• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Time to Pray for Our Health? Colds, Fever, and Coughing Up Blood - Oh My!

In summary, the conversation is about a family experiencing severe colds and respiratory issues. The main concern is the person coughing up blood and the advice given is to go to the doctor or emergency room immediately. The family and friends are praying for their well-being and updates on their condition are requested.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
If you have a weak stomach - don't read any more.......

DS and I have had bad colds for about 3 weeks, but I thought we were finally getting over them really well, but on Thursday/Friday, we both came down with them again - worse than ever. Fever, chills, bad chest congestion......and very weak - both of us have just been laying on the couch all weekend. (and he is a 3 yr old who usually doesn't slow down, even when sick) Then, late last night, I started coughing up blood. I was sleeping sitting up, because I can't breath when I lay down....it scared me, so I woke up DH, but we agreed that I would wait until this morning - so in 5 minutes, I can call the Dr's office - please pray that I can get through - sometimes it's hard, especially on a Monday morning, and pray that DS and I can get it quickly.....

Just caught this while quick popping on before work. You KNOW I will be praying for you and Micah!

My prayers are with you. We had almost the same going on in here (w/out the blood). Get to the doctor as soon as possible. My son ended up having double pneumonia! He had seen the doctor last week after having had a cold that seemed to go away and then suddenly came back. He was diagnosed with sinus infection and bronchitis. He put him on a strong antibiotic and some cough med. with codeine--so he could sleep.Well, he continually got worse and within a week he had double pneumonia! So far he seems to be starting to improve, thank God. So, please take care. I'll be thinking of you. Keep us posted. Linda

Becky, if you can't get to the doc's go to the ER, please. I had stomach trouble for over a week and last Thurs I called my doc and couldn't get an appt until today... long story short, DH convinced me to go to the ER and it turned out to be the right move. Do a favor for me... google "when to go to the doctor coughing" and you'll find that most sites will say that coughing up blood is one of them. If your doc isn't available, go see the ER doc. I hope they can squeeze you in but please don't suffer... get the care you need. Let us know how you make out.

Becky~
We will be praying for you both...keep us posted!
Hope you both feel better soon!

Prayers coming your way - hope you're able to get into your doctor, but if not, heed the advice of others and get to the ER. Don't mess w/ coughed up blood!

The Dr's office wasn't answering, so I called the after-hours service - who informed me that the Dr's office was open and I should call there....she finally tried to patch me through herself, but couldn't. So, I will try call back at 9....I'm trying to muster up enough energy to go take a shower. Fortunately, we have a stall shower with 2 seats....so I can sit down.

Lisa - I did google.....I always google:D .....that's why I woke up DH. And we had decided that if I couldn't get into the DR this morning, he would come home and take me to the ER. Just talked to him, and he is on his way home, just in case.....and he wants to take me to the Dr, anyway - I don't think I have the strength to get myself and DH both there.

prayers to you- update us when you know something

I'll be thinking about you guys! Let us know what's up!

Good luck! My prayers are with you. :chef:

Praying for you too! Get to the doctor and let us know what he says.

Just talked to the nurse at the Dr's office - and she told me to go straight to the ER.......it sounded to her, over the phone, like I have pneumonia......she said that after I do that, they will make an appointment for DS....but that DH needs to get me to the ER first.

ChefBeckyD said:
The Dr's office wasn't answering, so I called the after-hours service - who informed me that the Dr's office was open and I should call there....she finally tried to patch me through herself, but couldn't. So, I will try call back at 9....I'm trying to muster up enough energy to go take a shower. Fortunately, we have a stall shower with 2 seats....so I can sit down.

Lisa - I did google.....I always google:D .....that's why I woke up DH. And we had decided that if I couldn't get into the DR this morning, he would come home and take me to the ER. Just talked to him, and he is on his way home, just in case.....and he wants to take me to the Dr, anyway - I don't think I have the strength to get myself and DH both there.

