• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Pray for My Health and Business Success?

In summary, Beth has been diagnosed with endometrial cancer and has surgery scheduled for Tuesday. She has a supportive husband and friends, and is grateful for her strong business.
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
I hope you all don't mind my sharing but I feel many of you have become friends. I want to share some things and request prayer. I hope it's not TMI.

My business has been going very well even with the new career plan. I am still a director and sales have been great! The fall will be awesome - I already have 12 shows on my September calendar and am signing a new recruit tonight. I can't complain. August is done except for a catalog show. I won't make my minimum $2500 this month but I am over $1250 so I am happy with what I do have considering everything else that's going on in my life. I feel very blessed that I have a job that I can schedule around my life and don't have to take a leave for health issues. I may not have the business I want for a while but I can keep it going even through difficult times.

I'll give you a little background: Last September I had an arthroscopy of my knee and then in December I had foot surgery (two major problems resolved with that!). The knee kept getting worse and it was determined last April that I needed a total knee replacement. I scheduled it for August 10 so that I could get through National Conference and vacation to see my kids, schedule some shows in August and end of September - I scheduled a 6 week break. During the pre-physical with my regular doctor I mentioned some spotting I had had a few months before (post-menopause). He sent me to a gyn who did a biopsy. It came back as complex hyperplasia with atypia (pre-cancer). They did a D&C and I learned on Monday that I have endometrial cancer. I am having a Hysterectomy on Tuesday (18th). Most of the time they get it all with that but we don't know how long it has been there.

Please add me to your prayers. Cancer is a scary word and until the path reports come back it'll be hard to not worry. The numbers are in my favor if we caught it early thankfully! And then a second major surgery looms ahead (knee). Lots to put my body through in a short time but the knee has gotten much worse in the last few months even since surgery was determined to be needed - I have to be able to walk and function. Hopefully all will go well with this issue and then I'll be able to have that knee fixed! I was thinking end of September but more realistically December for that surgery. The knee is constantly in pain and even wakes me several times at night - I should have had it done last spring.

I do have a very supportive, caring husband and friends. My kids all live a long distance but we are close (thank heaven for phone & internet). My team is there to help if I need to pass off any shows and to go with me to shows (to lift, etc.) and my director is the best. I am blessed.

I know that my issues are minor compared to what others are going through and I don't want to come off as whining but I do believe in the power of prayer and I know that many of you do too. Thanks.

Beth,
I will keep you in my prayers. I'm so sorry to hear all of this and I hope everything goes well and goes smoothly. That's great you have such a strong support system. I'm also very impressed your business is so strong right now despite the struggles you've had over the last year. I know how hard it is to stay on top of things (especially when it's easier to sulk and feel sorry for yourself). You'll get through all of this. Please keep us posted and good luck with everything.

Beth,

I will also keep you in my prayers and have also heard that word "cancer" myself. Remember there a ton of variations with cancer and it could be the most mild case (my situation) to the most extreme. I will pray that you will have great news and please keep us posted.

Congratulations on your business, you're ROCKING it girl!:D:money:

Beth -
You are in my prayers (as always)...but especially during this scary time. Our NED was recently given the same diagnosis and is going through treatment. I will pray for you for healing and for a clean bill of health.
Big hugs to you, my friend!!
xoxoxo
((((((((((((((((((((((((((beth)))))))))))))))))))

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

You remember that OC that we talked about in another thread? One day at a time, my friend, and yes you are in all of our thoughts and prayers. Sounds like you are willing to lean on those supportive people around you which is key. They feel better when they can actually help you so let them!

My Dad is 2 years out now from his second bout with lung cancer in a 25 year span (he stopped immediately upon the first diagnosis and never smoked again. I know it was not easy for him but so glad he made that choice!) His recent report was excellent! I take him and my Mom to Buffalo (a 4 hour drive doing over the spead limit!!). The time I spend with them is filled with love, teasing and laughter. My Dad is not one to express his feelings even though I know he is a marshmallow on the inside. He had tears in his eyes and thanked me to no end for driving them. Then tells me he doesn't know what he would do if I didn't drive them there because they could not do it. He tells me how lucky he is to have me. I tell him I wouldn't have it anyother way and I learned from the best...my Mom and him.

I know you will express that love and appreciation more often than my Dad cause we are girls!!! But let those around you help you out. You are not being lazy or putting them out if they offer. So glad that they are there for you because that love with carry you over some of the worrisome spots.

Make sure you keep us up to date too, Beth. I love NC and would love to come down and make sure you are doing fine!!! Sounds like you have some wonderful doctors keeping track of you too. God bless and watch over you and let us know what's up!!!!

we gotcha covered, Beth!

Sending the prayers your way!

Thank you for sharing with us Beth. I'll defnitely have you in my prayers.

you'll be in my thoughts Beth, good luck!

Beth:

I am a cancer survivor. The medication I took after my cancer left me predisposed to endometrial cancer. My doctor told me that it very rarely ever spreads, and if I were to be diagnosed it is the one cancer that almost virtually never ever spreads to anything else--they just take your uterus and of course the endometrium comes along with it. I will definitely pray for you--hang in there...and keep us updated as much as you can. If you need help with anything PC related you know we are all here for you. You shouldn't have to have chemo (a blessing right there), but it's still scary....Love you bunches

You will be in my prayers!! Continue with the good spirits it can only help!

