• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Am Having a Problem With Hostesses Who Aren't Calling to Invite

I haven't used Evite, but I've used another invitation service that sends invitations by email. It's been working well for me.I haven't used Evite, but I've used another invitation service that sends invitations by email. It's been working well for me.
mary64
I am having a problem with Hostesses who aren't calling to invite guests. I send the invitations for them but tell them it is only a reminder and they need to call and invite. At my last show, the hostess complained because a guest didn't get the invitation so didn't come. I assured her I sent to everyone on her list and it may have gotten lost. I sent out 39 invites and 4 people came!Anyone else have this problem? I told her more than once to call and remind but I don't think she even knew half the people she invited.

This is why I let the host send the invites - then it's on her if no one shows up, not on me. I tell them they need to contact their guests 3 times before the show - first, they need to call or speak to them in person and personally invite them; second, they need to send the invitation as a physical reminder (either the postcard or the email invitation through my website); third, they need to call and remind all of the guests who have RSVP'd "Yes" or who wanted to place an order within 3 days of the show.

The hosts who do this get the most attendance, so I really stress this with them during the first call (or, if I book them at a show, I explain this when I give them the host packet). This has worked well for me so far. I also tell them that 10-15 guests is what is common for a good show, and that to get there, they need to invite 30 - 40 people. I usually have one $1000 show per month, and it's usually from the hosts who follow all of these instructions. HTH!

I use the Postcalls.com system. I get their guests phone #s and type it into the system. Then I record a 60 second message reminding about hosts show, and what we will be making as well as any incentives along with my website addy.
I have a referral letter if you want me to send it to you. I think it was $35 for 500 calls to start through the referral system.
Since using it, I have had much higher attendance at my shows, and nobody can say they didnt get an invite or phone call.

It also lets you track the call to see who was a live connect, answering machine, or intercept.

Would you mind posting the postcall info?
thanks.

I do flyers in enveloped and put my host's return address on them for 2 reasons: 1. if it gets returned because of a bad address, she gets it and can see and 2. guests are more likely to open something from someone they know.

If a host isn't going to make the reminder calls, there really isn't much you can do. Hopefully your next host will be better!!!!

Sent a PM to you....

finley1991 said:
I do flyers in enveloped and put my host's return address on them for 2 reasons: 1. if it gets returned because of a bad address, she gets it and can see and 2. guests are more likely to open something from someone they know.

If a host isn't going to make the reminder calls, there really isn't much you can do. Hopefully your next host will be better!!!!

I'm thinking of using the invitations in envelopes starting in the fall to see if attendance is better. Thanks for the idea to put the host's return address on there!

I'm adding one more thing... I am still going to do my flyer in the envelope and include the new product brochure. I'm going to try it for Sept and see how I like the results. :)

what new product brochure?

It's the mini catalog - available on supply order. It's sized to fit in a standard envelope, and has pics/descriptions of all the new products for the season.

A lot of people have great success using them as invites because it gets a catalog (albeit a miniature one) into guests' hands.

Has anyone had their host use "Evite". My host this week is using it. So far I am able to see who is coming and who is not. Plus when I responded I put a plug in that said, "I can't wait to meet everyone and if you're interested in your own show, call me". Anybody else had success or not success using Evite?

buzz26 said:
Has anyone had their host use "Evite". My host this week is using it. So far I am able to see who is coming and who is not. Plus when I responded I put a plug in that said, "I can't wait to meet everyone and if you're interested in your own show, call me".

Anybody else had success or not success using Evite?
Are you talking about the web invites through our website? I always urge them to use it (or give me the emails and I will do it) but the majority do not. Of those that do use it most guests do not respond via the site but call the host (or wait for the host to call them). I have gotten out of town orders or not coming to the show orders from it many times though so I still think it's worth it - just don't think most people utilize this option to it's capabilities.

No, I'm talking about "EVite.com".

I have used "evite.com" when I have parties with other DS companies and they don't have the websites like we do (which is basically none of them that I've run across so far!). I had a Silpada party in April, and I invited over 40 people, and had 12 in attendance. I only mailed out 5 postcard invitations to people who don't use their email - everyone else was sent an "evite". My consultant liked it b/c she could see who was coming, and I liked it b/c it makes it easy to invite others, but I prefer our website's functions. Most of my hosts who use my website love that they can do their wish list on there, invite people, people can see the catalog and order directly from there, and so on. If you don't have a PWS, then evite.com is a good alternative, but overall, I think our websites are the best! JMO! :)

I don't see the need for Evite when we have the same service only better on our own PWSs?

dannyzmom said:
I don't see the need for Evite when we have the same service only better on our own PWSs?
Yeah, and when they decline they are taken directly to the catalog ;)

1. How can I encourage hostesses to make their guest list and send out invitations?

One way to encourage hostesses is by emphasizing the benefits they and their guests will receive from hosting a Pampered Chef party. This could include free products, discounts, and a fun night with friends and family. You could also provide them with a step-by-step guide or checklist to help them organize their guest list and send out invitations.

2. What should I do if a hostess still doesn't send out invitations despite my reminders?

If a hostess is still not sending out invitations after your reminders, it may be helpful to have a direct conversation with them. Ask them if there are any concerns or challenges they are facing that may be preventing them from sending out invitations. Offer your support and assistance in any way you can to help them be successful in hosting a party.

3. Can I follow up with potential guests if the hostess hasn't invited them?

Yes, you can follow up with potential guests even if the hostess hasn't invited them. It's important to respect the hostess and her guest list, but you can reach out to potential guests to introduce yourself and let them know about the party. You can also offer to send them an invitation or provide them with more information about the products and the party.

4. How far in advance should a hostess send out invitations?

We recommend that hostesses send out invitations at least 2-3 weeks in advance to give their guests enough time to respond and RSVP. However, the timing may vary depending on the hostess's schedule and the type of party they are hosting. Encourage your hostess to plan ahead and schedule a specific date to send out invitations to ensure they are sent out in a timely manner.

5. What can I do to help hostesses who are hesitant about making phone calls to invite guests?

Some hostesses may feel uncomfortable making phone calls to invite guests, so it's important to offer them alternative options. This could include sending out invitations through email, social media, or even traditional mail. You could also offer to make calls on their behalf or provide them with a script or talking points to help them feel more confident in reaching out to potential guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered.chris
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Kathie's Kitchen
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
Replies
Views
Wildfire