsize them tonight.

Re: Cakes!!!Your life's just a piece o' cake!

Re: Cakes!!!those are great cakes...I should show you the cakes my husband made for our kids....I guess you have to know him but he is a 6foot 5 in tall man who is a Marine and has made, Thomas the Train, Dora, Tinkerbell, A bunny. A barbie princess cake...it just doesnt seem right...but they are pretty...I will have to scan those pictures..soon

Re: Cakes!!!AWESOME CAKES!! So when are you opening the Bakery??? :D

Re: Cakes!!!Amazing talent!

Re: Cakes!!!Those are Beautiful Debbie! Sersiously are you starting up your own cake biz!?!? You should! :)

heat123 said:
Those are Beautiful Debbie! Sersiously are you starting up your own cake biz!?!? You should! :)

With all my responsibilities I am glad I even have time to make the cakes I do make for people. It's fun and I really enjoy creating pretty cakes. I have a wedding cake to make for this Saturday and will show everyone the completed project as soon as I get a pic. I have made others this past weekend that I am waiting for my customers to email me pics of. They were fun to make. Belle princess doll cake and her castle.

Re: Cakes!!!Just saw these, Debbie. They are great! You definately are great at putting icing on a cake!:)

Re: Cakes!!!Beautiful. I'll bet they are tasty too!

Re: Cakes!!!Beautiful cakes.

Re: Cakes!!!My 5 year old would love the Hannah Montana cake!
They are all great!

chefann said:
They're gorgeous!

OMG those bad cakes are so funny!

DebbieSAChef said:

Those are great Debbie!I don't know how u find the time to do them though!

Re: Cakes!!!I have more cakes to download but I can't get them uploaded! Are they too big? Can anyone help me with this? How can I make them smaller if that is the problem? Thanks,

Debbie :D

Re: Cakes!!!I love the chocolate cherry cake.. it looks so good. You really are talented!! And patient... and a sick baby was in the house. Wow

wadesgirl said:
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

This is the best thing to help with pictures. You just upload and change as needed.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I forgot all about photobucket! I even remembered my login info. Here are some more pics. I just delivered a soccer cake last night to a good friend for her son's birthday party. I'll load that as soon as she sends me a pic. I stayed home from church with two sick girls (throwing up last night and fever), and now I don't feel so great! :(
I took Nyquil and couldn't wake up until about noon!! :eek:
I hate that stuff but my hubby insisted. I hate to be knocked out, especially with little ones in the house. My oldest daughter Nicole who is 11 is a great helper! She's a blessing to me.
Ok here is the link to some more pics!! I made a Belle doll cake, a flower doll cake, an Elmo cupcake cake, and Elmo sheet cake and a Number One cupcake cake!

http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s208/MD4Christ/

Re: Cakes!!!Great cakes!! Have you taken any classes?? I've thought about taking the Wilton classes but didn't know if they were worth it.

chefshawna said:
Great cakes!! Have you taken any classes?? I've thought about taking the Wilton classes but didn't know if they were worth it.

I have not taken any classes although I would highly recommend the Wilton classes at Michael's craft store or wherever they might be offered in your city. I have heard really good things about them and they are affordable. If you wait for a 40% off coupon you can buy the kit needed for the class at a great discount. I pretty much learn as I practice and have a knack for it.
I do watch videos on Youtube about flower making and to get more helpful tips. This business is really booming. I just delivered two more cakes this weekend. I find myself turning people away because with homeschool, PC church duties, etc... I don't have the time to do more than 2-3 cakes every weekend. Especially if my hubby will be going to Houston soon.

Debbie :D

chefshawna said:
Great cakes!! Have you taken any classes?? I've thought about taking the Wilton classes but didn't know if they were worth it.

You can also check out your local community college/adult ed. type places. I just did a course that was pretty similar to Wilton 1 and 2 but we did 2 1/2 hrs per session instead of 2, over 8 weeks. Then you can compare prices and what they cover in the class.

It is so fun to do, but be warned that buying even the basic supplies can add up (and I bought ALOT of stuff for 40% or 50% off at Joanns). Depending on what experience you have, be sure to check out the "curriculem" before you take a class. There was alot at mine that I already knew... And if possible get a reference from someone who has done the class. My teacher was a pretty good decorator, but not really a great teacher...

Last edited:
Re: Cakes!!!Debbie I Took Cake Decorating Classes And I Loved It. One Tip You Will Love. Hot Water To Help Smooth Out The Cakes More. I Am Very Picky On Smoothing Out A Cake, That Is Why I Am Not Doing It Anymore For Customers.

Bless You For Doing It.

rbvernon said:
Debbie I Took Cake Decorating Classes And I Loved It. One Tip You Will Love. Hot Water To Help Smooth Out The Cakes More. I Am Very Picky On Smoothing Out A Cake, That Is Why I Am Not Doing It Anymore For Customers.

Bless You For Doing It.

Here's another tip to smoothing buttercream....VIVA paper towels. Wait until the buttercream crusts over and apply the paper towel all around the cake as you smooth with your hand, or a fondant smoother. I have seen it done with a sheet of typing paper too. It really works! I did it with a wedding cake I just did recently. Beautiful!

And also I make my own fondant at home, the MM fondant is the BEST! Everyone loves it and it tastes so much better than that boxed junk. YUCK! :yuck:

1. How long have you been making cakes for Pampered Chef?

I have been making cakes for Pampered Chef for several years now. It's one of my favorite products to work with!

2. What is your secret to making delicious cakes?

My secret is to use high-quality ingredients and to follow the recipe closely. I also make sure to use proper measuring tools and techniques to ensure consistent results every time.

3. How do you deal with cake-making problems?

I take a break and step away from the cake for a few minutes to clear my head. Then, I come back to it with a fresh perspective and try to troubleshoot the issue. If needed, I will consult with other experienced Pampered Chef consultants for advice.

4. How do you balance making cakes with taking care of a sick baby?

It can be challenging, but I try to plan my cake-making around my baby's nap times or when my partner is home to help with childcare. I also make sure to take breaks and prioritize my baby's needs.

5. How do you promote your cakes and get orders?

I mostly rely on word of mouth and social media to promote my cakes. I also attend local events and fairs to showcase my cakes and get more exposure. My album on Chef Success is also a great way for customers to see my cakes and place orders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CRuff
  • pcsharon1
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • gilliandanielle