Beth you are in my prayers. I can't imagine how scary this must be for you. Know we are all here for you if you need anything!! {{{{HUGS}}}}

Thanks you guys. I appreciate the prayers and good thoughts. It's hard not to worry - I am prone to go to the worse scenerio especially with my family history but I am hopeful because I do know the odds are that they'll get it all tomorrow. Thinking positive thoughts.

Today is a busy day. Clean, laundry, note to team, deliver product, supplies to new team member and reactivating team member, bank, PO, hospital to do Advance Directives...

My DH & I have talked about doing Advanced Directives (living will, medical POA) for some time now and the hospital offers the opportunity to make one out for surgical patients & spouse so it's probably a good time to do it. She wanted me to do it before surgery on Tuesday but I feel like that's bad carma (or whatever that's called) to do it just before surgery. I don't want to be thinking about that just before I go in. So if we can't get it done today it'll wait until later.

Hope all goes well Beth. Sending prayers your way.

You have prayers and good thoughts coming your way.
:)
I know it's hard, but try to stay positive!
(((((hugs)))))

Hugs and prayers are with you, Beth.

Oh Beth, I'm sorry you are going through all of this. What a pile to deal with at the same time. I will be thinking of you and sending you my best. Hang in there!

Hugs and prayers too Beth!
We'll look forward to hearing the good news when it's all over.

Beth, I'm sure you are recovering and probably still in the hospital, but I wanted you to know you were being thought about and prayed for. Let us know how you are doing when you feel up for it!

Just saw this for the first time. Sorry Beth but I will be praying too!

Thanks for all the good wishes/prayers. I do appreciate that.

Update: I had surgery last Tuesday and the doctor feels confident they were able to get it early enough. They even took less biopsies than planned so thankfully things look good. I'll get the final results next week and then they'll tell me what my follow up program will be. I know that at the very least I'll be seeing the gyn every 3-6 months for 5 years.

I was supposed to go home Friday morning but wasn't discharged until Saturday evening because of a couple of issues but am glad to be home. I am having a lot of pain still - the meds he has me on do not seem to be helping much - just getting the edge off but hopefully soon enough I'll be past that. They take the staples out tomorrow.

I learned that I may have sleep apnea so now I'll have to do a study on that to see if there's an issue there and what to do. lol

Good news Beth! Although not about the apnea. These are all just bumps in the road. You should be good as new for the busy fall selling season.
Take care!

I'm glad to hear the good news, Beth. Hang in there!

Welcome back home! Glad things went well.

Beth: Well, I'm a cancer survivor and I have sleep apnea...we can form a club!! The sleep test for the sleep apnea is no big deal, and if you do have it the CPAP machine you wear to sleep with takes a little getting used to but is ok too--the main thing is that you are on the road to recovery! God is Good!!

Good news, Beth! Glad that is over for you! I had a sleep study and I do not have apnea...it came out just as I thought...I am too fat and I snore!!!:cry::yuck::bugeye::grumpy::eek::rolleyes: So glad we are not perfect...we would be so lonely!!!

Beth, I just saw this today! I am so sorry that I missed a chance to lift you up to the Father, but I am so glad that so many of us were.

The news sounds good so far and I will pray for more of the same. Please take care of yourself and listen to your body!!

Good news! The doctor called today to say that the cancer had not spread to the lymph nodes. :party: What a relief. Now we just watch it but the prognosis is extremely good.

...onto healing (I also found out yesteday that I have a bacterial infection), finding out what the problem is with my O2 sat issue and then fixing my knee and I'll be good as new.

Thanks for caring!

bethcooks4u said:
Good news! The doctor called today to say that the cancer had not spread to the lymph nodes. :party: What a relief. Now we just watch it but the prognosis is extremely good.

...onto healing (I also found out yesteday that I have a bacterial infection), finding out what the problem is with my O2 sat issue and then fixing my knee and I'll be good as new.

Thanks for caring!

Great news that your lymph nodes are clean!! I hope they can clear p your bact infection ASAP and get you all fixed up!
(((((Beth)))))

That is soooo good to hear Beth! Thank you Jesus for her healing!! We'll keep you lifted up for your infection!

Thank you for the update! Great news!

1. How can I pray for my health and business success?

You can pray for overall health and wellness, for strength and endurance to run your business, for wisdom and guidance in decision making, for protection from any negative influences or obstacles, and for success in reaching your goals and fulfilling your purpose.

2. What is the current state of your business?

My business is going well and I am grateful for the support of my team and the success I have had so far. I am facing some health challenges, but I am still able to schedule and run shows and have plans for the future.

3. What health issues are you currently facing?

I am currently recovering from a knee replacement surgery and have recently been diagnosed with endometrial cancer. I am scheduled for a hysterectomy next week and will also need to have my knee fixed in the near future.

4. How can we pray for your health?

Please pray for successful surgeries and a full recovery. Pray for strength and healing as I go through these challenges. Also, pray for peace of mind and for the numbers to be in my favor with the cancer diagnosis.

5. How can we support you during this time?

Your prayers and well-wishes mean a lot to me. If it is on your heart, you can also offer practical support such as helping out with my business, accompanying me to shows, or simply being there to listen and offer encouragement. Thank you for your support and for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • jenniferknapp
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jenniferknapp
  • schel