• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Am Freaking Out! Luke's Teeth.......

In summary, my mom asked me if I had looked in Luke's mouth lately and I saw four cavities. I also found one that was very decayed. I am concerned about how much this will cost me and whether or not Luke's toddler hygiene is to blame.
And there are not very many places that you give praise to God and talk about being mafia at the same time, ha!:D

It is hard to give it to Him. And there are times I try to do it myself and I have to get a kick in the booty to remember that self cannot do it. So, don't think I do not struggle with it. I have gotten a lot better with it as time goes, but that is b/c so many times I have seen the blessings and the more blessings we see the easier it is for us to give it up when we should be giving it to Him no matter what.

Oh, I know you struggle... we all do. But it is a nice reminder to give it to Him when we not only see our own blessings, but the blessings of those around us as well.

Thanks. It is always nice to know when my life lifts others up.

Katie and Jennifer...it's only 7:15 in the morning and you two have me crying!! Thanks for the reminder to give it to Him each day!

BTW, Jen I am glad Luke was such a trooper! I pray that his next visits go smoothly too...and that they sedate him with something that really helps to calm his nerves!

{{{HUGS}}}

KellyTheChef said:
Katie and Jennifer...it's only 7:15 in the morning and you two have me crying!! Thanks for the reminder to give it to Him each day!

BTW, Jen I am glad Luke was such a trooper! I pray that his next visits go smoothly too...and that they sedate him with something that really helps to calm his nerves!

{{{HUGS}}}

Thanks for your prayers!

We have always taken our kids to a pediatric dentist ( he also did their braces.) the cool thing about him is he DOES NOT let parents go back with the child. It is less traumatic for the kids and there are very few who cry before getting into the back. He is awesome and all his staff is great. Most have been there for the 18 years we have been going. They dress up at Halloween & do other fun things thru the year.

Reminding everyone that Luke's apt with the pediatric dentist it tomorrow at 145. I will update yall when we get back. Thanks!

UpdateThe dentist went pretty good. They were not able to get the xrays but they said normally they do not even try until they are 5. He did let the dr look in his mouth. He saw 8. We go back August 28. They will give him an oral sedation, he will play for about an hour until he falls asleep and normally he would stay asleep 1.5-2.0 hours. During that time he will do all the work that he can. He thinks he may be able to do all 8 at the same time. 4 will need what they call nerve treatments where they will drill down to the nerve, insert medicine and put a silver cap on the teeth. The other 4 will be normal fillings.

Want to guess the cost?........$786!!! They charge $212 for the sedation and $574 for the treatment. If we have to go back for the 2nd visit we pay the $212 for sedation again. This is AFTER the insurance pays. Total is is $1786!!!!! That is ridiculous what they can charge b/c they know you will do whatever to spare your children any pain!!!! But it is necesary, so, we have no choice.

I need to book some more PC shows!!!! Thankfully I have 4 for August already. I hope they are huge!

Jen- I'll get in agreement with you on 4 HUGE shows for August! Look out TPC!!! :)

Luke's dentist appointment is this Thursday at 830 am. We will leave around 630.

Please pray for the visit in general and several things specifically:

1. That he will sleep in the car on the way down b/c he cannot have anything to eat or drink after midnight the night before.

2. That he will drink the liquid medicine they will give him to sedate him.

3. That he will sleep long enough to get all the work done in one visit b/c I do not know how hard/easy it will be to get him back, ha!

4. That he does not have any bad reaction to the medicines and does not wake up early enough to be scared of what they are doing.

5. For my nerves as a mother.

Thank you all for your support and prayers! I will update you when we get home Thursday. It will be late afternoon. They said to prepare to be in the office around 4 hours. The dentist is 90 miles aways also.

Prayers your way.

Be sure to check with them to see what they are going to give him to drink. That they are not just going to give him a cup of medicine or you'll never get medicine in him again.

And be sure to really play it up to him.... You are so special, ONLY you get to have this SPECIAL drink, Mommy doesn't get any. WOW the doctor (whatever) must really like you.... stuff like that.

My daughter had to have 2 kidney surgeries before she was 4. We had her so worked up and excited that she layed down on the gurney, covered herself up and crossed her arms ontop of the covers and off she went. As soon as she was out of sight, her Dad and I broke into tears.

Be sure to have a bucket or trash can in the car, sometimes when they wake up their tummies are upset. Water and crackers, wipes.... I'm sure YOU know what he'll need.

YOU both will be fine, you have us all behind you with thoughts, prayers and support.

Bless yall's hearts. I will keep yall in my prayers. Let us know how it goes.

My daughter had 12 (yes 12!) fillings in her baby teeth by the time they started falling out. Bottle mouth - I put her to bed as a baby with a bottle of juice or milk, because nobody told me it wasn't ok, AND she was on the bottle until way past 2 years old.

On the other hand, my son has never had a cavity. The dentist told me it has alot to do with our immune systems - the stronger our immunity, the better our teeth.

DD is almost 14 now, and has beautiful white, cavity-free teeth. As I said, my 18 year old son has never had a cavity. Don't worry, as long as you caught it early, and continue to care for the baby teeth, the permanent teeth will be fine.