Oh good... I know I'm a google fiend. During this latest stomach bout for me, I'd google all the time my symptoms and when to seek doc's attention.

ChefBeckyD said:
Just talked to the nurse at the Dr's office - and she told me to go straight to the ER.......it sounded to her, over the phone, like I have pneumonia......she said that after I do that, they will make an appointment for DS....but that DH needs to get me to the ER first.

I'm glad you got through... good luck in the ER and let us know how you make out. Will keep you in my thoughts.

Praying for you while you're at the ER....let us know how it goes!

Oh wow!! I hope everything turns out ok with you and your son! I pray it's nothing serious. Keep us posted when you get back if you can!

ChefBeckyD said:

...or bronchitis... :yuck:

ChefBeckyD said:
And after hearing this, you still came here to update us! Bless your heart~hope you're both better soon!
Alot of that gunk is going around; my 4 year old got sick yesterday & is still sick today:yuck:

Praying for you. My BIL had the same thing 2 years ago. It was pneumonia, but something else w/it - sorry can't remember what. He was in the hospital about a week. He is a big smoker though.

I hope your son will by fine as well.

We have been sick here too. I had the stomach flu for 4 days and lost 10 pounds! I have never had it for that long! Two of my kids have gotten it as well. We are all feeling better though.

Good Luck!

Bless your heart. I will be praying for you. I know how hard it must be to take care of your child when you are sick, but especially hard to take care of a sick child when you are sick. I know I sound like mom, but try to drink drink drink. Anything with vitamin c or gatorade always helps:) I had the chest mess over christmas and still have it! Maybe yours won't last as long. I think the reason why I can't get over it down her is this messed up weather. Anyways, I hope yall get to feeling better really soon!

Prayers going your way! God Bless you Becky and little Micah!:angel:

Becky - I am praying for you and your son...please keep us posted!

Praying for you guys!

I hope and pray you both get better soon! I can't believe u will not have computer access to update us if they keep you in the hospital!:D

Praying for a speedy recovery!:angel:

no news yet?

Hopefully "no news is good news"! I was thinking about you guys awhile ago Becky...hopefully you're resting.

More prayers coming your way for both you and your son.

dannyzmom said:
no news yet?

Yeah, been driving me nuts. I've popped in a couple times between meetings and stuff and nothing...

Well, it IS the E.R. It could take a few hours...days...weeks... :)

dianevill said:
Well, it IS the E.R. It could take a few hours...days...weeks... :)

She probably told them she hangs out with us and got admitted to the psych ward for observation! :D :p

Perhaps in the rubber-walled room...

Hi guys~~

thanks so much for all of the concern and prayers. I love you guys!:love:

The chest x-ray came back negative for pneumonia, but the Dr. seemed to think that there was some "pneumonia-type" things going on - so, I had a breathing treatment at the hospital(have you ever had one of those? Nothing like someone karate chopping your back!), and she sent me home with Bactrim (antibiotic) and a cough syrup with codine(sp?).....She said that basically my body was exhausted and I really need to get some rest. Soooo,
Micah is at Grandpa & Grandma's until tomorrow (he loves a sleep-over) and then DH is taking him to the Dr in the morning. DH is going over there for supper too, so I can just have peace and quiet tonight to rest.

The cough syrup will help with that too.

My wonderful hubby spent some time this afternoon doing laundry and emptying the dishwasher, so I wouldn't worry about that.....he's a good guy.

Glad to hear from you Becky! Get some rest and check in with us tomorrow....turn the computer off now.

ChefBeckyD said:
Hi guys~~

The chest x-ray came back negative for pneumonia, but the Dr. seemed to think that there was some "pneumonia-type" things going on - so, I had a breathing treatment at the hospital(have you ever had one of those? Nothing like someone karate chopping your back!), and she sent me home with Bactrim (antibiotic) and a cough syrup with codine(sp?).....She said that basically my body was exhausted and I really need to get some rest. Soooo,
Micah is at Grandpa & Grandma's until tomorrow (he loves a sleep-over) and then DH is taking him to the Dr in the morning. DH is going over there for supper too, so I can just have peace and quiet tonight to rest.

