• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Reminder Calls for the Hostess

In summary, this method is great for hosts who want to make sure their guests are aware of the show, and it is efficient because there is no need to keep calling.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Those of you who make reminder calls to the guests for your hostesses...do you have a script you follow?
I have to make reminder calls for a hostess today and I am having phone-freeze!!

I have not made them before but I would just tell them who I am and that you are making calls to remind them of so and so's show and hope they can be there.
If I made there here duing the day I would get mostly answering machines and not have an actual conversation with the guest.

jrstephens said:
I have not made them before but I would just tell them who I am and that you are making calls to remind them of so and so's show and hope they can be there.
If I made there here duing the day I would get mostly answering machines and not have an actual conversation with the guest.

I am hoping to get machines!!

I use Post Calls - it is DEFINATELY worth the cost. For 7.5 cents per call I can get the info out to the guests as well as what we are making, the guest special and my website address. And, they get it done when I want them to and very quickly! If you need a referral, I would be happy to set you up. Here is a script I just used for a recent host.Hi, I’m calling on behalf of Mhari McLaughlin. This is Kate Jensen, from The Pampered Chef. We wanted to make sure you received the invitation to Mhari’s show and remind you that it’s Saturday, October 28 at 1:30pm. Please RSVP to Mhari with a yes or no if you haven’t already done so.I have a special offer for you: If you bring an adult buying guest, that was not invited by Mhari, I will give you a FREE gift at the show.The recipe I’ll be making is Rustic Foccacia, and I think you’ll really enjoy it. We will also be highlighting easy entertaining and holiday gift ideas.If you can’t come and would like to have your own show, or view the products please visit my website at www.pamperedchef.biz/katejensen where you can place orders and pay on-line.The special this month is our Redesigned Bar Board for Free with a $60 purchase or more..Hope to see you tomorrow, bye now.

Here's what I say on the answering machine

"Hi Carolyn, I"m calling to remind you about Cindy's Pampered Chef show. It is tomorrow, Tuesday November 14 at 6:27 p.m. I hope you can join us. If you bring a friend, neigbhor or relative who is not on the guest list, I'll have a gift for you. If you cannot attend but would like to place an order, you can contact Cindy. She has order forms and catalogs. Or, you can order online on Cindy's show through the website listed on the postcard you received. Thanks so much and I hope to see you tomorow."

If I get the person I say "Hi, my name is Jeanine and I'm Cindy Smith's Pampered Chef Consultant. How are you this evening? I'm making reminder calls today for Cindy's show tomorrow. Will you be able to join us?" I let them know about getting a gift for bringing a friend and if they can't attend I tell them about ordering through the host or online.

HTH

What gifts do you give to those who bring a friend?

I let them pick something from my goodie basket. It has the door prize stuff available on paperwork/supply.

pamperedgirl3 said:
I let them pick something from my goodie basket. It has the door prize stuff available on paperwork/supply.

Same here. Twixits, nylon scrapers, citrus peelers and cake testers (till they are gone).

Kate: I was going to suggest Postcalls, too! Used them for my HAN, and now I am hooked! 50 CALLS IN MINUTES! Awesome!

What are Post Calls?

AJPratt said:
Kate: I was going to suggest Postcalls, too! Used them for my HAN, and now I am hooked! 50 CALLS IN MINUTES! Awesome!

Anne, I'm curious about the cost, and what the people you called thought of this. My director & I were talking about this last night; I'm just unsure about it.

The cost is 7.5 cents per call. I love that you can have unlimited groups, so each host has his/her own group. Then, when we have another show together, all I have to do is ask who s/he wants to add to the list. It also shows you who received the calls and how - answering machine, live, or hang-up.Here is the info if you want to try it. I have definately noticed an increase in attendance as well as hosts being more willing to have a show - I make it so easy for them! I do also send out invites which helps me with getting contact info for the guests.Basic info - Kate Jensen
5772 N. Applebrook Way
Boise, ID 83713
208-863-3903
[email protected]
The Pampered Chef
- Hide quoted text ----------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Oct 17, 2006 1:29 PM
Subject: Postcalls referral letter
To: [email protected]Thank you for your interest in Postcalls. I will be glad to help you with your account.
With Postcalls, there are no setup fees, no monthly or yearly fees, the only thing you pay for are the calls. You purchase calls for your account and use them until you need more calls or run out. You do not have to purchase each month, only when you need more calls. There is no extra fee for long distance calls. The rate that I am giving directors and consultants is 7.5 cents a call for a 60-second call. The basic package is 500 calls for $37.50. You must go through me for your first purchase to receive the discounted rate. You may also earn free calls in the future by referring other people to me. For everyone you refer to me who signs up, I will give you 50 free calls.
You can have as many numbers in a group as you like, and as many groups as you like. These names and numbers will stay in your account until you change or delete them. You can listen to your message before you send it. You can send your message when you record it or schedule the message to go out at a different time.
The basic information that I will need from you to sign up is, name, address, phone number, email, business, and who referred you. You can either call or email me this information and I will be glad to set up your account. Then all I will need to do is call you for your credit card number to make your purchase and give you the information on how to use the Postcalls system. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
• If you do sign up on line, go to www.postcalls.com you need to put in my referral code in the box, then call me for the discounted rate.
• Referral code 706 863 2586
We also have a non-profit division that you can refer people too. Just send them to me and if they sign up you will get the 50 free calls.Thanks,
Kathie Davis
Senior Sales Associate
CallingPost Communications, Inc.
1-888-229-5708
[email protected]

Another Post Calls RepI just wanted to add my 2 cents in on this! I have been using post calls and they are well worth it!:)

I do want to suggest another Post Calls Rep that is the spouse of a Pampered Chef Senior Director, Jennifer Stevens. I love that I am able to help out another Pampered Chef household! :D His name is Tom Stevens and here is his info.

Tom Stevens
1-800-928-7951
www.postcalls.com referral code 8009287951
[email protected]

He is offering a special right now of 250 calls for $18.75 or you can purchase 500. You also get referral calls...so if any of you ladies refer someone else to him you will get free calls. If they purchase 250 calls then you get 25 calls free, if they purchase 500 calls then you get 50 calls free!

I definately recommend postcalls no matter what rep you go through!!:D

So basically the post call system is what like the canidates use when trying to get the point across right?!

SillyChef said:
So basically the post call system is what like the canidates use when trying to get the point across right?!
Yes, and that's why I DON'T use them. I hate those calls. You think you are answering the phone for a person and it's a machine. Now if I was a guest and got a consultant on the answering machine I wouldn't know it was not her calling me personally but if I picked up I wouldn't like it.

I know that people have success with post calls - my director swears by them - but I personally think they are way too impersonal.

THat has been my thought too Beth! I always just hang up on those recorded calls I get; so I worry that it would be a waste of money, if customers were doing that.
Does this go over better in more populated areas? I live in a rural area & am just not convinced yet that this is worth it. I personally think I make it pretty easy to be a host, & asking them to make reminder calls isn't asking too much!

lacychef said:
THat has been my thought too Beth! I always just hang up on those recorded calls I get; so I worry that it would be a waste of money, if customers were doing that.
Does this go over better in more populated areas? I live in a rural area & am just not convinced yet that this is worth it. I personally think I make it pretty easy to be a host, & asking them to make reminder calls isn't asking too much!
I've been sorta leaning this same way....The part of me that likes to make things easy is attracted to the idea, but at the same time, I know how I respond to automated calls, no matter who they are from! I'm thinking back last month to the elections - no matter what the automated call was about - even for an issue or candidate I supported strongly - I just hung up when I realized it was not a real person on the other end of the line. I too make it easy for my hosts - those reminder calls are about the only thing they really have to do for the show - and I know that they often get orders from people who can't make it when they do the calls.....I'm just leary about giving up the personal contact.

I have offered to make the calls for the host. Most do not take me up on it though.

When I do call I try to call during a time I will mostly get machines and leave a quick message like some that have already been posted here. I start by saying "I am calling for Suzy Host with a reminder..."

I agree with Beth that they are impersonal... but I try to schedule mine when most people, if they work outside the home, are out of the house... like 10 or 11am. Of all the calls I have made, only 2 or 3 were live. So, its working for me now.

Tempting as this service is, the reason I won't use them is because you sometimes get a real live person. When someone answers the phone the conversation changes completely.

Is it the person who's invited to the show? If not, is that person available? If not, I ask if I can call back and leave a message on their answering machine. My messages are detailed and I know it's highly unlikely that the message taker is going to pass on accurate information.

It would be perfect if went only from machine to machine.

BethCooks4U said:
if I was a guest and got a consultant on the answering machine I wouldn't know it was not her calling me personally but if I picked up I wouldn't like it.

1. How far in advance should I make reminder calls for the hostess?

It is recommended to make reminder calls for the hostess at least 2-3 days before the scheduled party. This will give them enough time to make any necessary preparations and remind their guests to attend.

2. What should I say when making reminder calls for the hostess?

When making reminder calls for the hostess, be friendly and professional. Introduce yourself and remind them of the date, time, and location of the party. You can also ask if they need any assistance or have any questions before the party.

3. How many times should I try to reach the hostess if they don't answer?

If the hostess does not answer after the first attempt, try calling one more time. If they still do not answer, leave a friendly voicemail reminding them of the party and ask them to call you back. Avoid calling more than twice as it may come across as pushy.

4. Can I send reminder texts or emails instead of making calls?

While calls are generally more effective in getting a response, you can also send reminder texts or emails to the hostess. Just make sure to keep the message short, friendly, and informative.

5. What should I do if the hostess cancels the party after reminder calls have been made?

If the hostess cancels the party after reminder calls have been made, politely ask for a reason and try to reschedule for a later date. If they are unable to reschedule, thank them for their interest and ask if they would like to book a party for a future date. Remember to stay professional and understanding in this situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • kisrae
  • Pampered Chef Shows