• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Please Pray for Baby Jonah's Health?

In summary, the seven month old's cough got worse and he was taken to Urgent Care. It is unknown if the cough is getting better or not.
pamperedape
My seven month old (as of yesterday!). He's not been feeling all that well with a cold and such since he started that awful stomach flu we all had. Well, his cough got MUCH worse and sounded wheezy this evening. So Bill (DH) took him to Urgent Care. Ugh. I stayed home with our 4 year old. It's so different with two. With Noah both of us always went together. Now we have to divide up.

Anyway if you could say a little prayer for the little guy I would appreciate it.

I hope he's ok!!

Saying one now. It's tough when their not feeling well. I always b****ed when mine were driving me nuts, but what I wouldn't give to have them driving me crazy when they were ill. Chin up.
Deanna

Oh April...I pray that he gets better quickly! Sick kiddos are no fun!

Well, Bill just dropped Jonah off. He has bronchiolitis. Poor baby. Bill has to go across town to the hospital pharmacy to get meds. They gave him a breathing treatment while he was there. I don't know, but his cough seems about the same to me. He's in his crib sleeping and coughing.

Please continue to remember him. I swear, as a mom your mind tends to go crazy places when they're sick. Mine does anyway...

Just make sure that he stays hydrated... It's no fun at all when our babies are sick. :( Our 2nd, Sara, had RSV the beginning of the year & it was so scary.

I pray that he gets well soon!

It also might help to keep him so he is not laying flat on his back. That way it won't all settle in his lungs and he won't be coughing up all the flem(sp) that has collected. Kinda proped. Thats what they told me when My oldest was sick like that. Of course that was 19 years ago.
Deanna

Thinking of you and your family and wishing you all a health and happy Thanksgiving. Hope he is getting better by then.

Poor baby. I am glad to hear there is a diagnosis and it's something they can treat with medicines...that menas he is going to be OK. Thankfully it's TG weekend so you'll be able to be home with him cuz I'm sure he's gonna need lotsa snuggles :)

pamperedape said:
Well, Bill just dropped Jonah off. He has bronchiolitis. Poor baby. Bill has to go across town to the hospital pharmacy to get meds. They gave him a breathing treatment while he was there. I don't know, but his cough seems about the same to me. He's in his crib sleeping and coughing.

Please continue to remember him. I swear, as a mom your mind tends to go crazy places when they're sick. Mine does anyway...

April, Jonah is being prayed for here! And so are you! I totally relate to what you are saying. my little guy has been sick, and I am awake most of the night listening......and wondering when this direct link from his body to mine will end. I never realized how deeply I could feel someone else's pain until I became a mom.

......and wondering when this direct link from his body to mine will end. I never realized how deeply I could feel someone else's pain until I became a mom.[/QUOTE]

It won't end :) My oldest is nearly 26 and I just don't think God intends for that direct link to sever ... it's part of being a Mom! :) And it's MUCH less painful for the link to remain than to have them try to remove the link at some point... I can say that because I've been there too ... so sit back, relax and enjoy the link ... it's permanent and worth it! :)

I pray your little fellow is improving this morning.

You're both in my prayers.

You are all in my prayers. It is pityful when our children are sick. When me son was 1, he had the "croop" and had the stay in the hospital over night. Whenever he gets stopped up now we immediately do breathing treatments when he starts coughing to make it better sooner.

pamperedape said:

have you ever tried bringing your kids to a chiropractor? when my 16 month old was 5 month she got the flu and it was miserable. i started bringing her then and she has had one runny nose (from teething) for two days since then. i swear by it. just a thought:)

having gone from bed-pans to frying pans---a nurse of 17 years
just keep him close--If you don't see any relief---
DEMAND STAYING IN THE HOSPITAL---it is very serious----
my thoughts and prayers are with you-----

How Is Jonah?

I hope that Jonah is doing well. I feel his pain, as I have the same thing. I went to my doc yesterday & he gave me a breathing treatment there + amoxil. Doc said that my cough will probably linger for a while. :(

I know this sounds totally strange but a nurse friend of mine said that it works for the coughing. Get some Vicks Vaporub & rub it on the soles of his feet, then put socks on. She said she did it all the time with her kids & it helped tremendously. It's a combination of the camphor & the reflexology.I hope he's doing better soon. When my kids were little we had lots of croup & bronchitis etc. It is no fun for anyone involved.

Stampaholic1961 said:
I know this sounds totally strange but a nurse friend of mine said that it works for the coughing. Get some Vicks Vaporub & rub it on the soles of his feet, then put socks on. She said she did it all the time with her kids & it helped tremendously. It's a combination of the camphor & the reflexology.

I hope he's doing better soon. When my kids were little we had lots of croup & bronchitis etc. It is no fun for anyone involved.

I just read about this not too long ago - there was actually a study done by Doctors regarding the Vicks on the feet treatment, and they found it to be more effective than any kind of cough medicine for children. My son is just getting over a horrible flu/cold virus, and we did this at night for him. It worked great!

How's Jonah doing today?

Prayers for Jonah. Hope he's well enough to enjoy thanksgiving.

The mom-child link apparently never goes away. I had foot surgery about 5 weeks ago, then it had to be repeated in about a week and a half. More complications since then, but here's the point:

Sunday I was sitting by my 82 y/o mother (I'm 51). I suddenly wondered to myself if I had the nerve to prop my leg up on the pew to relieve the pain. I had JUST finished the thought and Mother leaned over and said, "Why don't I scoot down some so you can put your leg up?" Wow!

I would appreciate prayers for my foot, if it's not too much trouble. It's really getting me down, emotionally and physically. Thanks.

Thanks so much guys! We just got back from going home for Thanksgiving. He is doing much better! Still a little cough, but I'm sure that'll last for awhile.

Thanks for checking up on him.

good news!!!
thank godwe were worried!!

April~

So glad he is doing better! Praise God for good news!

Ann~

I pray that God will lift you up and strengthen you physically and emotionally. Glad your Mom was still "worried" about you! Funny how we are always little kids in their eyes! Nice, though...huh?

So glad the little man is feeling better! What a complete Thanksgiving!

if you get a vaporizer and put Eukloist oil in it (can't spell it right) lol but i have asmtha and when i get a cold i start it right up it helps cleans the air way and helps the healing process go faster.

Related to Can You Please Pray for Baby Jonah's Health?

1. How can I support Baby Jonah and his family?

To support Baby Jonah and his family, you can send prayers, positive thoughts, or well wishes. You can also consider making a donation to help with any medical expenses or send a care package with items that may make their lives easier during this difficult time.

2. What is Baby Jonah's condition?

Baby Jonah has been diagnosed with a rare medical condition that is currently being treated by doctors. The family is asking for prayers and support during this challenging time.

3. Can I send gifts or cards to Baby Jonah?

Yes, you can send gifts or cards to Baby Jonah and his family. However, please keep in mind that the family is currently focused on Baby Jonah's health and may not have time to respond to every gift or card.

4. Can I share Baby Jonah's story on social media?

Yes, you can share Baby Jonah's story on social media to raise awareness and ask for prayers and support. However, please respect the family's privacy and only share information that has already been made public by the family.

5. Is there a specific prayer or message I should say for Baby Jonah?

The family is grateful for any prayers or positive thoughts sent their way for Baby Jonah's health and recovery. You can also send words of encouragement and support to the family during this challenging time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
lkprescott