Any news???? How did Luke do???? How about you???

Jennifer...how did it go?

It was awful. He drank the medicine fine but after an hour he was not asleep. He was very "drunk" acting and could not walk without falling over but not asleep. I thought they would continue to wait for him to fall asleep. Nope! They came and took him from me with him clinging to me as hard as he could. They had tp pry him off my neck. With him screaming "momma please don't let them take me" the whole time. And as he is walking off he is reaching out for me saying the same thing. I was crying as much as he was by the point, my mom too. They came out about 15 minutes later and told me the laughing gas knocked him on out and they were working. They updated me an hour later and about 45 minutes later they were finished.

They had to fill 2, do nerve treatments and silver caps on 4 and pull one b/c they could not save it.

Well, I am thinking he will be groggy but all will be fine. Nope! I have never seen a child more ill in my life! He did understand the guase in his mouth or why he lips were numb. He was thirsty but of course fery hard to drink. Hungry but we had to wait an hour for him to eat. I let him take the gause out of his mouth since he was not bledding very bad. I mean it was all pityful. I had told him he would get suprises, so, he wanted to go get them. I had to constanly keep telling him to remain calm or we could not go b/c he would get so upset just all of a sudden. Well, he chose to go to the Dollar Tree to get balloons and streamers. Then he wanted to go to Target for a toy. So we went to both places but it was just one bad experience after another with the way he was feeling.

At one point I realize that he was starting to "milk" a lot of it with his rages and I told him he was going to get in big trouble if he did not straighten up that he was going overboard, he did finally get better when he saw that I was serious about that. I know that makes me sound horrible but at that point something had to be done. My mom even agreed with me which she is the last person in the world to want him to get in trouble when he feels bad. He slept most of the way home.

He woke up starving b/c he fell asleep before he ate anything and had not had anything since the night before. So I took him to get the cheeseburger he wanted. We got home and he played with his suprises. He was A LOT better after that nap.

He insisted on going with me to buy groceries when Russell got home and I was worried about the experience but he acted fine. I had to go get groceries b/c right now we are close to where Hurrican Gustav is going to affect and people will start panicing soon and there will be nothing on the shelves!

His mouth of course was very sore last night. He is still sleeping this morning. It was just such a stressful day! I was wanting a stiff drink for lunch, haha!!!!!!

We did have good news that it cost $80 LESS than what they had told us.

Thanks for all your prayers and concern over these past weeks!!!!

Wow that is horrible. The dentist and assistants should have had better interactions with Luke. (no bedside manners so to speak).

I would seriously take it up with them...the way they handled it.

Prayers to you and Luke for strength and healing!

vwpamperedchef said:
Wow that is horrible. The dentist and assistants should have had better interactions with Luke. (no bedside manners so to speak).

I would seriously take it up with them...the way they handled it.

Prayers to you and Luke for strength and healing!

They were actually good with him and very nice. I do not have any hard feelings for them about it at all. I just thought they would continue to wait for him to fall asleep. At that point only him being alseep when they took him would have made him not be that way.

Okay, so I have a confession to make....my DD went to the dentist a couple weeks ago and has a cavity. She turned 4 in July. Talk about feeling like a crappy Mom!! But, I must say that DH took the blame (not that anyone needs to) because he tends to give her candy and then does not get her to brush her teeth.

Anyway, because it's a mollar, it needs to be fixed as it will be a few years yet before she looses it, so I am now waiting for a call from the pediatric dentist. My regular dentist suggested I take her there because we don't want to traumatize her.....thank God I have a nice/smart dentist! :)

Now, I'm a little scared in ready your post above, Jennifer, but will be a big girl.......maybe later today..........:p

Don't feel bad, when my son was 3, he is now 13 he had 12 cavities :cry: and he had to go to the hospital and be put under:indif: to have them fixed.

The dentist said some kids just have bad baby teeth and it will not affect the adult teeth when they come in. His teeth are just fine now.

<h2>1. How many cavities does Luke have?</h2><p>Luke currently has five cavities.</p><h2>2. How old is Luke?</h2><p>Luke will be four years old next Saturday.</p><h2>3. Is Luke afraid of going to the dentist?</h2><p>Yes, Luke is currently afraid of going to the dentist due to his fear of doctors and nurses.</p><h2>4. How often does Luke brush his teeth?</h2><p>Luke brushes his teeth regularly, but it seems that it may not be enough to prevent cavities.</p><h2>5. How much will the dental treatment cost?</h2><p>The cost of the dental treatment for Luke's cavities will depend on the severity and the type of treatment needed. It is best to consult with the dentist for an accurate estimate.</p>

1. How many cavities does Luke have?

Luke currently has five cavities.

2. How old is Luke?

Luke will be four years old next Saturday.

3. Is Luke afraid of going to the dentist?

Yes, Luke is currently afraid of going to the dentist due to his fear of doctors and nurses.

4. How often does Luke brush his teeth?

Luke brushes his teeth regularly, but it seems that it may not be enough to prevent cavities.

5. How much will the dental treatment cost?

The cost of the dental treatment for Luke's cavities will depend on the severity and the type of treatment needed. It is best to consult with the dentist for an accurate estimate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
reba515
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • chefdiana2007