My wonderful hubby spent some time this afternoon doing laundry and emptying the dishwasher, so I wouldn't worry about that.....he's a good guy.

You are SOOOO lucky to have G&G close by to take Micah! I hope both of you can feel better soon!

....and wonderful that he did housework for you - how sweet!!!!

Hopefully the cough syrup will control the coughing spasms and you'll start to feel better.

Thanks for the update - this thread was starting to take a turn (big surprise!)

I'm glad you'll get a night of rest! Hope you're feeling better really soon (and Micah, too)!

Do what the doctor says and rest. You're very lucky to have DH that will help out like that.

Like some else said earlier, turn of the computer and go to sleep.:indif: :indif: :indif:

Becky~

Thanks for updating us! Tell your DH that he is SUPER SWEET:love: , and then GO TO BED!!:indif: :indif: :indif:
I pray that your meds work to kick this thing in the butt, and to help you sleep...your body needs rest to fight this off!

Take care of your self and DS too!

{{{HUGS}}}
:)
Kelly

Rest, rest, rest, and we will pray, pray, pray! Feel better soon...

So sorry you are not feeling well Becky. Get lots of rest while you can. I know it is not easy when there is a little one around (I have two). I hope by the time you have read this you are feeling much better!

Sending you get well wishes, Becky!

Feel Better Becky!!!

Oh no Becky! It sounds terrible!! Both you and DS will be in my thoughts and prayers! It's no fun being sick, especially as sick as you sound...and having a sick 3 year old! :eek: It's a wonder you were able to function!

How wonderful to have G&G nearby! Neither DH or I have any family within a 3 hour drive...so, he'd have to be on DD duty should I be that sick. The cough medicine with codeine is some great stuff!! I had walking pnuemonia (so bad I ended up cracking a rib coughing - ouch! :eek:) and was prescribed that stuff. Let me tell you - that was some great sleep - 12 hours worth!!! :love:

Let us know what the doc says about DS!

((hugs))

Last edited:
Oh my, Becky. No wonder you haven't e-mailed me back. I'm using dh's computer because mine is getting work done on it, today. I sent an e-mail this morning, and I haven't been back online until tonight. Hope you're okay. Not sure if I'll get back on here tomorrow until dh brings the laptop home after work. Of, course he had to work late today, the day I wanted to use his computer. Computer withdrawal isn't as bad as what you have. Prayed for you, and I'll pray some more.
How's Micah? Both of you, get well soon.

I hope you had a restful night's sleep. Take it easy today & let us know how Micah is. ((Hugs))

ChefBeckyD said:
Hi guys~~

Oh good... thanks for the update. Glad to hear you'll be getting some good rest. Keep up with the fluids and meds and hope you're back to healthy soon!!

Related to Is It Time to Pray for Our Health? Colds, Fever, and Coughing Up Blood - Oh My!

1. How do I know if it's time to pray for our health?

If you or a loved one are experiencing symptoms such as colds, fever, coughing up blood, or other serious health concerns, it may be time to turn to prayer for healing and guidance.

2. What should I do if I am experiencing a weak stomach and am unsure if I should continue reading?

If you are not feeling well or have a weak stomach, it may be best to take a break and come back to reading later. Your health and well-being should always come first.

3. How long should I wait before seeking medical attention?

If you are experiencing concerning symptoms, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. If you are unsure, it is always better to err on the side of caution and consult with a healthcare professional.

4. What can I do to help myself or a loved one who is sick?

Prayer can provide comfort and peace during times of illness, but it is also important to take care of yourself or your loved one physically. Make sure to rest, stay hydrated, and follow any medical advice given by a healthcare provider.

5. Can I pray for a quick recovery?

Absolutely. Prayer can bring about miraculous healing, but it is also important to trust in the timing of a higher power and to have patience during the recovery process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • jrstephens