• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Am Doing a Booth at a Vendor Fair This Weekend and Was Wondering

In summary, the conversation is about what items to use for a raffle at an upcoming vendor fair. The options discussed are a gift certificate, a trifle bowl with extra products inside, and a tool turn about with mini serving spatula and other items. The group also discusses the effectiveness of using a gift certificate as a raffle prize and the potential for making new contacts. The final decision is to use the trifle bowl with extra products inside as the raffle prize.
StacieB
Gold Member
I am doing a booth at a vendor fair this weekend and was wondering what you have used in the past if asked for a Raffle Item? I have a few products on hand. Was wondering if a Gift Certificate would be ok to do or if I should do product? Thanks for any advice.

Re: RaffleI've done the gift certificate. (I used my own, worth $10 or worth $25 "at your own show.") I recently listened to a training CD, though, that had a really good point. People like to see what they're getting. I've got an extra Trifle Bowl. At my next expo I'll be putting a few small items I have on hand inside and wrapping it in cellophane with a pretty bow. The point they made on the CD was that what you're doing should be visually striking.

Re: RaffleThat sounds good Rae, Thanks. I do have a Tool Turn about. I might do that with a mini serving spatula and a couple other things.

Re: RaffleSo, Rae, are you saying you're using the Trifle Bowl as the raffle prize, or just as an example of what they could buy with their gc?

Re: RaffleThe thing I like about doing a GC that's redeemable only through me is that I know I will have the opportunity to make a new contact. When they get a prize, they usually don't contact the consultant afterwards.

Re: RaffleMaybe do a GC with a Season's Best and Serving Spatula? I was just thinking about this very same thing for an upcoming booth I have. Thanks for the suggesstions.

Re: Raffle
pampchefsarah said:
So, Rae, are you saying you're using the Trifle Bowl as the raffle prize, or just as an example of what they could buy with their gc?

The Trifle Bowl filled with a couple of extra (new in box) products I already have on hand will be the prize. I've done this expo before, and I usually get $200 - $500 in sales. Plus, I've already got these things on hand, so there's nothing out of pocket.

1. How should I set up my booth at the vendor fair?

It's important to have an eye-catching and organized display at your booth. Consider using a tablecloth, banners or signs, and product samples or demonstrations to attract customers. Make sure to have your products labeled with prices and have business cards or brochures available for interested customers.

2. What products should I showcase at the vendor fair?

Choose a selection of popular and seasonal products to showcase at your booth. This will give customers a variety of options to choose from and may increase sales. It's also a good idea to have some exclusive offers or limited-time deals for the event.

3. How can I stand out among other vendors?

One way to stand out is to offer something unique or different from other vendors, such as a cooking demonstration or a raffle for a free product. You can also decorate your booth with fun and eye-catching decorations, or wear a branded apron or shirt to make your booth more memorable.

4. How should I handle payments at the vendor fair?

It's important to have multiple payment options available for customers. Consider accepting cash, credit cards, and mobile payment apps. You can also offer a special promotion for customers who pay with a certain method, such as a discount for using a mobile payment app.

5. How can I follow up with potential customers after the vendor fair?

Collecting contact information from interested customers is crucial for following up and potentially making future sales. Consider having a sign-up sheet for a newsletter or sending a follow-up email to thank customers for visiting your booth. You can also offer a special discount or promotion for customers who sign up for your mailing list at the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bunksc
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefChillFL